Classic to Premium Drink Package Upgrade?

brd1121

Just booked Constellation with a free classic drink package.

Once onboard and after seeing drink prices, I assume I can pay the difference to upgrade to the Premium drink package? Can anyone confirm?

Yes, that is exactly what we did once we boarded our June 8th sailing on the Eclipse. I would guess it is the same on the Constellation as well.

Happy sailing!

Just booked Constellation with a free classic drink package.

Once onboard and after seeing drink prices, I assume I can pay the difference to upgrade to the Premium drink package? Can anyone confirm?

Yes you can. We did it a few times on the phone. But you can also arrange once on board. If you do it prior to going on board, it is embossed on your card, if purchased on board, you get a sticker that is affixed to your sea pass card. Well worth the upgrade. You can get drinks from the Martini Bar and if the ship has a molecular bar, you can also get drinks from that venue. IMO both of those bars make superior drinks! With the classic package, you cannot get the special drinks for free as they cost about $12 each. One person who had the classic package was of the impression that they could pay the difference between what the classic drink package costs, and the actual cost of the drink. You cannot and will be charged the entire cost of the drink. No credit is given. Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by Cruise a holic

Yes you can. We did it a few times on the phone. But you can also arrange once on board. If you do it prior to going on board, it is embossed on your card, if purchased on board, you get a sticker that is affixed to your sea pass card. Well worth the upgrade. You can get drinks from the Martini Bar and if the ship has a molecular bar, you can also get drinks from that venue. IMO both of those bars make superior drinks! With the classic package, you cannot get the special drinks for free as they cost about $12 each. One person who had the classic package was of the impression that they could pay the difference between what the classic drink package costs, and the actual cost of the drink. You cannot and will be charged the entire cost of the drink. No credit is given. Enjoy your cruise.

Cruise a holic is right that the Premium package is worth it. A note regarding the package being embossed vs stickered on the card: We upgraded our Classic package to Premium on the ship at Guest Relations as soon as we boarded. They immediately reprinted our sea pass showing we had purchased the Premium (alcohol) package - so no sticker for us. That might be the benefit to doing it there as opposed to getting the upgrade from a bartender who will likely have to put a sticker on the card, as h20cruzer recommended. But either way (printer or stickered sea pass) will get you the drinks!

Cruise a holic is right that the Premium package is worth it. A note regarding the package being embossed vs stickered on the card: We upgraded our Classic package to Premium on the ship at Guest Relations as soon as we boarded. They immediately reprinted our sea pass showing we had purchased the Premium (alcohol) package - so no sticker for us. That might be the benefit to doing it there as opposed to getting the upgrade from a bartender who will likely have to put a sticker on the card, as h20cruzer recommended. But either way (printer or stickered sea pass) will get you the drinks!

Great idea!!! :):)

Do they require all adult passengers in the stateroom to upgrade or will they allow just one?

If you do it beforehand, they will make both of you upgrade since that is the "official policy". But, if you wait till you board and only one of you wishes to upgrade, it's not a problem and the upgrade cost can be reduced by any OBC that you might have. If you do it beforehand, your credit card will be charged.

If you do it beforehand, they will make both of you upgrade since that is the "official policy". But, if you wait till you board and only one of you wishes to upgrade, it's not a problem and the upgrade cost can be reduced by any OBC that you might have. If you do it beforehand, your credit card will be charged.

It also depends on whether the package was obtained through the promotion or not.:D

Duplicate post ???? :D

Edited by MicCanberra

• 7 months later...
Roughly what does the upgrade from Classic to a Premium cost ?

We are leaving on Feb 8 on the Reflection.

We emailed and then talked to Celebrity last week. We both upgraded to the premium package for $11.50 per day. I wanted to try the fancy mixed drinks and my husband wanted to sample the better wines. Seemed like a good deal to us. Love the idea of "not having to think".

It used to be the same cost whether you upgraded now or onboard. However, effective (I believe) January 1st, Celebrity now charges an extra fee ~$5.00 /day for the upgrade if done onboard. We just confirmed this about 2 weeks ago and the TA advised us to do it now.

Not so.

Just got off the Reflection ( 1/25) Still rocking a little !! Will write a complete review later ( it was an awesome trip ). But I wanted to post an answer to this ...

The Upgrade is so worth the $161.50 - we drank that in the first day :D:eek: - - - Just remember to say that you want Grey Goose, Ketel One , Crown Royal etc. to ensure that you're getting the premiums !

The bartenders were more than happy to oblige, but they DO look at your cards before they pour ( and they pour heavy!) We found that Sunset Bar had the least options of premiums - and often ran out of beer choices. The Martini Bar and the other nice inside bar on 3 were always well stocked.

Because of the promos, the bars all over the ship are REALLY busy all the time, so a little patience is in order ! The bartenders worked harder than normal all week ! I definitely noticed a shortage of bar backs -- especially at the martini bar. The bartender had to run out back to get martini glasses almost every time he made drinks. They were not as entertaining as they've been on past trips, I only saw one of the special pours ( 8 martinis at once) These guys were truly overworked ! BUT they all make an amazing martini every time ! Thanks boys for a great week !

At dinner, be sure to order wines by the glass ( it doesn't matter if you finish 2 bottles of wine, just be sure to order by the glass). People that we were with had issues with them charging for bottles and had to go and have the bottle charges removed because they were on the premium package... We were also charged for beer a couple of different times even though we had the Premium package. Keep an eye on your account. Guest relations had no issues refunding the charges.

Fortunate for us, we got the Classic as part of the promo and only had to pay the upgrade-- We've already booked for next year because the promo is offered again now... 3 Reflection trips down and they just get better !

$10 a day pre-cruise $15 a day onboard. Check Celebrity's website. OurTA alerted us before our October cruise. Plus gratuity of course.

It is certainly $5 more per day to BUY the premium package on board - nothing new. Can you point me to where it tells you the upgrade charge is greater? Many posters have reported that there is no additional on board charge to upgrade.

Do they require all adult passengers in the stateroom to upgrade or will they allow just one?

We were able to upgrade just one of our free beverage packages to Premium prior to our upcoming cruise. My husband is a Coors Light drinker and I prefer Grey Goose vodka martinis, so we upgraded only my package. We probably will bring or buy a nice bottle(s) of wine for dinner. You get a small discount, either 20% or 30% off per bottle, when you have the pre-paid package. I know we can order wine by the glass at dinner, but a bottle might be more "efficient" as the sommeliers and bar servers get pretty busy when so many people have the free beverage packages.

It used to be the same cost whether you upgraded now or onboard. However, effective (I believe) January 1st, Celebrity now charges an extra fee ~$5.00 /day for the upgrade if done onboard. We just confirmed this about 2 weeks ago and the TA advised us to do it now.
This was confirmed by whom? One of the CSR's that give inconsistent answers to questions?

It is certainly $5 more per day to BUY the premium package on board - nothing new. Can you point me to where it tells you the upgrade charge is greater? Many posters have reported that there is no additional on board charge to upgrade.
Would also like to know where on the website this is quoted in black and white. It does state that it's 44 and 49 to buy the packages beforehand and 54 and 59 once you're on board. Either way, it's a 10.00 differential, so it would be 11.50 per day with the 15% gratuity to upgrade your package. That is what we experienced firsthand in October on the Summit when we upgraded our classic package from the 1-2-3 promo to the Premium. I will be having a discussion with the beverage manager if they try to charge me 15.00 per day, plus 15% for the upgrade on the Silhouette in March.