Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

1409075787003-2014QuantumatYard-135.JPG

This should cut down on the number of chargers needed.

Are those USB ports? Great for charging phones and cameras. 😆

Also love the outlet next to the bed. Was on my wish list. Not sure there is one in the SB cabin though. Can anyone tell?

Denise

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Edited by DKNYC

Are those USB ports? Great for charging phones and cameras. 😆

Also love the outlet next to the bed. Was on my wish list. Not sure there is one in the SB cabin though. Can anyone tell?

Denise

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Yes they are. They did a great job adding more outlets and connectors at the right places. On the other ships most of the outlets were on the desk across from the bed.

I'm making an educated guess here, but the top photo looks like it could be the Schooner Bar, and the bottom photo Sorrentos. Both on Deck 4 with direct ocean views.

Those sound like very good guesses to me. The top one looked like the entrance from the Esplanade to the winding hallway in the other area we haven't seen yet. Now that you mention it though it also has a very Schooner Bar like look to it. That venue has traditionally been integrated into a walkway (to many people's dismay) and could be once again.

Those sound like very good guesses to me. The top one looked like the entrance from the Esplanade to the winding hallway in the other area we haven't seen yet. Now that you mention it though it also has a very Schooner Bar like look to it. That venue has traditionally been integrated into a walkway (to many people's dismay) and could be once again.

Hopefully we will find out soon enough! If it is the Schooner Bar, it seems kind of odd to keep it under wraps as a "more to come" item on the deck plan. It's a Royal Caribbean tradition and there is nothing really earth shattering about it. So far we have not seen or heard of any type of piano bar on QUANTUM, so the ship does need one and if not the Schooner Bar something else. Adam Goldstein mentioned that QUANTUM will have a Schooner Bar some time ago, but I think you and I both know that plans can and do change so who really knows?

In the other pic, it looked like pizza ovens against one wall and the red decor so I figured it might be Sorrentos. Also the location and windows seemed to fit where it would be in the deck plan.

Co-worker André is loving all the Quantum photos, and - of course - had to contribute something. He was trying to wrap his head around the Esplanade, trying to figure out where the areas photographed were located. I think he had too much fun. :D

EDIT: Seems like you have to click on the image, and then click on the Photobucket magnifying glass at the corner of the image (two times) to get a HUGE readable version.

Esplanadephotoorientationwithshipcutaway_zps87109848.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

Just read a Quantum Class FAQ in an RCI email I received today, announcing smoking on the balconies! HAS to be an error, but how unbelievable! :eek: Here's the question/answer:

Can you smoke onboard Royal Caribbean International ships?

The smoking policy is the same on Quantum of the Seas SM and Anthem of the Seas SM as it is on all other Royal

Caribbean ships. Guests are allowed to smoke cigarettes and cigars in designated areas of the ship. All of our

staterooms are non-smoking However, guests are allowed to smoke on their balconies.

Also, has it been mentioned yet that the Seapods in Seaplex will have custom themes, and features such as table tennis, foosball, air hockey.

Just want to thank Lloyd and others very much for contributing the amazing photos, and sharing info about Quantum. You and this new ship are awesome, I really appreciate everything!

Unfortunately no one has yet photographed the forward section of the Promenade/Esplanade. That is the area I would like to see but apparently it's currently off limits. From the deck plan it appears it will have natural light coming in from large windows on the Port Side of Deck 5, as the open atrium area appears to be located against these windows instead of right down the center of the ship.

This pic below gives the closest glimpse I've seen so far. The pic is looking forward toward the un-photographed section of the Promenade/Esplanade I'm speaking of. If you look all the way to the far end of the photo and to the left, you can see a lot of light coming in and I believe these are from windows on Deck 5. The walkway would actually be to the right with an open area down to Deck 4.

113c4a084b6c01bb0005fc5b5c2872aa.jpg

Unfortunately no one has yet photographed the forward section of the Promenade/Esplanade. That is the area I would like to see but apparently it's currently off limits. From the deck plan it appears it will have natural light coming in from large windows on the Port Side of Deck 5, as the open atrium area appears to be located against these windows instead of right down the center of the ship.

This pic below gives the closest glimpse I've seen so far. The pic is looking forward toward the un-photographed section of the Promenade/Esplanade I'm speaking of. If you look all the way to the far end of the photo and to the left, you can see a lot of light coming in and I believe these are from windows on Deck 5. The walkway would actually be to the right with an open area down to Deck 4.

113c4a084b6c01bb0005fc5b5c2872aa.jpg

I found this photo of part of the area forward of Michael's Genuine Pub, where deck 5 is open to deck 4 below on the port side.

722f594971ff7c64145e3349a5b2f393.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

The camera was up for a while and it appears the Northstar sphere is now sitting on the top deck waiting to be installed. Just a guess since it's still covered in the white shrink wrap but it's very large. No sign of the arm from the camera's perspective.

Wonder if they didn't want us to see them lifting that giant covered object on the pool deck or if that was just a coincidence. Not sure if it's sitting on something, but it seems a bit tall for the North Star. Could be part of the crane mounting and engines?

Wonder if they didn't want us to see them lifting that giant covered object on the pool deck or if that was just a coincidence. Not sure if it's sitting on something, but it seems a bit tall for the North Star. Could be part of the crane mounting and engines?

That's what I was thinking when it went down.

Here's a close-up.

10538592_10152435257824164_5816838177512411001_n.jpg

The shrink wrapped object looks like it is the loading and unloading area for the Northstar. The passenger pod needs a platform to rest on and provide access for loading and unloading passengers. Since it is ADA accessible, there is probably a lift for people in wheelchairs.

Eric

Edited by Pomperaugrr

Come on everyone... The camera just went down. I cannot believe that their project management would care enough about the webcam and what it shows to where they would actually shut it off to lift something. Not everything is shrouded in secrecy

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by bandith007

I found this photo of part of the area forward of Michael's Genuine Pub, where deck 5 is open to deck 4 below on the port side.

722f594971ff7c64145e3349a5b2f393.jpg

Great find and the first I've seen of this area. I must say looking great!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I am amazed at how much work has yet to be done in the common areas. The move down the river is supposed to begin in the next couple of weeks. I'm guessing a bunch of workers are going to be taking a river boat ride.

I am amazed at how much work has yet to be done in the common areas. The move down the river is supposed to begin in the next couple of weeks. I'm guessing a bunch of workers are going to be taking a river boat ride.

I don't think it's too uncommon for the yard to be doing work while they are doing the transit and sea trials.

I think when the oasis was coming over they were still doing finishing touches to the inside