Tomorrow-May 17-MS Prisendam Sail-Away from Port Everglades, FL.

aliaschief

I've seen reference to the little white truck several times and don't know what its significance is. Can someone enlighten me?

Line handlers in Port Everglades drive white Dodge Ram pickup trucks to transport themselves to the fwd and aft bollards on the dock to which the ship is secured to her berth. When they start showing, it's a good indication the ship is about to let go of her lines to get ready to depart/shove off. Btw, in Grenada, the line handlers use bicycles. Question of economics:cool:

Can anyone see this? LWT's in Barcelona./Users/annmccarthy/Desktop/P1030952.JPG Sorry, didn't work. I wish I could figure out how to get photos on to this site!

You need to take your pic and download it to a site like www.Photobucket.com. Once you've got that accomplished, you can open that pic (in Photobucket), right click and hit 'copy'. Then go to CC, click respond, right click again, and hit paste

!

The Port Canaveral web cam is a good site to watch to get your addiction of toots fulfilled. The current Master of the Enchantment of the Seas usually is out on the Bridge Wing waving as the ship passes the camera and there are lots of toots!

He is a Master of toots, as well. The last two weeks I've listened in and there were 12 long, robust toots each week.

!

The Port Canaveral web cam is a good site to watch to get your addiction of toots fulfilled. The current Master of the Enchantment of the Seas usually is out on the Bridge Wing waving as the ship passes the camera and there are lots of toots! Plus, the Disney ships sometimes play their tunes on their horns and a Carnival ship also offers some toots once in awhile.

Have a great summer/winter wherever you are located on this, the third planet from the Sun!

He is a Master of toots, as well. The last two weeks I've listened in and there were 12 long, robust toots each week.

As a Baltimorean, I pretty much predicted that. The Enchantment sailed from Baltimore until recently and Captain Gus is about number 4 on my list of Captains:

Ralf Zaander, Crystal Symphony

Tim Roberts, Prinsendam

Dave Sylvaria, Blount Small Ship Adventures

Gus Andersson, Enchantment of the Seas

Captain Gus should be on Enchantment until about July 1, and then at 10 week intervals. When I think of him on "toots", though, it isn't for sailaway. On my last Enchantment cruise, he stepped onto the farewell show (on New Orleans Super Bowl Sunday), and played a rousing "When the Saints Come Marching In" on the trumpet. A real pleasure to sail with.

Roy

You need ...., and hit paste

Or put them somewhere on the web, go to them and copy the url from your browser address bar. Then in your "reply to thread" message click the yellow envelope with the mountains and paste in the URL when asked.

Or put them somewhere on the web, go to them and copy the url from your browser address bar. Then in your "reply to thread" message click the yellow envelope with the mountains and paste in the URL when asked.

It's beyond my little old brain. I shall remain photoless! But thanks to all, anyway.

Great blog, I've got it bookmarked now. In one of the photos of the sailaway I'm pretty sure I picked out sapper1 (Bobbie) holding onto the Canadian flag.

I'm sure I saw Georgina yesterday. I can't really see her on the photo on that blog but I'm fairly positve.

It's beyond my little old brain. I shall remain photoless! But thanks to all, anyway.

When I first started posting pictures I wrote all the info down and went step by step. Now, after only a few months, it is very easy. If you decide at some point you want to give it a try, there is a thread about it on the Photography forum. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1714741

My suspicion yesterday about Prinsendam being inspected by USPH in Port Everglades was correct.

She was, indeed, inspected and she scored a fabulous 97.

Well done and Congratulations to Officers, Crew and Staff of the Prinsendam.

I hope they have a great party to celebrate.

My suspicion yesterday about Prinsendam being inspected by USPH in Port Everglades was correct.

Great news and congratulations to the crew.

Thanks for this information.

Congratulations to all Prinsendam employees.

Archived