Nothing screams," I'm a cruise newbie!" like...

purplemusik

And I quietly open the fire door and scooted 3 doors down to my cabin and plopped our carry on's on the sofa while the steward just stared at me.

That was pretty rude. What makes you so special that rules do not apply to you?

Would love to see their parents faces later when the cell phone bill arrives. :eek: I can see kids who won't get any allowance for the next 6 months.

Recently I was sitting in the buffet, and a voice was droning on and on....in the end I looked round and saw a young lass on the phone, asking what her friend was wearing, who was going etc....must have been for 20 minutes.

We were a day away from Madeira, out in the Atlantic, so there's no way she was picking up a local signal.....

The ones wondering what time the "mustard" drill will be and then the ones who are overdressed and wearing a lanyard.

And wondering why everyone else's stateroom attendant is named "Stewart." :D

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We'll never forget the time the lady was crying when she received her final bill. She couldn't believe she had spent so much (and I'm not sure she was going to be capable of paying for it). It can be a bit of a shock the first time out.

Now I'm worrying what happened to her.

We'll never forget the time the lady was crying when she received her final bill. She couldn't believe she had spent so much (and I'm not sure she was going to be capable of paying for it). It can be a bit of a shock the first time out.

Now I'm worrying what happened to her.

She probably spent the next couple of cruises in the laundry room, working off her bill.

The look of shock on their faces when they find out the "welcome aboard" drink is not free.

We were a couple of those. We still have our souvenir glasses from the Norway---so it wasn't all bad!!

It took me at least 20 cruises to realize that wearing a lanyard is a good thing!! IMHO, that shows who are the experienced cruisers!

after boarding ship for the 1st time ,seeing them wonder around lido ,buffett area carrying their carry-ons, suitcase's ect . You can go direct to your cabin to drop your bags ,and leave,so you are not in cleaning crew's way

Depends on the cruise line actually. Newbie to RCL perhaps?

And yes, clearly I'm always a newbie as I do many of these things (other than want to pay for the food :) ) on every cruise.

after boarding ship for the 1st time ,seeing them wonder around lido ,buffett area carrying their carry-ons, suitcase's ect . You can go direct to your cabin to drop your bags ,and leave,so you are not in cleaning crew's way

Often the hallways are blocked and you are not allowed access to your cabin.

When I was on the Premier Atlantic in '91 (all senior class cruise), you still paid for drinks with cash or you could run a bar tab and pay it off before disembarkation. A guy from a neighboring high school had run a huge tab and had nowhere near enough money to pay for it. He was freaking out because they weren't going to let him off the boat and were threatening to arrest him!:eek: We wound up taking up a collection for him and finally got enough together to bail him out. When his parents found out, they offered to pay everyone back what we had chipped in. We declined as it hadn't been that much per person and we felt that it was worth the show on the ship!:D He did get grounded for the whole summer though!

Archived