Hooray ! Price Match Fairy !!!

Hooray !

Paid $529 per person for a one week Mediterranean cruise on Navigator of the Seas in November.

Saw yesterday that it has now gone down to $399 2 days before final payment date. Just heard back from our TA that it has been price matched for us ! Whoop

$260 saving :)

Hooray !

Paid $529 per person for a one week Mediterranean cruise on Navigator of the Seas in November.

Saw yesterday that it has now gone down to $399 2 days before final payment date. Just heard back from our TA that it has been price matched for us ! Whoop

$260 saving :)

Did you book with a UK TA?

No, with a US travel agent, hence being able to get a price match :-)

I would just like to point out that we got a big price drop on Navigator in July and a cabin upgrade for only £60 on Legend in May - both booked with a UK agent :D

Good to hear about your price drop though - some great deals to be had on Navigator.

Bob - it's not that the rules are different, it's just that some UK TA's are not prepared to give price drops - our is!!

I would just like to point out that we got a big price drop on Navigator in July and a cabin upgrade for only £60 on Legend in May - both booked with a UK agent :D

Good to hear about your price drop though - some great deals to be had on Navigator.

Bob - it's not that the rules are different, it's just that some UK TA's are not prepared to give price drops - our is!!

I wonder if your TA went through RCI in the US and was able to get them that way because Going through RCI UK they will not allow price matches.

I wonder if your TA went through RCI in the US and was able to get them that way because Going through RCI UK they will not allow price matches.

No, he goes through the UK - and price drops are available through RCI UK anyway.

Interesting. This is just the opposite as to what is normally posted on theses boards. Just curious but are you referring to their 48 hour price match policy?

Actually I remember there was a thread about this some time ago to which I contributed and have searched for it - here it is http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1830399

I am referring to a cruise which goes down in price - which I believe is what the OP refers to. I monitor the prices of any cruises I'm booked on and contact my TA if the price goes down and get the price drop applied. I use one of the biggest online cruise TA's in the UK (obviously can't mention the name here).

I think the problem is twofold: one is that (as is very well known on these boards :rolleyes:) sometimes you get a different answer from RC depending on who you speak to and the other is that some UK TA's will not pass on price drops.

If the lower price is for a new booking or part of a special promotion then we don't get the lower price (which I think is the same in the US anyway) - but if the lower price is just a drop in the cruise price we have always been able to have it applied.

Actually I remember there was a thread about this some time ago to which I contributed and have searched for it - here it is http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1830399

I am referring to a cruise which goes down in price - which I believe is what the OP refers to. I monitor the prices of any cruises I'm booked on and contact my TA if the price goes down and get the price drop applied. I use one of the biggest online cruise TA's in the UK (obviously can't mention the name here).

I think the problem is twofold: one is that (as is very well known on these boards :rolleyes:) sometimes you get a different answer from RC depending on who you speak to and the other is that some UK TA's will not pass on price drops.

If the lower price is for a new booking or part of a special promotion then we don't get the lower price (which I think is the same in the US anyway) - but if the lower price is just a drop in the cruise price we have always been able to have it applied.

Thanks for the info

I also never understand when people post on here that RCI UK do not give price drops. We always book direct and have had price drops a few times, I also monitor prices when my parents book and have gotten them drops a couple of times too.

We are on Navigator in 3 weeks, we booked back in January and prices have only gone up this time for us, I think we choose the wrong week:)

Julie

I always book direct and I have always had any price drops honoured (when they are valid for existing bookings) in the UK.

Thank you all those UK people who have backed me up :D

Sorry ticktoneer - really don't want to take away from your great news - and really glad for you - but there is a lot of misinformation on these boards in the UK about price drops and it's a shame if others miss out when they're being told the wrong information by RC or by TA's.

Nevertheless - great price drop for you and I have to say that I hope you have a wonderful cruise and Navigator last month was one of the best managed ships we've sailed on, so I'm sure you will :D

It is not misinformation that you cannot get price drops in the UK...it is the fact that RCCL UK keep changing their rules.

I saw the T&Cs when they stopped giving price drops...then there were so many complaints that the agents had to pass on the enquiries for price drops to Supervisors/Managers for them to look at the bookings and decide if price drop would be given.

I have read many many posts by UK members who were not given price drops..even though their friends in the US were given them.

Archived