My Time Dining

I am currently booked for late seating on the Grandeur but was wondering if anyone has experience with My Time Dining for a solo cruiser. On NCL on occasion it was an issue

as they wanted to seat me by myself or it it better to stay with traditional seating

I am currently booked for late seating on the Grandeur but was wondering if anyone has experience with My Time Dining for a solo cruiser. On NCL on occasion it was an issue

as they wanted to seat me by myself or it it better to stay with traditional seating

In general, traditional seating will be more congenial for a single.

The problem with MTD, is others may not want you to join them...most MTDers like to eat alone. Stick with traditional at a large table1

They may not want "you" to join them for reasons that should be obvious to anyone who has read enough of your opinionated posts, but to say that "most MTDers like to eat alone" is yet another unfortunate generalization you tend towards. Some of us may have chosen MTD simply to avoid being placed at a large table in traditional dining with an obnoxious tablemate who knows exactly how everything should be done and isn't behind the door in sharing her "wisdom".

Are you speaking from personal experience? :rolleyes: Traditional dining is not for everyone.

The problem with MTD, is others may not want you to join them...most MTDers like to eat alone. Stick with traditional at a large table1

Like.

They may not want "you" to join them for reasons that should be obvious to anyone who has read enough of your opinionated posts, but to say that "most MTDers like to eat alone" is yet another unfortunate generalization you tend towards. Some of us may have chosen MTD simply to avoid being placed at a large table in traditional dining with an obnoxious tablemate who knows exactly how everything should be done and isn't behind the door in sharing her "wisdom".

MTD has a mix of mostly small and medium tables (2, 4, or 6 places), and a few larger tables (8-10 places), What we've seen is that the larger tables often end up being filled from the "walk-ins" line, so if you choose MTD just ask to be seated at a larger table, where you're more likely to meet new people each evening.

Once you booked MTD you can make a dinner reservation on the web site / "Mycruise"-account. We, for example, like to eat around 7 pm, so we make a reservation for 7 pm in advance. While this might seem like it is not the answer to your question, the thing is that while making this reservation you are asked if you prefer to sit alone or if you would like to share a table with others... so this might work for you.

I disagree with that reasoning. We've chosen MTD because 5:30 early dining is too early for us, and 8:00 or 8:30 is too late for every day. We like the flexibility with MTD, but it certainly has nothing to do with wanting to eat alone.

I also disagree with this. The ones that prefer dining alone will ask for a private table. Others will ask for a shared table. There'll always be room for a solo traveller.

Archived