Emerald Gift

I just recently noticed on my reservation an opportunity to select gift preference. They ask what you want for a drink. I assume it is just one

can of soda or water.

Both DH and I are Emerald. Do we both receive a soda or is it like the snack pack and it is only one per cabin?

The only reason I ask is because DH drinks coke; I prefer diet coke.

I just recently noticed on my reservation an opportunity to select gift preference. They ask what you want for a drink. I assume it is just one

can of soda or water.

Both DH and I are Emerald. Do we both receive a soda or is it like the snack pack and it is only one per cabin?

If you each log into C&A using your own C&A number, you can each give your preference.

can of soda or water.

You will get one snack pack and two drinks.

It's the little things that make me smile. I don't know why I'm so stinking excited to get my first "free" can of Diet Coke for my first Emerald cruise, but I am :)

I do need to get my boyfriend to log into his account and select his preference. Otherwise he'd probably steal my Diet Coke from me and make me very sad. LOL

When is it we get a free alcoholic drink? Diamond or Diamond Plus??

It's the little things that make me smile. I don't know why I'm so stinking excited to get my first "free" can of Diet Coke for my first Emerald cruise, but I am :)

I do need to get my boyfriend to log into his account and select his preference. Otherwise he'd probably steal my Diet Coke from me and make me very sad. LOL

When is it we get a free alcoholic drink? Diamond or Diamond Plus??

You have to wait until D+ before they offer beer as a choice. They used to offer small bottles of wine too, but that was removed.

Good luck with the diet coke, I always get water even though i put in diet coke. I manage to not let it ruin my cruise, but it's tough.

Happens to us too. Only about half the time do we get what we specified on the web.

Good luck with the diet coke, I always get water even though i put in diet coke. I manage to not let it ruin my cruise, but it's tough.

I assume you're kidding right, even though you didn't use a little winking smilie?.... Leave a note for the bar services attendant explaining the situation; I'm sure it would be fixed for you with minimal effort. :)

OK--a quick question. We will be emerald on our next cruise. I went into the Ca and A area and selected Diet Coke as my drink choice. Do I have to do that for DH, too? Or will they just give him what I selected?

I tried to create a "my cruises" account with his C and A number--but, there were issues. Does not seem worth the trouble to resolve. DH never goes onto the RCL site to do the cruise documents. [but, RC always addresses all of their offers and correspondence to him.:rolleyes:]

OK--a quick question. We will be emerald on our next cruise. I went into the Ca and A area and selected Diet Coke as my drink choice. Do I have to do that for DH, too? Or will they just give him what I selected?

I tried to create a "my cruises" account with his C and A number--but, there were issues. Does not seem worth the trouble to resolve. DH never goes onto the RCL site to do the cruise documents. [but, RC always addresses all of their offers and correspondence to him.:rolleyes:]

Someone who does not have their preference set usually gets a bottle of water.

What about kids? Do they get a welcome gift? When they were in the cabin with me, there was just one drink. This time they are booked with non-emerald person, but they are emerald.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

What about kids? Do they get a welcome gift? When they were in the cabin with me, there was just one drink. This time they are booked with non-emerald person, but they are emerald.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Children do not get a beverage. If there isn't an emerald or above in the cabin they will not get the welcome basket (or beverage).

Guest maddycat

I could have written your post. My DH doesn't go to the RCI site. I do everything for our cruises........choose the cruise, book the cruise, check in online, etc. and RCI addresses everything to DH. Do you think that RCI might be a bit sexist? Or maybe they just haven't joined the rest of us in the 21st century.

For the free beverage I select whatever beverage my DH likes since I don't drink soda and we always carry on our own water.

Guest maddycat
Is the "welcome basket" now the new loyalty gift, instead of the tote bag that they used to give out several years ago? The tote bags were nice, but I have several of them already.

Yes. No tote bags, no baseball caps, no picture frames, etc. I never got a tote bag and was looking forward to getting one, but before I could get one the welcome basket became the C&A gift. It's funny because that was the only C&A gift that I really wanted.

DH never goes onto the RCL site to do the cruise documents. [but, RC always addresses all of their offers and correspondence to him.:rolleyes:]

Same here! He wouldn't know where to go to do it all, he always leaves it up to me lol. We all know how organized RCI is about such things anyway...I never get emails from them, and the sale info is always for UK resident offers, sailing out of Southhampton. I live in FL. :rolleyes: I'm happy with whatever we get, someone will enjoy it even if it's not me. :p

I could have written your post. My DH doesn't go to the RCI site. I do everything for our cruises........choose the cruise, book the cruise, check in online, etc. and RCI addresses everything to DH. Do you think that RCI might be a bit sexist? Or maybe they just haven't joined the rest of us in the 21st century.

It is nice to know that someone else out there thinks this is behind the times. :eek:

DH laughs when I tell him he has an email from Royal Caribbean. :rolleyes:

Is the "welcome basket" now the new loyalty gift, instead of the tote bag that they used to give out several years ago? The tote bags were nice, but I have several of them already.

Not really. The loyalty gift was for all levels of C&A, was different cruise to cruise (mostly), and was usually something useful to take home. The welcome aboard gift starts at Emerald and is the same snack every time with a beverage.

Confused:

So if I order a Coke under DH C&A number for our emerald status gift I would like to confirm that since we are two people both emerald status in the stateroom that it will be delivered with two cokes,

or, do I also have to go into my C&A number and do the same for me for them to deliver two cokes. Thanks for any input you can provide. :D

Confused:

So if I order a Coke under DH C&A number for our emerald status gift I would like to confirm that since we are two people both emerald status in the stateroom that it will be delivered with two cokes,

or, do I also have to go into my C&A number and do the same for me for them to deliver two cokes. Thanks for any input you can provide. :D

Each person's account should have own their drink preference set. An account without drink preference defaults to a bottle of water.

Thank you Bob, appreciate your input. :D

We haev just turned Emerald and was interested to see what will be on offer for our next cruise as part of this amenity. Gez, I think they could have stretched to a glass of wine if that a guest preference....:rolleyes:

Archived