End of Cruise Evaluation

iflyrc5

Looks like the End of Cruise Evaluations are going electronic and we will do them when we get home. The quote below is from Captain Albert's blog that came out today.

Now the company is going electronic. No more COB’s in the cabins. When the guest arrives home from the cruise, there will be an email with a link in it, inviting the guest to complete the COB on line. For us it will mean that it will take longer before we get the compiled results to review. For the guests it is a lot easier as it does not have to be done on board during the final day, when everybody is very busy anyway. And of course it will save a lot of paper well.

He also wrote of the goal to "reduce paper consumption ... I would not be amazed if we will see Electronic Tablets appearing in the dining room instead of the paper menus. Instead of your dining room waiter taking your order, he/she will now be there to advise you and to serve; You tap in your choice yourself. It might take a few years but will appear on the cruise ships eventually."

I suggested letting us see our onboard accounts on our stateroom TVs - ditto with pics the ship's photographers take.

Thank you for the information.

Since we don't get e-mails from HAL -- I won't count on getting one.

Plus my DH refuses to use a computer -- so if he should get one -- he will not fill it out.

That's the way Princess does it now too. Actually like it better this way.

DH would never respond so I just fill out his as well as mine. No Problem! :)

I'll do the same on our next HAL cruise.

LuLu

~~~~

We were on the Westerdam a few weeks ago and within hours of leaving the ship we had received the email with the survey. I filled mine out the next day, DH didn't and he received another email reminding him to complete it.

Thank you for the information.

Since we don't get e-mails from HAL -- I won't count on getting one.

Plus my DH refuses to use a computer -- so if he should get one -- he will not fill it out.

That's the way Princess does it now too. Actually like it better this way.

~~~~

Carnival does it that way too. (And as pointed out above) since I opted out of Carnival emails I didn't get one on my last Carnival cruise.

On one cruise (Forgot what line), I went to the debarkation talk and they spent a LOOng time telling us to give all the crew top marks!!:p:eek:

I figured they didn't want a true evaluation, so I threw mine away.:rolleyes:

Now that is one change that I am in favour of. I hate taking time out of our busy last day to do our forms. There is no time to really do them justice, so filling them in online at a later date would be so much better.

On one cruise (Forgot what line), I went to the debarkation talk and they spent a LOOng time telling us to give all the crew top marks!!:p:eek:

I figured they didn't want a true evaluation, so I threw mine away.:rolleyes:

Yes, that's what HAL does. On my last survey I wrote, "Because you don't want my honest opinion, I'm not going to waste my vacation time filling this out." Then I turned it in.

This is great news! I've always been appalled at the extreme amounts of paper used on cruises for menus, surveys, and those *&^% pictures.

In order to prevent photos being printed up that we'd likely never buy, we just avoid ALL of the photographers--we run, sidestep, wave, and hide under hoods & jackets. I've said that if they'd just let us choose a pic, or 2, from an array on our TV, I'd probably buy a few. But to use all of those chemicals and all of that paper--what a horrid waste.

I love the idea of tablet menus in the dining room, too.

Great news as far as I'm concerned. Now if only HAL would use inter-active TV so that you can check your onboard account, instead of getting a print-out every few days:( They must be one of the few cruise lines which doesn't have that ability.

I returned from a cruise on the Volendam 2 weeks ago and the survey came to my e-mail on the morning we disembarked. I completed it the next day at home. So much easier and did not take precious time away from the last day at sea! I also did not miss having the disembarkation talk---although I must admit the one thing I did like about that was the large group of crew on stage singing "Love in any language".

I might fill them out by email. I do not waste my cruise time filling out surveys. I turn them in blank or with just a few ratings or comments. I think my room stewards have filled out mine a couple of times.

Now that is one change that I am in favour of. I hate taking time out of our busy last day to do our forms. There is no time to really do them justice, so filling them in online at a later date would be so much better.

I feel the same way, Bobbi. We've belonged to an innkeeping trade association for years...and they went paperless a few years ago. A few days after the conference, we get our evaluations to complete.

I also filled out the electronic one (email) after a recent cruise on the Westerdam. I noticed it was sent to me around midnight on the last night on board.

The questions are not the same as on the paper form and there are more boxes to fill in your opinions. There is a question asking if you would like to name any individuals to be commended for good work. I wished I'd made more effort to remember or write down names.

I like the online surveys. So will have no problem with that. However, if they want to save paper, how about eliminating all the fliers for spa treatments, art auctions, etc. Ours go immediately into the recylcing trash.

Mine too. I do rip them in half so they can't be used again. Even during code orange you get this crap.

Great! This is a change that has been way too long coming. I always fill the thing out, but hate wasting my time onboard doing it. This gives me a chance to reflect on the cruise and give them honest information without feeling pressured to mark everything perfect.

I will enjoy the new on-line survey and I believe it will give headquarters a better feel with what's going on fleet wide.

It should also ensure integrity that your thought/opinions do not get trashed if some one in the review process is in self preservation mode.

Archived