Deckplan Codes

Can someone please tell me where I can go to learn what each deckplan code is???

I'm a little confused about what constitutes an upgrade over what. For instance I often see E3 cabins that are more desirable to me than a D2, though I'm fairly certain a D2 is an upgrade over a E3?

Thanks for any help in getting me to understand.

Can someone please tell me where I can go to learn what each deckplan code is???

I'm a little confused about what constitutes an upgrade over what. For instance I often see E3 cabins that are more desirable to me than a D2, though I'm fairly certain a D2 is an upgrade over a E3?

Thanks for any help in getting me to understand.

I would look at the deckplans themselves and also the staterooms for the ship you are sailing. It will give you an idea of the size of the cabin and the size of the balcony.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cabinclass/home.do?br=R&shipCode=SR&shipName=Serenade+Of+The+Seas

D's are bigger than E's...the number designations simply have to do with how many beds are in the cabin, and where it's located.

You MUST have the deckplans in front of you when booking, so you know what you're paying for. Midship is best, in almost all cases!

Before I book our cruise, I check the Deck Plans to decide on deck and cabin location. We always book mid ship and this is only my personal preferance, but I book within 6 to 10 rooms forward of the elevators unless I can get a Hump cabin ( where ship bows out ) I also keep a deck of rooms above & below me. When I decide on our location, I then call and reserve our cruise. I also pick an alternate cabin unless my first choice is taken.

normally the E's have the love seat size sofa and the D's have the full size sofa

Good to know. I have always wondered this myself.

We did a balcony guarantee for our cruise next week. We ended up with a D3 balcony. I knew that was better than an "E" balcony. But, the differences I could see were size and the "D" had a mini-fridge. [E did not]

But, the sofa makes sense since it is a little larger.

Archived