What does your C&A level mean to you?

Mac303

We always book a balcony, so it means we get a discount. I have only ever used a few of the coupons (photo, drink). We don't use the lounge because we are usually traveling with someone that isn't Diamond and we don't leave them behind. We used the private dining room for breakfast only once and actually enjoyed the Main Dining room better. The basket has a couple of snacks we toss into our bag for the plane trip home. I like being about to use the priority disembarkation, but I suspect we could get off the ship equally early if we had an early plane to catch. I certainly don't feel entitled, just lucky to have been able to sail on Royal Caribbean's beautiful ships and create such wonderful memories.

It means I spend around $500 less than I would spend on each Royal Caribbean cruise I take if I didn't have it. Along with a few nice on-board perks I wouldn't get otherwise.

In turn it keeps me coming back more often than I would without it. Not to say RCCL wouldn't be my first choice, but I'd be willing to try other lines more often than I do now.

What Fred said!!!!!:D For us, maybe even $700 less per week!!!

"balcony" discount means "any stateroom with a balcony".

That certainly includes all suites now.

My favorite story about this:

Before there were any balconies on Sovereign class ships, RC experimented by putting a balcony on ONE sov cabin on Sovereign. Then they decided that just JS & up would get balconies.

But if you booked THAT ONE SOV cabin, which had the same fare as all SOV cabins, you could apply your balcony discount.

:)

Booking JS and a couple of B2Bs were how we got to D after only 7 cruises with Royal.

We felt really special on our first sailing as D on Explorer (but also a little embarrassed that we did nothing to deserve it, just had great times on their ships)! Love and appreciate all the perks that are given to us.

we won't/don't sail in anything under a JS so the balcony discount is useless to us. In other words I wouldn't notice if they were not around.

That's kind of sad to think that you book nothing but JS and above and never received any kind of balcony discount, presuming you were qualified for one. Heck, I'm pretty sure we got balcony discounts even when we were Emerald... just not as much as when you turn Diamond.

We too are not big users of the coupons, other than maybe the internet coupon -- but then again, it's simply because we forget to carry them around with us. Since I hear they are going to be tying them in to the SeaPass card, we might use them more. I did enjoy the heftier balcony discount D members get. Because of that, we were able to book a suite over a regular balcony for next year's cruise.

Honestly, I can't really say how the perks make me feel... a guess just a little more sparkly than when we were Emerald :D.

Ann

Love the perks and use a lot of them including priority boarding, nightly lounge, photos, love that balcony discount. I feel valued but not entitled and never flaunt it around the ship. And it does work for RCCL...if I have the choice between two cruise lines for same price I will use RCCL for sure for the perks.

It means I can justify(in my mind) cruising more often because I save money with the balcony discount, free internet time, free drinks and free picture.

It also means I get to meet some of the most well traveled cruisers in the D lounge or at the events and can benefit from their experiences.

they way I read it is Standard balcony staterooms only, and suites are not included..

If the cabin has a balcony (no matter if it's a standard balcony or the Royal Suite) you get a discount dependent on your C&A level plus # of Days

Platinum~Emerald~Diamond~Diamond Plus~Pinnacle Balcony Discounts as of Jan. 21, 2011

I feel valued by Royal Caribbean. It's a nice feeling to know that my loyalty to their brand has been not only appreciate, but rewarded.

The balcony discount is probably the best of the perks, though I will readily admit that my nightly cocktail in the Diamond lounge is a "cash" perk that saves me money as we mostly do longer cruises in Europe.

I never have felt that I'm any better than a first time cruiser or that my C&A status means any thing to anyone other than myself and RCI, but it is so nice to have that special recognition on the boarding line, etc.

Let's face it, we have paid a lot for our cruises over the years and the company we chose to cruise with recognizes that and rewards us for our loyalty.

How could anything be wrong with this?

My husband and I cant wait until we are Diamond + ... just a few more nights ....

What does it mean, its means that we are being thanked for be loyal to Royal. Today vacationers can spend their money in so many different ways or not vacation at all so it is up to the companies to keep us comping back if they want our monies. So my C&A status is a way of RCCL thanks us for spending the money we do with them.

Here Denise and Jay, thank you for spend your money on our line we are going to give you a free drink, a discount on a room, the rights to board when you want. I love the little perks, free drinks LOVE IT, discount LOVE IT :-)

My Grandson is 19 years old and is Diamond, on his own points. I keep telling him how lucky he is...not to be Diamond, but to have been taken on so many wonderful cruises and to have seen so many wonderful places compliments of a WONDERFUL Grandmother (lol).

It give me a goal , booking two a year now just to get out of the gold status .... Pretty expensive lapel pin , I'm sure once I'm emerald , I will race to the next level , sadly I'm 8 nights away from moving up sucks I have to take two more before I can enjoy the perks.....lapel pin

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Diamond balcony discount and a place to hide from my inlaws. :D

LOL:D

What kind of people are in the lounges?

Very nice people like DH and me:)

Seriously, I appreciate being Diamond (it took us a LOOOOOONG time to get here!) and enjoying the perks it affords us--the balcony discount, the evening cocktail hour, and on our X cruise, we were Elite and enjoyed all of THEIR perks! Thanks RCI!!! We love cruising with you!!

they way I read it is Standard balcony staterooms only, and suites are not included..

Another case I'm hearing of missing out of the balcony discount. Suites certainly are allowed.

I am surprise at the amount of people that do not take advantage of the balcony discount. Always book an interior or OV. When applying the Balcony discount sometimes it very few $ more and I have seen occasionally less

Another case I'm hearing of missing out of the balcony discount. Suites certainly are allowed.

spookwife may not have yet reached a tier level with C & A where it is offered, so may not be missing out on it. She indicated only that they always book suites - may not have the opportunity yet for a balcony discount.

That being said, however, she was incorrect in her belief that the discount only applies to "standard" balconies - it definitely applies to all balconies, suites included.

Archived