Honey Stung Chicken and Roast Beef Sandwiches

bross2410

Greetings CC:

In all the reading I've been doing here, I have uncovered two certainties:

1. I want to eat Honey Stung Chicken.

2. I want to eat Park Cafe Roast Beef Sandwiches.

I do however need some help in how to accomplish these lofty goals. Do I understand correctly that Honey Stung Chicken is only available on Embarkation Day and only at the WJ?

How about the Roast Beef Sandwiches? Only on Embarkation Day?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Cruise On!

Greetings CC:

I do however need some help in how to accomplish these lofty goals. Do I understand correctly that Honey Stung Chicken is only available on Embarkation Day and only at the WJ?

Cruise On!

You can get the chicken via room service

Yes, Honey Stung Chicken in Windjammer buffet for lunch only on embarkation day, or any other time through room service. I've only had it in the Windjammer - sometimes it was just okay, other times crispy, moist and delicious!

Roast Beef Sandwich is available at all times, lunch and later, in the Park Cafe. At least on the two ships that I've been on with a Park Cafe. I think the sandwich is good, but I'd rather have it with the fat trimmed off of the meat. It looks like a brisket, with that layer of fat on the top that they carve for you as you order.

Honey Stung Chicken was available on embarkation day on the Allure, and it was very good.

The "Kummelweck" roast beef sandwich is available every day at Park Cafe. However, I found it mediocre. I was so excited after reading so much here about it, but it turns out it's simply a very plain and bland roast beef sandwich. Nothing to get too excited about.

If you miss the honey-stung in the windjammer on day 1 lunch, its available on room service, it was put on when the dropped the chicken drummettes.

I think you get 2 pieces of boneless chicken, sweet potato fries on the side, and dipping sauce, very good!

If you are a beef lover and like a touch of rare, you'll love Park Café sandwiches. Ask for a 2nd slice of beef, double good!

The "Kummelweck" roast beef sandwich is available every day at Park Cafe. However, I found it mediocre. I was so excited after reading so much here about it, but it turns out it's simply a very plain and bland roast beef sandwich. Nothing to get too excited about.

I agree that the roast beef sandwich is plain, but did have a good flavor. If you are at all a fan of horseradish, they do have a horseradish sauce and some mustards that they will put on for you.

Park cafe is open on embarkation day although I found the cruise line sending everyone to the windjammer. When I asked why, he said he was told to by management. Wish I had known as it was not nearly as chaotic. I loved the sandwiches...

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

If you miss the honey-stung in the windjammer on day 1 lunch, its available on room service, it was put on when the dropped the chicken drummettes.

I think you get 2 pieces of boneless chicken, sweet potato fries on the side, and dipping sauce, very good!

Yes! When you order the chicken through room service, you get two huge pieces. My husband and I each ordered the chicken the first time, not knowing that the portions were so large. We split an order after that.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Honey strung chicken is the first day in WJ, but IMO a very blah and dry piece of chicken

Hubby on the other hand thinks the roast beef sandwich from Park Cafe is the best thing he has every eaten

So everyone has their likes/dislikes on both, so try them and make your own opinion of them!

I love the chicken frajitas on the ship. That chicken mix they make is fantastic, I eat that any time I can find it in the WJ.

Park cafe is open on embarkation day although I found the cruise line sending everyone to the windjammer. When I asked why, he said he was told to by management. Wish I had known as it was not nearly as chaotic. I loved the sandwiches...

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

On embarkation you're always directed to the Windjammer but there's nothing stopping anyone from going to the Park Café. On the Brilliance the Park Café is located on the Lido deck which is the same deck as the Windjammer. Once off the elevators by the windjammer just walk through the open pool deck to the solarium and it's just a straight walk opposite of the Windjammer.

I agree that the roast beef sandwich is plain, but did have a good flavor. If you are at all a fan of horseradish, they do have a horseradish sauce and some mustards that they will put on for you.

People rave about it all the time. They'd have to throw that sucker back in the oven, and knock the pink out of it for me to eat it. Not a fan of the rare stuff...

I have eaten the Honeystung chicken in the Windjammer for years and years. There have been a few times when it was dry but it usually is very good.

The roast beef sandwich in the Park Cafe is tender, juicy, and very tasty. I have only had them on Oasis and Allure but each cruise I visited more than once. If you are such a big fan of the HSC for sure go to the Windjammer on the first day.

Greetings CC:

Cruise On!

1: the chicken is also available on the RS menu( and many have reported it is more to the original version that what is now currently served in the WJ)

for my money, it is not worth it from either place.

2: available daily at the Park Cafe. and worth the wait in line.

Yes, Honey Stung Chicken in Windjammer buffet for lunch only on embarkation day, or any other time through room service. I've only had it in the Windjammer - sometimes it was just okay, other times crispy, moist and delicious!

Roast Beef Sandwich is available at all times, lunch and later, in the Park Cafe. At least on the two ships that I've been on with a Park Cafe. I think the sandwich is good, but I'd rather have it with the fat trimmed off of the meat. It looks like a brisket, with that layer of fat on the top that they carve for you as you order.

I trimmed the fat off and put the beef in a salad. I can't believe that it wasn't trimmed. Even at honky tonk roadside BBQ stands, the fat is trimmed off the brisket. I thought the salad in the Park Cafe was much better.

I wish RCI would do away with the HSC that is boneless. It is dry and sometimes very overcooked. I'm not much of a dark meat person but I used to love it when I'd get on the 1st day and the WJ would have the little bone-in chicken thighs. They were moist and the crust was awesome. RCI hear my prayers.

People rave about it all the time. They'd have to throw that sucker back in the oven, and knock the pink out of it for me to eat it. Not a fan of the rare stuff...

I am the exact opposite. Well done to me tastes terrible. I like very rare roast beef.

Archived