Must do's on Summit

mcbutter

Probably going to take the Celebrity Summit in May or June to Bermuda for our honeymoon. Please tell me your must do's, or favorite things to do, while on board. Also, what to avoid.

Thank you and have a great day!

The Summit to Bermuda was my honeymoon as well in 2011 and then again for our first anniversary/babymoon in 2012. The answer is do everything and there is nothing to avoid. The Summit is not an action packed ship (no rockwalls or surf simulators) but it is gorgeous and relaxing. You can easily experience the entire ship on the one week cruise. Have fun.

It's a wonderful ship. Do order room service and enjoy a meal on your balcony. Spend some time in the thalassotherapy pool. Stop by the Cafe al bacio and try some of the treats there for free. Enjoy!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hi, I just returned home from Summit on Sunday:)......try a Fresca

Martini In the Martini Bar:D.......it is one of my new favorites. Has watermelon juice in it and it is soooo delicious:D

Try the burgers at the grill. We've had both beef and turkey burgers there, and they are some of the best burgers we've had on any cruise ship.

We also love to go for a hot tub around the time that most other people are going to get ready for dinner, around 6 pm. We typically have the solarium to ourselves, and still have lots of time to get ready for our late seating for dinner.

Enjoy your honeymoon!!

Thank you for the information so far. The T-pool sounds interesting, what is it, and is there a fee? We will try Cafe al Bacio. The Fresca Martini is a must!

What and where is Bistro on 5? As far as flirting with women ..... I think I'll let her take care of that.;) Thanks again and keep em coming.

It's a wonderful ship. Do order room service and enjoy a meal on your balcony. Spend some time in the thalassotherapy pool. Stop by the Cafe al bacio and try some of the treats there for free. Enjoy!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I wish I were in that pool now!!!

When you embark, head up to the Aqua Spa Café for lunch. Grab a table on the Port side, and you will have some great views of Manhattan and the Statue of Liberty. Avoid the crowds at the buffet, plus you can get grilled salmon, tuna, or chicken with your lunch.

Thank you for the information so far. The T-pool sounds interesting, what is it, and is there a fee? We will try Cafe al Bacio. The Fresca Martini is a must!

What and where is Bistro on 5? As far as flirting with women ..... I think I'll let her take care of that.;) Thanks again and keep em coming.

The Bistro on 5 is on deck 5, portside. They serve crepes, salads,

panninis, etc.....it is 5.00 per person.

No charge for the T Pool.

Also don't miss Bistro On 5 for breakfast, lunch, a light dinner or even a snack.

Is there a charge for Bistro On 5? I looked on the website and it looked like maybe a $5 per person charge???? Never mind, I see the post above where it is $5 per person.

So the only places you can eat from free are the buffet, the Spa Cafe and the Pool Grill? Is that right?

Is there a charge for Bistro On 5? I looked on the website and it looked like maybe a $5 per person charge???? Never mind, I see the post above where it is $5 per person.

So the only places you can eat from free are the buffet, the Spa Cafe and the Pool Grill? Is that right?

And the Main Dining room:)

Yes, the main dining room everyday for breakfast and dinner, and for lunch on sea days (closed for lunch when in port). On the last sea day, they will be closed for breakfast and have a brunch that begins around 10:00am.

Is the Thalassotherapy pool part of the Solarium pool? Somehow I missed it last time we were on Summit, and I don't want to make that mistake again.:)

Hi, The T pool IS the Solarium.....;) the whole area....there are hot

tubs both port side and starboard....the T pool is in the center.

Absolutely loved the T pool....Qzine....the Martini Bar (happy hour in the afternoon and again after 11pm!!) and the ice cream!!! We enjoyed the galley tour, but get there early if you go since they take groups of about twenty at a time. Dancing with the Stripes was VERY funny and the illusionist (forgot his name) was terrific!

Absolutely loved the T pool....Qzine....the Martini Bar (happy hour in the afternoon and again after 11pm!!) and the ice cream!!! We enjoyed the galley tour, but get there early if you go since they take groups of about twenty at a time. Dancing with the Stripes was VERY funny and the illusionist (forgot his name) was terrific!

The Illusionist is Jason Bishop:D.....I am glad his little pup came back

out during the last show:)...did you see him? He was sooo cute.

Gonzo!

• 3 weeks later...
The Illusionist is Jason Bishop:D.....I am glad his little pup came back

out during the last show:)...did you see him? He was sooo cute.

Gonzo!

We're just off the Summit. Jason was "under the weather" during our cruise. Steve the CD said that Jason almost had to be hospitalized in Bermuda because the meds they had given him onboard weren't effective, and he eventually needed to be placed on IV medication. Steve then reported that Jason was on the road to recovery, but not up to performing on our sailing, so another performer was flown in at the last moment (literally, he boarded the ship less than 1/2 hour before we left Bermuda) to substitute.

Archived