Additional OBC for Chicago area residents

cheriberi

Celebrity is currently offering an additional $100 OBC for Chicago area residents which is combinable with the current Pick Your Perk promo. I contacted my TA and she was able to get it added to my 2014 cruise: celebritycruises.com/chperk. Sweeeeet!

There's one going on for New England Residents also. Often FL residents seem to get one.

Maybe it's going around the country.

Seniors are blessed sometimes as are military people.

Such is life!

I think they have to give the Chicago residents something to entice them to leave their city. I wouldn't leave with my hockey team in the Stanley Cup finals or during the fall with the Bears playing.

Now us Michigan residents .... We are stuck with ...... and can't get out of town fast enough.

Anyways go Hawks hope you do it to Boston.

If you did not know your age how old would you be?

Since I haven't made final payment for our Sept. cruise, can this be added to our package? We booked with the 1 2 3 go promo.

We booked our cruise with the 1-2-3 go promo & have not made final payment yet, and our TA was able to add the OBC to our booking. Call your TA, or Celebrity if you booked with them directly. Good luck!

I got it added too. Very happy about that. Also very happy about the Hawks win tonight:)

I was very happy to see this OBC being offered but I had to wonder why it is being offered. Why would Celebrity want to entice just certain people? If their goal is to fill the ship why not offer the OBC to everyone?

We are currently booked on Solstice for July 19 and have made final payment already and noticed your post about OBC. We called our TA immediately and got another $500 credit as we have 5 cabins booked. Finally something in our Chicago favor! Thanks for the heads up.

Is this special published or listed somewhere? Any help would be appreciated.

I received a mailing from Celebrity for the Pick Your Promo and the notice for "Chicagoans" was about 2/3 down on the page. It wasn't very noticeable and I almost missed it. It is also on the web page celebritycruises.com/chperk. I thought since I almost missed seeing it, others probably did miss it. The promo code is SM06. I am happy that others have been able to receive it as well.

I live in a Chicago suburb and am booked for the Summit in January, 2014. We also have the 123 promotion. I called our TA who called Celebrity and was told by Celebrity that we are not eligible as this is for new bookings only. I called Celebrity but they cannot discuss this with us as it was booked with a TA. Anyone have any suggestions as to how to receive this OBC?

ODD..

I called my TA and he able to apply code offer SM06 ($100 OBC).

So now I am getting OBC from TA and from Celebrity! :D

And I still have my 123 promo intact! (of course i upgraded to premium)

He said he had no issues getting this done.

Now my friend who went with a different TA and is on a different cruise was told "We are not allowed to use multiple offers" Since he had already booked when they offered 123 Promo he was not eligible for this offer????? Go figure! I told him to call his travel agent (large company) again and speak to someone else who can be a little more assertive!

Guess the moral of story is Keep trying until you get your OBC!!

Thanks to OP for this little nugget of information! :D

I received a mailing from Celebrity for the Pick Your Promo and the notice for "Chicagoans" was about 2/3 down on the page. It wasn't very noticeable and I almost missed it. It is also on the web page celebritycruises.com/chperk. I thought since I almost missed seeing it, others probably did miss it. The promo code is SM06. I am happy that others have been able to receive it as well.

ODD..

I called my TA and he able to apply code offer SM06 ($100 OBC).

So now I am getting OBC from TA and from Celebrity! :D

And I still have my 123 promo intact! (of course i upgraded to premium)

He said he had no issues getting this done.

Now my friend who went with a different TA and is on a different cruise was told "We are not allowed to use multiple offers" Since he had already booked when they offered 123 Promo he was not eligible for this offer????? Go figure! I told him to call his travel agent (large company) again and speak to someone else who can be a little more assertive!

Guess the moral of story is Keep trying until you get your OBC!!

Thanks to OP for this little nugget of information! :D

Thank you both. I will give my TA the promo code and try one last time.

Below is the fine print from the offer. I knew about it from an email I got titled "Get what you want Chicago". It advertised the Pick Your Perk promotion and say Chicago residents can get an additional $100 OBC. So It is definitely combinable. I had already booked and my TA got this applied after booking. She said Celebrity has some sort of online submission and she submitted it and two days later it was confirmed.

$100 Onboard Credit ("OBC") Offer applies to 6-night and longer cruises or Cruisetours departing July 1, 2013 - April 30, 2015; veranda, Concierge Class, AquaClass® or suite categories. Cruise must be booked April 1 - June 30, 2013 ("Offer Period"). Excludes Celebrity Xpedition® . One Offer per stateroom. Offer open to residents of the following counties of Illinois: McHenry, Lake, DeKalb, LaSalle, Grundy, Kendall, Kane, DuPage, Cook, Will, Kankakee; or the following counties of Indiana: Lake, Newton, Porter, Jasper, and LaPorte. To redeem Offer, call Celebrity Cruises at 1-888-283-6374 or contact your travel professional, provide the qualifying residential address and promo code SMO6. Address will be verified at the pier.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I called my TA again this morning and Celebrity will not give it to us as we have the 123 promotion and this OBC can be combined with the Pick your Perks offer. We booked in March with the 123 offer and not the Pick you Perks. Bummer.....

I called my TA again this morning and Celebrity will not give it to us as we have the 123 promotion and this OBC can be combined with the Pick your Perks offer. We booked in March with the 123 offer and not the Pick you Perks. Bummer.....

Call again and ask for the Resolution desk.

Chris

Archived