Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

Amazing...simply amazing...

I'm just trying to guess how many minions it took to move it. :)

Not many! They're strong swimmers!

Another photo ...

AnthemsectioncomingoutofHall6June12014_2_zpsa65d4094.jpg

Photo by Jannes Wessels

Edited by Lloyd555

This might be a silly question, but where is it floating to? Is it going to another hall and the Quantum moving up? Sorry, I haven't studied the Hall plans as much as you guys. :). Thanks for the awesome pics HD1080ide!

This might be a silly question, but where is it floating to? Is it going to another hall and the Quantum moving up? Sorry, I haven't studied the Hall plans as much as you guys. :). Thanks for the awesome pics HD1080ide!

Quantum will come out next and then they'll float the section back into the hall a bit further down to allow full length build. They'll set the separation gates 2/3rds down and then will start to lay Norwegian's Escape Keel behind.

It will remain docked outside Hall 6 until August 3. On that date, after the Quantum of the Seas & the second Anthem section are floated out, both sections will be floated back in, joined, and have the bow section and the aft section (which includes the Two70 venue) attached.

I don't think that they will be moving the Quantum. Does anyone now know for sure. Any updates? I know we've posted about this before.

The next Anthem section is one that is forward of the one floated out today. I suppose they could build it facing 'backwards' and in August float in the first section 'backwards' so that it can be attached to the second section's rear. The whole ship would then be facing the other way and have to be floated out backwards - which has been done before. Eep! That gave me a headache!

Someone commented on Facebook about moving the Quantum of the Seas forward and building the next section behind her:

It would simply make life easier for them instead of having to float out on August the second section of anthem then Quantum, and then move in two sections, when they could just move Quantum, start building behind quantum the rest of anthem, and then move in the first part of anthem. Also they need to give the spotlight to Quantum during her float out, not to anthem with two giant sections.

We'll have to check out Monday's webcam image ...

Edited by Lloyd555

(Con't)

Last but not least, the chart again …

April232014FlickrJanvandenHeuvel_11_HALL6_zps344ca5d2.jpg

Photos by visitor Jan van den Heuvel

So looking at this plan again and the dates. Does that mean they are a month behind? As 1st June shows lots of assembled blocks??

Edited by Single Cruiser

It will remain docked outside Hall 6 until August 3. On that date, after the Quantum of the Seas & the second Anthem section are floated out, both sections will be floated back in, joined, and have the bow section and the aft section (which includes the Two70 venue) attached.

I don't think that they will be moving the Quantum. Does anyone now know for sure. Any updates? I know we've posted about this before.

seems correct, they wrote they same in the articel.

http://www.noz.de/lokales/papenburg/artikel/479334/meyer-werft-dockt-sonntag-schiffsbauteil-aus

Am Sonntag verlässt das erste Schwimmteil der „Anthem of the seas“ die Halle. Das zweite Element folgt mit dem Ausdocken der „Quantum of the seas“ im August. Nach dem Ausdocken des Kreuzfahrtschiffes werden beide Schwimmteile wieder in das Baudock manövriert und dort verbunden. Anschließend werden die Blöcke für den Bug und das Heck aufgestellt und das Kreuzfahrtschiff ist komplett.

So looking at this plan again and the dates. Does that mean they are a month behind? As 1st June shows lots of assembled blocks??

I keep forgetting about showing that chart!

I'll post it on FB for the guy who assumed that the Quantum would be moved (but won't!). Could have saved me trying to word how a Quantum move and Anthem build could be done if they wanted to.

Thanks!

Edited by Lloyd555

I keep forgetting about showing that chart!

I'll post it on FB for the guy who assumed that the Quantum would be moved (but won't!). Could have saved me trying to word how a Quantum move and Anthem build could be done if they wanted to.

Thanks!

Lloyd- Thanks for sharing those amazing pictures this morning. Looking at the chart it would appear that they are ahead of schedule on Anthem as more blocks seemed to have been assembled in the floated out section.

Just some brand new photos from Quantum of the Seas and the block of Anthem of the Seas from today afternoon. Enjoy!!

http://www.depping-design.de/test/index.php

Andreas

Andreas - Thanks. I was just on your website checking those great shots of Anthem you took. Great to see some Quantum Class pictures from you.

Edit: Its been hard to get great pictures of this class ship as we have discussed here on CC. Thanks again.

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

Geez. You leave for a few hours to run in the beautiful weather that Ottawa is finally getting and so many more great photos appear! Thanks to all for sharing!!

Andreas Depping, your photos are beautiful!

Edited by Lloyd555

Thanks for sharing the pictures of Anthem:)

Never realised they built the ship in complete sections like that and joined them together so pictures have been fascinating.

Hope to see alot more before she sails out in April.

Edited by postie63