To my friends on the CC HAL board

tomc

Due to increasing cognitive difficulties and its associated deterioration, I am moving to an assisted care facility in a few weeks. You have been a most enjoyable group of people to hang out with and I will miss you and the Signature of Excellence I have enjoyed for the past twenty years.

May your seas be calm, the Baked Alaska calorie-free and, as I always do, bring along a rubber cockroach to surprise your cabin steward.

Take care,

Tom Carten

I, too, will miss your wonderful reports here on Cruise Critic...it was something to look forward to in June for many of us. Thank you for coming here to tell us your plans...and may you find much joy and good care in your new home.

I'll miss your postings, Tom. Many years ago, you were my very first "Bon Voyage Sub", and your limericks there tickled everyone. Assisted Living can actually be a lot of fun - I've met some amazing people at those places - and I suspect it won't be long till you have everyone in stitches. Best wishes to you, Tom, on this new adventure. I hope you're able to post from time to time. I care. :)

All Best Wishes to you, Tom. I will miss your humor and your most enjoyable live reports. You usually sailed Maasdam just a few weeks before we did each summer and it was a pleasure learning from you in advance of our boarding that all was well aboard.

If you find the way, please drop in here on an occassion with a quick hello.

You're a valued member of this community.

A big cyber group hug to you.

Due to increasing cognitive difficulties and its associated deterioration, I am moving to an assisted care facility in a few weeks. You have been a most enjoyable group of people to hang out with and I will miss you and the Signature of Excellence I have enjoyed for the past twenty years.

May your seas be calm, the Baked Alaska calorie-free and, as I always do, bring along a rubber cockroach to surprise your cabin steward.

Take care,

Tom Carten

Tom, I am almost speechless. But can understand and wish you well. Hopefully we will hear from you once in a while, I can hope right?

God Bless and keep you safe. You are in my prayers.

Joanie

You are one of the first people I became acquainted with when I joined CC. I couldn't help but notice how you would step in and lighten the mood when things got contentious, and I admired how you did that.

As far as I know, you were the first one to do a "Live from ..." thread on this board. Look what you started!

I feel so fortunate that I was able to meet you on the Rotterdam, and blessed that we became friends.

Best wishes in your new adventures, spreading humor throughout the land in your unique fashion.

Archived