Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

Yeah it's not going to be a productive day at all !!

People in my office keep looking at me sideways when i tell them why i absolutely had to stay up until 3 in the morning... :rolleyes:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Here is a port side view with two lifeboats and the fast rescue boat already secured.

Photo credit goes to Jannes Wessels.

14720730188_4716c6585e_o.jpg

That is one long ship! Just beautiful. I feel like I can definitely see the Solstice-class influences in her shape and I love it. I happen to think the Solstice-class are the most beautiful ships at sea. At least until now!

People in my office keep looking at me sideways when i tell them why i absolutely had to stay up until 3 in the morning... :rolleyes:

LOL.... they just don't get it. I stopped trying to explain my fascination with Quantum to folks over a year ago. :)

I love that reaction ! I'm an addicted to cruising, no way around it, thats my answer all the time

Ok what a great looking ship.

I have a few questions for the experts

1. It looked like the roof of the solarium is not see through? Did anyone else notice this or is there maybe a protective covering on it?

2. On the side of 270 there is an area of either no windows or they are covered, anyone know what this area is? Kinda weird looking....

3. Looking at the RCCL websie about the Quantum facts it states about the pools:

*Full-service VitalitySM Spa

*State-of-the-art Fitness Center

*220-foot outdoor, poolside movie screen

*Adults-only Solarium pool, a glass-canopied retreat*

*Indoor pool with retractable roof

*Whirlpools

It says the solarium pool is adults only but it doesn't say that about the indoor pool, so will the indoor pool be for everyone? Just curious...

1. It looked like the roof of the solarium is not see through? Did anyone else notice this or is there maybe a protective covering on it?

I did notice that. All of the renderings of Quantum show it as clear glass so I'm thinking it is a covering.

2. On the side of 270 there is an area of either no windows or they are covered, anyone know what this area is? Kinda weird looking....

Not sure about this.

3. Looking at the RCCL websie about the Quantum facts it states about the pools:

*Whirlpools

It says the solarium pool is adults only but it doesn't say that about the indoor pool, so will the indoor pool be for everyone? Just curious...

Yes, I think there is both. The Solarium is far forward, while the indoor pool will be under where the North Star will be.

Some answers above.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Yes. There are 3 pools, 2 of which are indoor:

1 Outdoor pool for everyone.

1 Indoor pool for everyone.

1 Indoor pool in the Solarium for 16 and up

*Whirlpools

1. The solarium glass is clear, just dirty

2. That area in two 70 is coverd since there are bathrooms there

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Forums

*Whirlpools

Well...

#1 you answered yourself with an asterix under #3. "Adults-only Solarium pool, a glass-canopied retreat" Yes it is glass. It's dirty/covered for protection. A lot of the glass of the ship is still covered with protective film, including some 270 glass panels. That is why they appear to be different colors.

#2...Most likely bathrooms.

#3. Solarium is the only adult only pool. Great thing with this ship is the Retractable indoor pool for everyone. This means that even if it's raining, the Solarium should remain adult only. Everyone wins!

Yes. There are 3 pools, 2 of which are indoor:

1 Outdoor pool for everyone.

1 Indoor pool for everyone.

1 Indoor pool in the Solarium for 16 and up

I believe there is a 4th area as well, an H2O zone outside on the other side of the TV from the outdoor pool.

Looking at the huge pic which I copied/pasted and printed out on 8 1/2 X 14 paper and is now hanging over my desk at work, I'm going to have to worry about putting weight on for this cruise. Holy crap, I'm going to be doing some serious walking from our cabin to the back of the ship. WOW:eek: Wonder if they supply segways??

Edited by tls1012

Looking at the huge pic which I copied/pasted and printed out on 8 1/2 X 14 paper and is now hanging over my desk at work, I'm going to have to worry about putting weight on for this cruise. Holy crap, I'm going to be doing some serious walking from our cabin to the back of the ship. WOW:eek: Wonder if they supply segways??

I know. I LOST weight on Oasis (unheard of!) and I have a feeling it's going to be the same here.

Tracy

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

LoL! That is too funny. I get the same looks from my family all the time when I am on CC or looking at anything with ships.

This has been a great experience all the way though.