To my friends on the CC HAL board

tomc

Tom,

Thank you for posting and letting us know your whereabouts. I got hours of amusement (and some good information) from your posts. Best wishes as you begin the next chapter of your life.

Roz

Thanks for all the good wishes, folks; much appreciated as I make this big change in my life. I tried out the place for a week in June and was very impressed. It's a facility I'm familiar with from my days when I was a classical jock at a station in Indiana and volunteered there cutting hair (a talent, not a job).

I called HAL this morning and asked if they had any cruises that left from Indiana and they said, "Are you [expletive] kidding? We've never found a cornfield with a pier. You have a river there; rent a canoe and, no, the days don't count toward your next medal."

My last radio show, after 55 years, is Monday. Many marriages haven't lasted that long.

God bless you Tom, I sure hope your new digs have wifi, so we don't lose you and your marvelous wit totally!! Please come back and keep us updated.

We promise to work on HAL and persuade them to find a pier in Indiana, you know they value our CC imput very much!! ;)

Congrats on your 55 years on the air, that is amazing truly! :D

While I'm happy you've found a great home, Tom, I'm devastated for the CC community's loss. Your words of humor and wisdom are a true oasis on some threads. Thank you for all you have done, and please don't let this truly be goodbye.

Tom, I will certainly miss you - it's been a pleasure reading your posts on CC all these years. I always hoped one day we would cross paths on a Dam ship, but I guess that won't be happening. Bless you, and enjoy your wonderful cruising memories.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Gerry

I've always enjoyed your wit & humor - thank you for all your contributions.

Once you've settled in, perhaps an occasional comment on your new ss/Assisted Living-dam? Let everyone know how you like that canoe in the river in the middle of the cornfield? :)

Thanks for all the good wishes, folks; much appreciated as I make this big change in my life. I tried out the place for a week in June and was very impressed. It's a facility I'm familiar with from my days when I was a classical jock at a station in Indiana and volunteered there cutting hair (a talent, not a job).

I called HAL this morning and asked if they had any cruises that left from Indiana and they said, "Are you [expletive] kidding? We've never found a cornfield with a pier. You have a river there; rent a canoe and, no, the days don't count toward your next medal."

My last radio show, after 55 years, is Monday. Many marriages haven't lasted that long.

Tom, glad you have had a "taste" of your newest adventure and liked it! I bet you will meet some interesting people there... Wish i could hear your show!

Thamks for all of your humor!

Tom,

Although I have never read even one post or have met you before , you seem very loved by the cc community. And therefore I'm going to wish you calm seas ahead of you. Thanks for keeping our cc community alive.

Thank you CC family :)

taneous@hotmail.com

Thebes, you'll be in for quite a treat if you use the search box for Tom's postings...they are always great fun, and you'll surely see why we love TomC.

what a moment for you Tom - would you mind to share the station and the time - I and I am sure other cc'ers would love to listen in

Congratulations on a wonderful achievement.

Tom; it's mainly because of you that I became hooked on CC. After reading one of your posts I wanted more. Perhaps you can now find the time to publish a book of all your travels. I'd be the first to buy it,

Our prayers are with you as you start this new adventure. best of luck.

Helen

Tom, wishing you the very best but as others have expressed you do not need to be a stranger. You have contributed so much to the HAL board over the years and many like myself have laughed and enjoyed your "Live Froms" and your wit and wisdom.

Tomc, I have so enjoyed your strange and wonderful sense of humor. It was like receiving an unexpected gift when your posts appeared on CC. Hopefully, you'll still drop in here from time to time.

A word about those corn fields from one who has lived among them here in Ohio. When the viewing angle is just right and the wind is just right, those cornfields ripple and billow just like ocean waves, and the leaves make the sound of the ship cutting through gentle seas. Close your eyes and you'll be there.

Tomc,

I have always enjoyed the humour of your posts, Thank you. You really will be missed from CC.

Take care, maybe you will let us know when you are safely settled into your new home.

Sending you very best wishes from "Down-Under".

Dear Tom, You will be truly missed! Your "Live from's" were filled with interesting thoughts & lots of fun & laughter.

Perhaps you might still be able to come to CC & let us know how you are doing..We have good Friends who are in assisted living & they are still able to be on-line..Please don't give up on us, we need you to lighten up this board & bring some common sense to it..

May you have fair winds & following seas in your new life in your new digs.

Sincerely, Betty

Archived