Our Surprise on the Freedom

The way I understand it "full" doesn't alway mean all the cabins are taken. Just means the ship has reached passenger capacity.

I've been on a lot of cruises and the "we're full" placard has always been out. I think it is to discourage people from coming to the desk and asking for upgrades paid or not. They have too much other stuff on their plates to deal with "counter pounders" demanding something.

They will almost always have "no shows," and/or last minute cancellations. I know they, also, have an unmarked cabin to move someone into in case it becomes necessary to separate cabin mates.

Tucker in Texas

.... and then give it a smell and describe that to us.

Funny we haven't heard back from Cruisin MarcnFran yet, isn't it ? Threy're up havin cocktails laaaaaaughin their butts off at the ridiculous thread they started on CC yesterday!

Gawd, this sounds like the old Cheech & Chong routine. "What that?" ...

The mystery item was a metal bracket for toilet brush pail. It had started to grow hair and turned a nice shade of brown. It has been replaced by a new shiny bucket holder that also can be used as a drink holder while doing your business.

Marc

I think it was only a mystery in your mind, Marc.

Please don't hesitate to let us know of any other earth-shattering problems like.... a strange "fog" that appears on your balcony window and door...or.... an odd side-to-side motion you feel at night...or... a weird bloating feeling you seem to have each night before bed. :D:D:D

Have a great cruise! Wish I was there, too!

Funny we haven't heard back from Cruisin MarcnFran yet, isn't it ? Threy're up havin cocktails laaaaaaughin their butts off at the ridiculous thread they started on CC yesterday!

It's the perfect subject for a thread around here given the high percentage of CCer's who are can be characterized as meticulous in their neatness and who are suspicious and reserved - i.e. - Anal! :eek::D

Yes. I would expect compensation. When we go on vacation we expect our vacation to be enjoyable and not walk into our stateroom cabin to see a turd on the wall. We don't book cheap cabins and we spend thousands of dollars and expect our cabin to be clean, sanitized and habitable. This is unacceptable in my book!

a cruise with a suite and you are above calling for a room clean and need compensation? All that and a big, big bag of chips are ya?:)

a cruise with a suite and you are above calling for a room clean and need compensation? All that and a big, big bag of chips are ya?:)

I guess you apparently didn't read my other posts. I recommend you do so. I was under the impression that the pic was a turd. Then when someone posted it wasn't, I retracted my comment. Lighten up!

The mystery item was a metal bracket for toilet brush pail. It had started to grow hair and turned a nice shade of brown. It has been replaced by a new shiny bucket holder that also can be used as a drink holder while doing your business.

Marc

:mad: Now, THAT was a letdown. A rusty bracket. I was hoping for something much more heinous considering the buildup we got back on Page 1.

My question is .. couldn't you have figured that out yourself without getting all of Cruise Critic and the Cabin Steward involved ?!

I am a registered nurse and have seen a lot of #2's from all sorts of people and this is not something that was produced from the lower bowels of a human being.. I suspect it's some kind of metal appliance of some sort.

Well......that was a good assumption (or did you cheat and look at post #57 from this morning?) :)

It looks like it could be a rusted clip/mounting bracket that's attached to the wall and whatever was attached to it, I.e. soap dish, towel holder etc.. Has fallen off. Sounds like it is a maintenance issue. While it needs to get fixed it is not worth getting up in arms over it. Certainly not going to ruin a vacation.

How cool is it to know that you were the first with the correct answer!

Blue ribbon for you!!!

;)

Just sent my mind down a rabbit trail......have heard that they "always" sail full. How do they give a new upgraded cabin in these type of instances? Possibly trade friends/family cabin that pay tips/taxes?
and the reality is different...they "usually'' sail full, big difference!

My thoughts exactly!......K.O....:)

forget customer service.

You need to contact Alan Goldberg instead..

Who is Alan Goldberg? What can he do to help. There is no one by that name at Royal. I think you want Adam Goldstien but then again just deal with it. OK don' t be such a pooper:D Joking aside yes I would follow up with guest services and see what can be done due to sanitary issues if indeed it is what I think it is.

Archived