Tuesday Sale - Explorer PR for $369 ... 9-day cruise

Wow! I wish I was retired. The Tuesday sale this coming week has Explorer at $369 for a promenade cabin. I would be all over that ... wouldn't even have to pay for airfare.

Pretty hard to believe.

I spend twice that just staying home!

How did you get advance notice of a Tuesday sale? I thought they come out Monday for C&A members? When I went into the C&A site today, the following was listed:

There are currently no Crown & Anchor Preview Sale offers available.

Which sailing? We're taking this cruise in March.

How did you get advance notice of a Tuesday sale? I thought they come out Monday for C&A members? When I went into the C&A site today, the following was listed:

There are currently no Crown & Anchor Preview Sale offers available.

Which sailing? We're taking this cruise in March.

You have to click on this link weekly:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

Usually this link will show the new deals for the following week by Thursday afternoon. C&A members can book at these bargain rates the following Monday or the day before the effective day.

Also, if anyone is interested cruising with Celebrity, the deals are shown at this web site.

Also, wishing I were retired....

My husband is, but I'm not letting him cruise without me!

This is a fantastic deal - thanks for pointing it out OP

But he will get double points now!;)

Thanks, Bob. You always give great advice. The link I had only showed last week's "sales".

This is great for folks who can cruise last minute and not care where their cabin location is.

We seriously are thinking of not booking anything next year (we can only cruise once a year) and just waiting it out and grabbing some ridiculous low price last minute cruise. We can only cruise in Dec, Jan, March or July. Any week will do. July is usually out because of hurricanes, heat, kids, price. :rolleyes:

Not saying the price is not correct, but back in September there was a Thursday version of the sale circulated on cc, everyone got excited, and some folks even booked airfare, only to find out the flyer was full of errors on almost all of the listings, RCL corrected it with the "official" one posted on Monday. What I was told back then by some experienced folks, was on Sunday night to go ahead and put a 24 hour hold on a cabin you'd want, then if the official flyer still has the great price call RCL and convert your hold. I also discovered that sometimes there are categories on sale that are not listed, for example I got a deal on a CV on the Allure although the CV was not shown. For this particular flyer, what makes me cautious is that it has the same price for a PR cabin as for the 3rd & 4th guest price, which was the error in September. If it turns out to be correct, that's great.

Not saying the price is not correct, but back in September there was a Thursday version of the sale circulated on cc, everyone got excited, and some folks even booked airfare, only to find out the flyer was full of errors on almost all of the listings, RCL corrected it with the "official" one posted on Monday. What I was told back then by some experienced folks, was on Sunday night to go ahead and put a 24 hour hold on a cabin you'd want, then if the official flyer still has the great price call RCL and convert your hold. I also discovered that sometimes there are categories on sale that are not listed, for example I got a deal on a CV on the Allure although the CV was not shown. For this particular flyer, what makes me cautious is that it has the same price for a PR cabin as for the 3rd & 4th guest price, which was the error in September. If it turns out to be correct, that's great.

Not quite, the errors were corrected on Friday, the sale started on Monday, people knew about it way in advance. The person complaining was looking at flights, they had not booked anything. Here is a link to refresh your memory.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1920668

I expect it is correct. It is the price I paid for an inside for that cruise two weeks ago during the Crown and Anchor preview sale.

I'm on the November 14th cruise and have been watching these prices closely. We originally booked a JS a year ago, but then the GS came within $150 of the JS so we grabbed it. A few weeks ago I got a call from C&A offering us the Royal Family Suite for $200 more, we jumped on it. Not sure why the cruise isn't filling normally? Maybe because it's the week before American Thanksgiving?? In any case, can't wait for our RFS in a few weeks :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

I'm on the November 14th cruise and have been watching these prices closely. We originally booked a JS a year ago, but then the GS came within $150 of the JS so we grabbed it. A few weeks ago I got a call from C&A offering us the Royal Family Suite for $200 more, we jumped on it. Not sure why the cruise isn't filling normally? Maybe because it's the week before American Thanksgiving?? In any case, can't wait for our RFS in a few weeks :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Have a wonderful time! We visited cruise friends in their aft RFS on the Grandeur last year. {They needed our help in finishing off a couple bottles of wine :)} It's an awesome cabin.

Wow! I wish I was retired. The Tuesday sale this coming week has Explorer at $369 for a promenade cabin. I would be all over that ... wouldn't even have to pay for airfare.

Sounded awesome to me until I saw the 200% single supplement. oh well

And here I thought I'd never see another sale price like they had for some of Freedom of the Seas next fall's cruises at $369/person for a Promenade cabin again, and those were for 7-night cruises. How fantastic it would be to be able to go on a 9-night cruise for $369/person!

And here I thought I'd never see another sale price like they had for some of Freedom of the Seas next fall's cruises at $369/person for a Promenade cabin again, and those were for 7-night cruises. How fantastic it would be to be able to go on a 9-night cruise for $369/person!

When and where did you see the Freedom cruise you mentioned? I'm looking to get our Fall2014 cruise booked.

Archived