reflection pizza

baby

The trick with Celebrity pizza is to order a special one, rather than take slices from under the heat lamp. Ask if they can make one for you with your favorite toppings, and then come back in 15 minutes. Much tastier. But, yes, Princess is generally better for pizza. Leaving for a cruise in Italy on Tuesday, so may skip pizza on the ship entirely!

Andrew

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

Agree that the pizza is not up to Celebrity's otherwise high standards when it comes to food. My vote goes to Princess for best pizza at sea.

I guess its a matter taste but I sailed on the Caribbean Princess last December and Reflection a few weeks ago and I thought Reflection's pizza was better. Much more liberal with the toppings. Another thing I liked about Celebrity is the pasta to order bar in the buffet.

Now is either as good as your local (I mean local, no Papa John's, Little Caesars, Domino's, etc..) neighborhood pizzeria, generally no.

I guess its a matter taste but I sailed on the Caribbean Princess last December and Reflection a few weeks ago and I thought Reflection's pizza was better. Much more liberal with the toppings. .

But a really good pizza needs no toppings.

But a really good pizza needs no toppings.

BosoxI, prior to our cruise on the Reflection, wife and I drove around Italy for a week. I was not impressed with the pizza. I thought it was kind like ketchup on cardboard. We discussed this at our MDR table (10 of us) on the Reflection. The consensus was COSTCO pizza was the best :o

BosoxI, prior to our cruise on the Reflection, wife and I drove around Italy for a week. I was not impressed with the pizza. I thought it was kind like ketchup on cardboard. We discussed this at our MDR table (10 of us) on the Reflection. The consensus was COSTCO pizza was the best :o

Funny I feel the same way. Hated most pizza in Italy, I guess because I'm from NJ and we do pizza a bit differently here in the states, and well, everyone knows the NJ/NY area has the best pizza (ok chicago quiet down, deep dish is good too lol)

You get this at the lawn club:

P1110883-Edit-XL.jpg

BTW, don't forget Room Service Pizza. It tastes really good after you have fully exercised your premium beverage package option for the night. You get this:

P1110644-Edit-XL.jpg

Top one looks delish but someone said 45 bucks? I dont pay that much for pizza LOL

Top one looks delish but someone said 45 bucks? I dont pay that much for pizza LOL

Someone was joking. The pizza/flat bread is just a starter that you can make yourself. Although the rest of the meal is excellent I also question the cost compared to the other options available.

Pizza is inconsistent on Celebrity. I've found it is almost always very acceptable although sometimes better than others. Depends on both the crew on a particular sailing and catching it when it is hot and fresh and made by one of the better pizza chefs on board as all are not equal. It's been 8 years since we last sailed Princess and I do remember them having really good pizza.

I've only eaten at the Lawn Club Grill once, for lunch on the Silhouette TA last year. The pizza (called flatbread there) was very good as was everything else but it was too expensive and too much food for lunch (although well worth trying out once). I would have loved it if they had a less expensive option for lunch that was just the pizza and salad bar!

... everyone knows the NJ/NY area has the best pizza (ok chicago quiet down, deep dish is good too lol)

Can't keep quiet about Chicago Pizza! Unfortunately there are many places throughout the USA and world claiming to sell Chicago style pizza but the only place I've ever had a real Chicago style pizza has been in Chicago! Even the franchise operations bearing the name of a great Chicago pizzeria (Pizza Uno) isn't at all the same as the original in Chicago or one of the other great Chicago pizza places like Lou Malantis (my favorite). A true Chicago style deep dish is totally different from other style pizzas so one doesn't necessarily replace the other.

lou-malnatis-PizzaPull.R.jpg

But as much as I love Chicago style deep dish, my favorite is actually the Detroit square pizza served by Buddy's and Shields - haven't had any for years...:(

20090810-buddys.jpg

I have tried the pizza on many ships but after a couple of bites, that was it. Much better foods available. I think the secret of many pizzas is the sauce. Ketchup base just doesn't make it. Also, cardboard crusts just don't make it either.

Does any food item engender more varied opinions than pizza? Costco pizza? I'd have to be starving. :) As a youngster in NYC and NJ, we NEVER got a topping, the pizza was so good and tasty. Now people grade it by the amount of cheese on it. If I want a cheese sandwich, I'll order it. I love to see bubbles on a pie (a remembrance of things past), light cheese, tasty sauce, and a bendable crust. Where I live now, good pizza is only a distant memory. Why did I visit this thread (sob)?

Pizza at local shops in Italy..very thin crust, served unheated & cut with a scissor.. but I liked it anyhow & asked them to heat it.

best Pizza and Bagels : definitely N.Y.

buffet pizza on Celeb is not very good ...but lawn Club is awesome esp. when you are with a bunch of folks & make it yourself. The pizza is just part of the esxperience..they have great steaks and desserts and everything in between. Wait for special pricing or twofers--the $45 fee is too high for that spot.

Does any food item engender more varied opinions than pizza? Costco pizza? I'd have to be starving. :) As a youngster in NYC and NJ, we NEVER got a topping, the pizza was so good and tasty. Now people grade it by the amount of cheese on it. If I want a cheese sandwich, I'll order it. I love to see bubbles on a pie (a remembrance of things past), light cheese, tasty sauce, and a bendable crust. Where I live now, good pizza is only a distant memory. Why did I visit this thread (sob)?

There is this tomato pie pizza around my area. No toppings but there is a thick marinara sauce on top of the dough. Real good.

When I am on a ship, I usually hear how delicious the pizza is. I try to figure out what I am missing but each time, I realize I am missing nothing.

Archived