Random thoughts from the O penthouse

cruz chic

Forgot to ask..... Did the ship really not get to Tracy Arms until 3 PM? With the lessening of daylight hours perhaps the captain would try to get there early so there would be more daylight viewing time.
I was hoping with only sea days prior to Tracy Arms that that would be an option!

Thanks again for responding, very thoughtful of you !

[quote name='RAJKR74'][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]Lorene,[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]Glad you are having a good cruise and sounds like getting around with your repaired knee seems to be going good. You sound relaxed and enjoying the cruise. Just got on and saw this thread (late) and like someone else said the week is probably going by very fast. Enjoy the rest of the cruise.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]Rick & joyce[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Yup, a few drinks and the knee is good ;. I'm surprised how it handles the stairs. Bank to transit next week so that good. I'm anxious to see my bus friends after 2 plus months.

[quote name='puli']Forgot to ask..... Did the ship really not get to Tracy Arms until 3 PM? With the lessening of daylight hours perhaps the captain would try to get there early so there would be more daylight viewing time.
I was hoping with only sea days prior to Tracy Arms that that would be an option!

Thanks again for responding, very thoughtful of you ![/QUOTE]

I think we got there early. I want to say around 2 to 2:30. It's was very rough along the way with mint people sea sick. I've been thru 30 foot waves so this is nothing. No worries about the ? I'm trying to bun up my Internet. Funny thing I have to sit by the front oor because the access sucks in my suite.

I'm going to end the night with my fav cruise memory. it was on the Noordam in feb. we were cruising very slowly from one port to the next in the Caribbean. This is the cruise where my luggage was lost. My luggage had been found and we went from one port to the next ever so slow. It was beautiful. I had a cosmo and we were outside. It was beautiful. It just doesn't get better then that. Goodnight everyone

[quote name='lorekauf']I think we got there early. I want to say around 2 to 2:30. It's was very rough along the way with mint people sea sick. I've been thru 30 foot waves so this is nothing. No worries about the ? I'm trying to bun up my Internet. Funny thing I have to sit by the front oor because the access sucks in my suite.[/QUOTE]

That is funny! With so much space one would think the access would be better. Must go with all the gold fixtures!

[quote name='frankc98376']Got an email from Sebastiaan- no longer on O- sounds like he is heading to X[/quote]

Thanks for your reply.
Sorry to hear he is leaving HAL, a great loss for HAL, X is gaining a great member of staff.

[QUOTE]2 years ago cow princess suggested I do the Tracy Rm catamaran. I think she was worried because I'm a hard marker. I was blown away with that trip. Again, she advised me well. I took a whale watching tour today. It was amazing. [/QUOTE]

Thanks for the kind words lorekauf :) I am SO glad you enjoyed the whale watch -- it really is something special! Maybe I will convert you to being a fan of Alaska someday :)

[QUOTE]I filled out one of those pre comment cards about the wine service. I don't want to get people in trouble but what an uproar. The cellar master came to my table to apologize tonight.[/QUOTE]

I guess when they do stuff like that it proves they read the comment cards.... ;)

What a beautiful sight to wake up to today. We are in Sitka. It was a late night for me last night. I was burning some of my Internet up and then I decided to check out the piano bar. I've never been to one because I'm usually getting comfortable for the night by the time it opens. I thought the guy was pretty good. True to form I was awake fairly earlyso I'm tired today.

I bought a couple of cheapie cold/hot packs that I nuke and fall asleep with like I do at home for my knees. Somehow I lost one when I drifted off last night. I pulled the covers away looking for it but I couldn't find it. I think my room stewards think I'm nuts because they found it somewhere in the bed. There are a million pillows on the bed so I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up in one of them;).

So I got into Sitka and took the hop on hop off bus. I never did hop off. Laziness got the best of me. When we got back to the pier there must have been 40 peeps waiting for it. I timed that right. After that I bought a pretty labradorite pendant from a local artist. The price was reasonable and she was so excited that I bought it. She was doing a booming business too and I love to support people like that.

The VIP party is tonight so I'm eating early to go to it. There is a Farewell suite cocktail party on Friday. I don't think I'll go. It's too early to be drinking then pack. I would have enjoyed an Indonesian lunch more.

It was very warm and sunny this morning but I am sitting outside and as I write part of this and there is a bit of a chill.

I'm not much of a writer so I hope I'm not boring everyone.

Lorene - you are doing a great job on your posts.

Fun to hear about and to hear about your experiences.

I always appreciate you taking the time to use time and money to do this.

Give the vip party a shot if you are so inclined. You might be surprised.

If not, you can just leave;)

Wow! I can't believe your cruise is nearly over - heavens you are talking about packing!

It sounds like you have had a pretty good time.

I am so happy for you and thanks for taking the time to share with us.

[quote name='lorekauf']What a beautiful sight to wake up to today. We are in Sitka. It was a late night for me last night. I was burning some of my Internet up and then I decided to check out the piano bar. I've never been to one because I'm usually getting comfortable for the night by the time it opens. I thought the guy was pretty good. True to form I was awake fairly earlyso I'm tired today.

I bought a couple of cheapie cold/hot packs that I nuke and fall asleep with like I do at home for my knees. Somehow I lost one when I drifted off last night. I pulled the covers away looking for it but I couldn't find it. I think my room stewards think I'm nuts because they found it somewhere in the bed. There are a million pillows on the bed so I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up in one of them;).

So I got into Sitka and took the hop on hop off bus. I never did hop off. Laziness got the best of me. When we got back to the pier there must have been 40 peeps waiting for it. I timed that right. After that I bought a pretty labradorite pendant from a local artist. The price was reasonable and she was so excited that I bought it. She was doing a booming business too and I love to support people like that.

The VIP party is tonight so I'm eating early to go to it. There is a Farewell suite cocktail party on Friday. I don't think I'll go. It's too early to be drinking then pack. I would have enjoyed an Indonesian lunch more.

It was very warm and sunny this morning but I am sitting outside and as I write part of this and there is a bit of a chill.

I'm not much of a writer so I hope I'm not boring everyone.[/quote]

Loving your random thoughts - not boring at all! But your week is going by so fast. Next week I'm heading out on the Zuiderdam, my first Neptune suite and I am so excited about that, can't even begin to imagine a PH:)

[quote name='startwin']Loving your random thoughts - not boring at all! But your week is going by so fast. Next week I'm heading out on the Zuiderdam, my first Neptune suite and I am so excited about that, can't even begin to imagine a PH:)[/QUOTE]

Have a wonderful time. I hope you'll let us know what you think. I'm going to remember this for a really long time.

It has been fun reading your posts from the PH. I'm not sure we will ever be in a penthouse suite, but it sounds like you enjoy your cruises no matter what category of cabin you have. I hope you enjoy the rest of your cruise and thank you for posting while onboard. Cherie

Went to the VIP party tonight. Sat with some interesting people. One gentleman used to be the VP for Princess. I really enjoy these parties when I go. Anyway, he introduced me to a lady, I think her name is Marilyn. I have a good memory but it's short ;). He told me she worked for Hal for 34 years but is now retired. I kept looking at her because she was so familiar. So I asked him if she was the former head of the mariners society and yes she was. He told her that she had been found out. She was so impressed that I remembered her as she said its been about 5 years, I remember talking to her on the phone one time and thought she was such a nice person. It was an enjoyable party.

I'm going to make it an early night tonight. I had a few too many glasses of wine last night and I've been paying for it all day. I'm too old for this. It didn't keep me from having some hair of the dog. Anything Hal is paying I'm having ;)

[quote name='startwin']Loving your random thoughts - not boring at all! But your week is going by so fast. Next week I'm heading out on the Zuiderdam, my first Neptune suite and I am so excited about that, can't even begin to imagine a PH:)[/QUOTE]

Penthouse, Neptune Suite---------All my friends are living the high life while I sit home and read about it. It will be a long time until next April.
Seriously, I am very happy for both of you and hope to hear reports of your experience in your Neptune suite. :D

[quote name='magandab']It wasn't WHAT they did it was HOW they did it. They were friendly, engaging. Went out of their way to greet us and make us feel welcome. And this was just a year before, so just as overworked at last year. One thing I didn't like last year was that they would knock and announce "Housekeeping" as they were opening the door.[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]It has been a long time since we had bad cabin stewards on HAL.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]Lorene[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]Don't you have one of these cones (for Internet) inside your Penthouse? We have had them in the dining room area.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5][URL="http://www.cruise-addicts.com/photopost/data/751/2012_Amsterdam_ship_pictures_131.JPG"][IMG]http://www.cruise-addicts.com/photopost/data/751/medium/2012_Amsterdam_ship_pictures_131.JPG[/IMG][/URL][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Krazy Kruizers'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]It has been a long time since we had bad cabin stewards on HAL.[/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

Again, they weren't bad, they were just ... there. I guess part of it was that I had heard about the step up in service one gets with a suite, and didn't see it. I figured the suite stewards were the top of the heap. On one of our cruises, can't remember which ship but either the O-Dam or the W-Dam, we were in an SY very close to the suites, so our stewards were also suite stewards. They were the best ever! Just unmet expectations this last time. So, this time I won't expect as much and maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

[quote name='erewhon']Thanks for your reply.
Sorry to hear he is leaving HAL, a great loss for HAL, X is gaining a great member of staff.[/QUOTE]

Sebastiaan will be in the Specialty Restaurants aboard Eclipse. He is a gem- makes every passenger he comes in contact with feel like they are the only one on the ship.

[quote name='sapper1']Penthouse, Neptune Suite---------All my friends are living the high life while I sit home and read about it. It will be a long time until next April.
Seriously, I am very happy for both of you and hope to hear reports of your experience in your Neptune suite. :D[/QUOTE]

This is payback for all my cruises in inside rooms:D.

Archived