What's the least amount of shoes you have brought on a cruise?

I'm going to try my best to do a one bag trip this time. We are set for a 7 nt W. Carib with 4 additional days going to NOLA afterwards. I really only want to bring two pairs, but I think I may have to do three.

One pair of heels for formal

One pair of flats that can be casual or dressed up if my feet hurt from heels

One pair of flip flops for beach/pool/walking.

I want to eliminate the flats, but I don't think it's wise and they don't take up much room. My heels take up the most room, but I can't not take those.

How about you? What's the least, and heck, what's the most amount of shoes you have brought on a cruise? :)

Edited by whataboutport

I would not eliminate the flats. Last cruise I had major issues with the heels I brought and was glad to have the flats.

Last cruise I had two pairs of evening shoes, two pairs of sandals, pool shoes, and the clogs I wore on the plane. (It was December so I didn't feel I could make do with wearing a pair of sandals going and coming.)

I would not eliminate the flats. Last cruise I had major issues with the heels I brought and was glad to have the flats.

Last cruise I had two pairs of evening shoes, two pairs of sandals, pool shoes, and the clogs I wore on the plane. (It was December so I didn't feel I could make do with wearing a pair of sandals going and coming.)

I agree with you. These heels I'm bringing are my fave pair with a lot of use, so they are broken in, and as comfortable as 4" heels are gonna get. I wore them a few weeks ago and for some reason they were pinching my toe big time and I got a blister. So weird.

I usually only have 2 pairs, 3 if you count the pair I'm wearing. I bring 1 pair of sandals that goes with everything at night - depending on the outfits I bring, it's either a gold kitten heel or neutral platform. Then my flip flops, I have a nice pair, their plastic but the bands have turquoise stones so I can wear them to the pool or to dinner. Then I'd be wearing my sneakers to board.

I think you'd be fine with 3 pairs especially with 1 pair being flip flops and the other being flats. They can easily be packed on the sides of your suitcase

Edited by hansolosmom

I agree with you. These heels I'm bringing are my fave pair with a lot of use, so they are broken in, and as comfortable as 4" heels are gonna get. I wore them a few weeks ago and for some reason they were pinching my toe big time and I got a blister. So weird.

Since your going to the Caribbean and your feet might rub with it being hot, bring along some moleskin just in case to help with blisters.

My least amount was three pairs; sneakers, which I wore on the plane, black dress heels and casual sandals. Normally I take at least 6 or more pairs, but that time we were traveling with seven grandchildren and doing carry-on only.

I prefer a few more choices, but it worked out fine. The heels are my favorite and very comfy sling back wedges.

Me too :/ 16ish pairs on my 12 night cruise! I brought a separate bag just for shoes :eek: maybe I can pick up some tips from this thread :D

If I had a 12 nt, I think I could get it down to 4, with 2 pairs being heels. I really think part of the fun of cruising is dressing up. I don't normally get to dress up, so I would want to bring as many different outfits as I could, but those checked bag fees are getting ridiculous.

I thought I was doing good with 5 pair LOL

Easy on and off black athletics for the plane and some days

Dressy black sandals for evening wear

Hiking/walking sandals for tours

water shoes for the snorkel trip (didn't want to get cut on coral or shells)

loafer/flats for more casual time

I could have done without the water shoes but they are so compact they really didn't take up room. I also was heading for a holiday visit of more than three weeks after the cruise so couldn't schlep around in sandals in the middle of winter LOL

As for flip flops...never wear them as I need support in my arches and wearing them give me leg cramps in the night.

I thought I was doing good with 5 pair LOL

Easy on and off black athletics for the plane and some days

Dressy black sandals for evening wear

Hiking/walking sandals for tours

water shoes for the snorkel trip (didn't want to get cut on coral or shells)

loafer/flats for more casual time

I could have done without the water shoes but they are so compact they really didn't take up room. I also was heading for a holiday visit of more than three weeks after the cruise so couldn't schlep around in sandals in the middle of winter LOL

As for flip flops...never wear them as I need support in my arches and wearing them give me leg cramps in the night.

You know I was thinking about bringing 4, the 4th being water shoes. Last time in St John going to Trunk Bay I found very cool shells and dead coral pieces. The more you go to the right (if you're looking out into the water) the rockier it got, but the more pieces of shell and coral could be found. I really wished I had water shoes then.

I love my flip flops. The top layer is very squishy so it can accomodate my arches, which are also high. I can walk in them for a long time. The hardest time I had was breaking in my flats bc they have no support. I ended up putting in insoles.

For my last cruise - 10 nights - I brought 5 pairs (including the pair I wore on the flight/embarkation). 1 pair flip flops, 1 pair gold Born wedges (soooo comfy!), 1 pair running shoes for the gym, 1 pair Calvin Klein gold 4 inch heels and 1 pair black Elie Tahari 4 inch heels. I am a shoe addict, but after much trial and error, only my most comfortable and versatile shoes go with me. I can, and have, worn either pair of heels all day and all night and been fine. I have some lovely Dior and Dolce & Gabbana heels, but after an hour I want to cut off my feet! :eek:

Long story short, I packed 5 pair because we had a 10-night cruise, followed by 4 nights in Vegas. I needed options! :D For a 7-night cruise, I can do 3 pairs of shoes easy. You should be fine with heels, flats and flip flops!

On our upcoming (21 days:D) 13 night TA, I will pack 3pairs of dressy heels plus a pair of dance shoes, 1 pair of dressy sandals, 3 pairs of everyday flip flops & 2 pairs of beach flip flops. I will wear my gym shoes to travel in.

I am trying to cut back this trip!:D

Sherri:)

I thought I was doing good with 5 pair ...

Since your going to the Caribbean and your feet might rub with it being hot, bring along some moleskin just in case to help with blisters.

I have high arches and have had plantar fasciitis and have found LL Bean flip flops to give me great support.

I bring Johnson & Johnson's blister stick (actually picked that tip up here on CC) and it works great to prevent blisters. Just did a 13 day tour of Italy without a single blister and only 3 pair of shoes!

I too am a shoeaholic and think that the fewest pairs of footwear I have brought was 7. Summer shoes are just so darn cute and summer is so short in Maine and I have to wear boring shoes to work. Wait a minute! You aren't my DH. I don't have to make any excuses to you!

Edited by MommaBear55

Mom once brought 1 pair of black Merrell slides for a four day cruise. For formal night she wore black socks with her black slides under her black slacks. Oh the priviledges that come with age.:p

I love my flip flops. The top layer is very squishy so it can accomodate my arches, which are also high. I can walk in them for a long time. The hardest time I had was breaking in my flats bc they have no support. I ended up putting in insoles.

Do you know what brand they are, I've been wearing mine for awhile and need a new pair but I have no idea the brand :eek:

I have high arches and have had plantar fasciitis and have found LL Bean flip flops to give me great support.

I bring Johnson & Johnson's blister stick (actually picked that tip up here on CC) and it works great to prevent blisters. Just did a 13 day tour of Italy without a single blister and only 3 pair of shoes!

Good to know thanks