invitation to captains table

macfin

Well, he never dines alone in the MDR, so it must have happened to somebody.;)

We've attended a few times, usually because we were among the most-travelled cruisers onboard. Some Captains go by C&A status, others pick suites, another told us that he picks C&A in suites. So it depends on the Captain.

We didn't do anything but cruise a lot to get invited.:D

We have dined with the captain a few times-It was set up by the Captain Club head person in the Diamond lounge-I forget their title. Very nice time. We are just lowly Diamond members cruising in a inside cabin

Edited by harry0

We got an invite by making a grand entrance - there was an amazing staircase from 1 level to another level of the MDR - I slipped then rolled and tumbled down the entire flight landed on my butt looked up and said "wheee". Entire dining room was silent then someone began clapping. CPT came over to see if I was OK and invited us to sit at his table. :)

We got an invite by making a grand entrance - there was an amazing staircase from 1 level to another level of the MDR - I slipped then rolled and tumbled down the entire flight landed on my butt looked up and said "wheee". Entire dining room was silent then someone began clapping. CPT came over to see if I was OK and invited us to sit at his table. :)

Great - I can see my wife pushing me down the stairs to see if it will work for us. :eek:

Perhaps you can also make a special request to dine with the Captain.

On another note....so many complaints about the MDR ... the food can't be that bad if the Captain eats there every night!!

The captain does not eat there every night - maybe once or twice during a cruise. And, no, asking will not get you an invitation.

On another note....so many complaints about the MDR ... the food can't be that bad if the Captain eats there every night!!

He doesn't usually only on formal night, I've seen him in the Windjammer a few times.:eek:

common consensus indicates that that is a sure fire way to NOT get invited. and he does NOT eat on the MDR every night. in fact many nights his table is completely empty or presided over by another officer.

WOW! There just has to be an easier way to get an invitation to the Captain's table! I hope you weren't hurt.:)

We sat at the Captains table once. After I had written a letter to Carnival about my disappointing last cruise with them. The next cruise we recieved champagne in our room when we embarked, chocolate dipped strawberries one night, hor d'oevres another night and dinner at the captains table. (we were booked in an inside cabin) I sat next to the captian at dinner. He was a charming Italian man and very handsome. He kept ordering my DH extra lobster tails! It was a great experience.:D

One time we were in a JS when we got the invite. Not sure why? The Captains table is utilized on formal nights. One night it is main seating, the other night it is the late seating. One time everyone except us were part of a company that dealt with RCI and had Miami make the arrangement for them. Somehow, we got the extra 2 seats at the table. It was nice but we do not look for it to happen again anytime soon.

We were in our cabin on the FOS one morning when the phone rang, and it was an invite to dine with Captain Rob (Hempstead). No idea why - only our 3rd RCI cruise. Great experience, though. Only night they had a Captain's table during the 2 weeks we were on the ship...

I have never been invited to the Captains table, but my DW traveling solo has been invited on a number of cruises. Why, I don't know. Now here is the really interesting part. In two cases, she sent her regrets that she was too busy with other commitments to dine with the Captain! On one occasion, another member of the senior staff invited her to dinner at one of the specialty restaurants as an alternative. According to her, it was a wonderful dinner with the Chief Engineer.

I should be so lucky.