Nachi Coccum

hazeleyes35

I am making reservations! thanks for all the insight. One more question, do I have to pre-reserve a maasage or can I decide when I get there?

Either way works ... When you arrive & get situated a sales rep will approach you & show you all the offerings. You can schedule a massage at that time. They'll only ask you once though - meaning they won't keep bugging you if you say no.

Yes, I emailed them with questions. We are taking our own setups and hoping for clear waters that day but I read there's not to much to see close to these beaches/resorts.

It'll be great to spend the day there n enjoy the water anyway :thumbup:

Sent from my SCH-I815 using Forums mobile app

Fourth trip to Nachi last week and the day we were in Port we were the only ship so there was only a total of 40 there and we were 10 of the 40...! We had another great day at the resort with excellent weather, pool, drinks, and the lunch was fabulous. This stop is one that we book as soon after we book a cruise because we really look forward to visiting it again, they take excellent care of you and it has already been mentioned several times, but they make sure you get a quick cab back to the port....don't forget to order a Dirty Monkey when you go.....LOL

Hi,

This place sounds perfect. Just what I am looking for quiet and relaxing. Just one question does anyone know if you can snorkel on your own at Nachi?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

There we're people snorkeling on their own on our last visit. We have bought our own snorkel gear to use when we go in Sept.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hi,

This place sounds perfect. Just what I am looking for quiet and relaxing. Just one question does anyone know if you can snorkel on your own at Nachi?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Its a very sandy beach, so very few fish.

There might be some swimming around the dock area, if any.

The further south you go from town, the sandier the beaches get.

Better snorkeling is closer to town at Chankanaab or Money Bar, if the shore snorkeling is that important to you.

Nachi does offer a snorkeling excursion that takes you to a reef near Playa Mia and another up near town. Check the website for current prices. (I did it years ago for $25)

Bill

Just returned from our 3rd visit to Nachi Cocum - fun, fun, fun! They do take credit cards for your remaining balance now - that was new from our visit last year. The kids rode the banana boat - cost was $15 each. My son took his sand bucket for the first time - what a waste. No way to make a sand castle out of course Cozumel sand.... Another great day at Nachi Cocum for our family!

If you want a relaxing beach day, Nachi is the spot.

If you want a bit more of a party atmosphere, Mr. Sanchos is your spot.

If you want kid friendly, Playa Mia or Paradise Beach is your spot.

If you want snorkeling, Chankanaab or Money Bar are your spot.

The day we hit Coz in Oct is the highest capacity day of the month. 12,500+ people. :eek:

I want a beach day. With a great pool, since the ship's pool is like a big bowl of human soup. We will have kids with us that are 13 and 9. Snorkeling and unltd alcohol are not required.

Playa Mia looks nice, but crowded? I was thinking of Chankanaab. Also very crowded? Maybe Nachi is a better choice due to the crowds that will be all over the island?

Our goals are: fewer people, good food, pool and beach time, a couple of cervezas.

The day we hit Coz in Oct is the highest capacity day of the month. 12,500+ people. :eek:

I want a beach day. With a great pool, since the ship's pool is like a big bowl of human soup. We will have kids with us that are 13 and 9. Snorkeling and unltd alcohol are not required.

Playa Mia looks nice, but crowded? I was thinking of Chankanaab. Also very crowded? Maybe Nachi is a better choice due to the crowds that will be all over the island?

Our goals are: fewer people, good food, pool and beach time, a couple of cervezas.

The pool at Nachi is small, although it does have a 3 or 4 stool swim up bar. :D As mentioned above, snorkeling anywhere with a nice sandy beach will be poor - the sand clouds the water and there is no place for the fish to hide from the bigger fish. I would head to Chank -- most of the crowds there will be at the dolphin shows and swim area and they offer two area - a nice beach and a nice are for shore snorkeling. The $20 admission fee tends to keep th e crowds down. Good luck! :)

12,500....light day...;)

The day we are scheduled for Cozumel in April, has 6 ships and over 20,000 passengers that day.:eek:

The Allure OTS, Carnival Magic and NCL Epic are all there, plus 3 smaller boats.

We are booking Nachi this weekend to hopefully lock down our spots in the 100 for that day.

We were just there Tuesday and had a wonderful time! There were only 2 ships in port and I believe there were only about 11 of us on the beach at Nachi that day. It was paradise!!! We also enjoyed meeting some fellow cruise critic members there. A perfect day at a beautiful beach with great service! I can't wait to go back!!!

Nachi! Been there 4 times, can't wait to go back

Jeff

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We are going for the first time this November......we cannot wait.

I made my decision based on all the wonderful information found on these boards.......:D

Can someone give a good tipping guideline to someone who has never been to an all-inclusive and doesn't drink - although I definitely tip for food and non-alcoholic drinks. Do you tip per drink, or at the end of the day? How much?

We are going for the first time this November......we cannot wait.

I made my decision based on all the wonderful information found on these boards.......:D

We are also going in November on the 18th be in coz on the 21st

Can someone give a good tipping guideline to someone who has never been to an all-inclusive and doesn't drink - although I definitely tip for food and non-alcoholic drinks. Do you tip per drink, or at the end of the day? How much?

Your waiter will be assigned to you for the day and will be bringing your meal and drinks wherever you want them served.

(I usually pick a beer and just ask him to keep them coming, so he just casually checks my bottle as the day goes and magically right before I finish the last bit, another frosty beer arrives. DW usually hangs out at the swim up bar alot, so she doesn't use the waiter as much.)

We just give our waiter one tip at the end of the day.

Depending on how much I have him running me fresh cervezas, is how large my tip grows.

Also if you go to the restaurant to eat your meal, versus making him run your meal all the way down the beach to your palapa, that makes a difference to me in my tip.

Bill

We tip the waiter about 20% of the admission fee at the end of the day and some more to the bar tenders (I like to practice my Spanish at the swim-up bar). Never had anything less than stellar service at Nachi!

Good luck! :)

This place sounds fantastic ! I just wish it were more "family" oriented since we'll have young grandchildren with us.

What do you mean by kid friendly? I don't think Nachi discourages children. The beach and pool would be fun for kids. They do not have any water toys but you said yound grandchildren so I would think too young to go on water toys in the Sea.

If they are easlily entertained children with just beach and pool, the food is really good. They also have non-alcoholic drinks. Prices are pro-rated for kids as well. Check out the web site, great quiet place.

Edited by dperki1

This place sounds fantastic ! I just wish it were more "family" oriented since we'll have young grandchildren with us.

They don't discourage kids.

Just don't have kiddie toys, kiddie pools etc.. that other beach clubs like Playa Mia do.

My brother took his kids when they were two, so they couldn't go in the pool with a swimmie diaper, so basically they were stuck with taking them in the ocean and building sandcastles all day.

I'd say look into Playa Mia

http://www.playamiacozumel.com/

Chankanaab or

http://www.cozumelparks.com/

Paradise Beach with kiddies.

http://www.paradise-beach-cozumel.com/

But Nachi Cocum does not discourage kids.