For those that carry on wine

Has anyone noticed that it made a difference on your total seapass charges? On my most recent cruise, I found that it made a considerable difference in the amount I spent purchasing drinks. I assume due to the fact that I cruised solo, and was still allowed two bottles, and wine is my drink of choice. I am quite happy with this policy. :)

Just booked our cruise Tuesday and leave Sunday, need some help please...

My e-docs say no wine to be brought aboard, however the boards say 2 per stateroom....which is it please

Thanks for your help don't have a lot of time to search the boards too busy packing....:)

Just booked our cruise Tuesday and leave Sunday, need some help please...

My e-docs say no wine to be brought aboard, however the boards say 2 per stateroom....which is it please

Thanks for your help don't have a lot of time to search the boards too busy packing....:)

Edocs programming has not been updated. Since last Nov 1 Royal has allowed 2 bottles of wine per stateroom

I was thinking about taking some wine on board our next cruise but was wondering if I might have an issue with a corkscrew sine they have a little 1 inch knife attached. Do I have to get wine with a screw top? :D

We bring a couple of corkscrews in our checked bags. You can also ask a bar server or room service for a corkscrew.

We bring a couple of corkscrews in our checked bags. You can also ask a bar server or room service for a corkscrew.

Good to know, thanks. I just didn't want my corkscrew confiscated.

We will still get a wine package so we can have wine with dinner but it would be nice to have a glass in our room.

We will still get a wine package so we can have wine with dinner but it would be nice to have a glass in our room.

You are allowed to take one or more bottles from your wine package back to your stateroom.

You are allowed to take one or more bottles from your wine package back to your stateroom.

And you can pour yourself a glass of your own wine in your cabin and carry it into the dining room for dinner.

:)

I didnt know that thanks. I'll do that when I have to fly to the cruise. This November we can drive so I still might take some of my wine from home.

Since we drive to this cruise I also like to stock up on some of their good booze prices to take home after the cruise. I cant do that when I have to fly.

And you can pour yourself a glass of your own wine in your cabin and carry it into the dining room for dinner.

:)

Ooh, I didnt know that either :D

You can take as many bottles as you like from your wine package back to your cabin.

I have also got a bottle from the windjammer to take back during lunch hours.

Great info thanks, I cant wait to put all my new found knowledge to good use.

We were on a cruise last week and I won a bottle at the m&g and saved it for our dinner at the hotel before we flew back home the next day. As it turned out our wine package lasted perfectly through the last night of the cruise.

I was thinking about taking some wine on board our next cruise but was wondering if I might have an issue with a corkscrew sine they have a little 1 inch knife attached. Do I have to get wine with a screw top? :D

Get a corkscrew without the blade.:). Ours has a circular foil cutter so we can bring it in our carryon on a plane.

If you choose to bring a bottle or two of wine onboard, does it have to be in your checked luggage or can you carry it on at embarkation?

Thanks,

Sandie

You can do either, but I would carry it on because I don't throw my bags around and the porters do. Plus the luggage scanner will pick up the bottle in your checked bag and it may be held until you can show that you have wine instead of hard liquor.

Hi this is a very helpful thread thank you:)

Can someone tell me how many bottles we are aloud please? we are a family of four with 2 connecting cabins adults in one and kids in the other.

Thanx in advance

Mandy :cool:

Hi this is a very helpful thread thank you:)

Can someone tell me how many bottles we are aloud please? we are a family of four with 2 connecting cabins adults in one and kids in the other.

Thanx in advance

Mandy :cool:

Mandy, I could be wrong...but I just booked a cruise for this weekend 2 days ago on the phone with RC and the lady told me 2 750ml bottles per person carried in our carry on bag....you might want to call and verify

Archived