RCI Issues

TC1957

Does their IT staff moonlight for the US government and work on the heathcare website? On the phone now with them because

I cannot log in to view my reservation. Seems they are doing "enhancements" and are surprised to discover that it is having repercussions in many areas and impacting on-screen displys of information. The problem should be resolved IN ABOUT A WEEK!

Are you kidding me? Have they ever heard of a test environment?

Does their IT staff moonlight for the US government and work on the heathcare website? On the phone now with them because

I cannot log in to view my reservation. Seems they are doing "enhancements" and are surprised to discover that it is having repercussions in many areas and impacting on-screen displys of information. The problem should be resolved IN ABOUT A WEEK!

Take a pill and chill

If you need immediate attention you can always contact RCI directly and they will be more than happy to help you! They have upgraded systems across all companies not just RCI but Celebrity and Azamara and more. They had announced this months in advance, then weeks in advanced, then days in advanced so this should of been something to expect. From what I hear it is an amazing system that really helps guests like us get the best rate possible.

I do not think I have ever been thru an "update" without some sort of fall out. Probably why my OS for i phone was two updates behind..lol. Seriously though, you are cruising in April 2014. What's the fire? Maybe someone here can put your mind at ease. :)

I posted this yesterday on how to get into your reservation for now. We are leaving in 43 days, so I was a bit panicked when I could not print my seapass last weekend. These instructions are a bit more complicated than the "easy" way we are used to, but if you need to access your account for payments, reservations, check-in, seapass printing, etc., they work just fine.

Go to the RCI website and be sure you are NOT logged in.

Under "Before you Board" choose Countdown to Cruise

Enter in your Info (last name, res #, DMY of departure, and ship)

You should be now able to see your reservation.

Go to Cruise Documentation

Guest Vacation Docs- check status

Click "Print Document"

You can now view and/or print your seapass.

You can make any other changes to your account (excursions, reservations, shows, check balance, etc.) and do online check-in from here.

I posted this yesterday on how to get into your reservation for now. We are leaving in 43 days, so I was a bit panicked when I could not print my seapass last weekend. These instructions are a bit more complicated than the "easy" way we are used to, but if you need to access your account for payments, reservations, check-in, seapass printing, etc., they work just fine.

Go to the RCI website and be sure you are NOT logged in.

Under "Before you Board" choose Countdown to Cruise

Enter in your Info (last name, res #, DMY of departure, and ship)

You should be now able to see your reservation.

Go to Cruise Documentation

Guest Vacation Docs- check status

Click "Print Document"

You can now view and/or print your seapass.

You can make any other changes to your account (excursions, reservations, shows, check balance, etc.) and do online check-in from here.

You are leaving in 43 days and were panicked because you could not print your set sail pass last weekend?

If you need immediate attention you can always contact RCI directly and they will be more than happy to help you! They have upgraded systems across all companies not just RCI but Celebrity and Azamara and more. They had announced this months in advance, then weeks in advanced, then days in advanced so this should of been something to expect. From what I hear it is an amazing system that really helps guests like us get the best rate possible.

Interesting post from someone who lists their location as Oregon. Anyone else see the connection?

Right now all you have to do is check off the few categories of rates that you are eligible for and hit "enter". It can't get much easier than that to come up with the best rate possible.

You are leaving in 43 days and were panicked because you could not print your set sail pass last weekend?

Gee, I'm sorry, I was trying to help someone.

Yeah, considering you do not know me, nor my schedule and how busy I am or not, 43 days is the blink of an eye.

Especially when RCI does not know when the system will really be fixed.

Oh yeah, I like to be organized so there are no problems when I am finally on vacation (first time away from my property/work in 3 YEARS).

So I'm sorry if my hard work to fix my problem, and help other people bothered you.

I am sailing in 9 days and yesterday I wanted to access my reservation to purchase 2 soda packages. Everything on my set sail pass has been completed and was ready to print months ago. I was unable to access my reservation on the RCCL system using either my husband's name or mine. When I tried to call I was left on hold for over one half hour and finally got through. I spoke with a gentleman with a very heavy Indian accent. I could barely understand him. He apologized when we was unable to access my reservation and suggested that I wait a few days. This will put me at a week out.

Additionally, I asked him about the propulsion problems that are currently plaguing the Allure, causing it to shorten port times in its calls on Nassau and St Thomas during the last month. He claimed to have no knowledge of these events. He put me on hold for awhile, then came back on and again said that customer service was not aware of any problems.

Why did I waste my time and phone call?

I am sailing in 9 days and yesterday I wanted to access my reservation to purchase 2 soda packages. Everything on my set sail pass has been completed and was ready to print months ago. I was unable to access my reservation on the RCCL system using either my husband's name or mine. When I tried to call I was left on hold for over one half hour and finally got through. I spoke with a gentleman with a very heavy Indian accent. I could barely understand him. He apologized when we was unable to access my reservation and suggested that I wait a few days. This will put me at a week out.

Additionally, I asked him about the propulsion problems that are currently plaguing the Allure, causing it to shorten port times in its calls on Nassau and St Thomas during the last month. He claimed to have no knowledge of these events. He put me on hold for awhile, then came back on and again said that customer service was not aware of any problems.

Why did I waste my time and phone call?

If you are a Crown & Anchor member try calling them back at 800-526-9723. They have always been extremely helpful to us. (Even if you are not, try them anyway - I'm sure they will try to help).

As for the propulsion issue, they may not have much or any information about it. We sailed last March on Independence and only learned on board during a ship tour that there was a similar situation with their center azipod and it was shut down in preparation of the April scheduled refurb. Fortunately it did not affect our port times, but it was not something widely known - and maybe as there was no impact, that is why.

But to my knowledge there was no advance reporting of it on CC or with RCI and it was not apparently not known on board other than to the group on the tour as that was the first and only time I heard of it. Ours also was not the first or last Independence cruise impacted by this - there were several.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

First, does not matter how long it is before I sail on my next RCI cruise. In my opinion, you don't roll out web site enhancements unless it has been tested extensively or it is a government site. I worked for a very small company years ago (especially when compared to RCI) and when we had our site re-designed we kept our old site active for a week as a back-up. Not sure exactly how they did it as I am not an IT guru, but when the new site crashed on day two the company simply redirected the link to the old site.

Second, they have already been having issues for a week because I have seen people posting on and on about $4.90 mystery charges appearing on paid-in-full cruises with RCI. Those post seemed to be met with broad confusion. Let me get this straight, you paid thousands for a cruise (in one case the poster had booked a suite) and you are worried/upset over $5? Yea...perfectly rational. But note, now they are admitting they will have two weeks of site issues.

Third, I called them and was given the instructions posted above...did not work and the person on the other end was equally confused. They gave me the number of IT and I called them. I was assured they could navigate me to anything I could do via "My Cruises" and was asked "What would you like to do?" When I said I wanted to view my reservation they said "Well, we don't know how to do that when the site is not functioning correctly."

I will point out they said the problem would "periodically fix itself for short periods of time." They suggested if the work-around mentioned above was unsuccessful to simply try again later.

First, does not matter how long it is before I sail on my next RCI cruise. In my opinion, you don't roll out web site enhancements unless it has been tested extensively or it is a government site. I worked for a very small company years ago (especially when compared to RCI) and when we had our site re-designed we kept our old site active for a week as a back-up. Not sure exactly how they did it as I am not an IT guru, but when the new site crashed on day two the company simply redirected the link to the old site.

Second, they have already been having issues for a week because I have seen people posting on and on about $4.90 mystery charges appearing on paid-in-full cruises with RCI. Those post seemed to be met with broad confusion. Let me get this straight, you paid thousands for a cruise (in one case the poster had booked a suite) and you are worried/upset over $5? Yea...perfectly rational. But note, now they are admitting they will have two weeks of site issues.

Third, I called them and was given the instructions posted above...did not work and the person on the other end was equally confused. They gave me the number of IT and I called them. I was assured they could navigate me to anything I could do via "My Cruises" and was asked "What would you like to do?" When I said I wanted to view my reservation they said "Well, we don't know how to do that when the site is not functioning correctly."

I will point out they said the problem would "periodically fix itself for short periods of time." They suggested if the work-around mentioned above was unsuccessful to simply try again later.

It is perfectly rational to be worried about a small balance due on a cruise that is past final payment. A cruise that is not paid in full after the final payment date can be cancelled. By the time the cancellation is noticed, the cruiser might have already lost their desired cabin to a new reservation. In the past, when things like this have happened, the cruisline will reinstate the reservation, but they will not work to get you back your desired cabin.

So, yes, it is perfectly rational to worry about $4.90:cool:

As for the propulsion issue, they may not have much or any information about it. We sailed last March on Independence and only learned on board during a ship tour that there was a similar situation with their center azipod and it was shut down in preparation of the April scheduled refurb. Fortunately it did not affect our port times, but it was not something widely known - and maybe as there was no impact, that is why.

Wow, I can't tell you how many times I looked out over the wake of Indy last March and thought to myself.... why does this not look right to me?... Now I finally know!

Gee, I'm sorry, I was trying to help someone.

Yeah, considering you do not know me, nor my schedule and how busy I am or not, 43 days is the blink of an eye.

Especially when RCI does not know when the system will really be fixed.

Oh yeah, I like to be organized so there are no problems when I am finally on vacation (first time away from my property/work in 3 YEARS).

So I'm sorry if my hard work to fix my problem, and help other people bothered you.

Not bothered in the least.

Do you of any website that never has had problems that took weeks to fix? If so name it and don't say cruise critic LOL.

Do you of any website that never has had problems that took weeks to fix? If so name it and don't say cruise critic LOL.

The type of problems that kept customers from navigating, seeing accurate information and conducting business that impacts revenue...all at the same time. Let's see...as long as I have been using them;

Facebook

Google

Yahoo

Off the top of my head. They have had problems, but none that I have seen that wide-spread and that lasted weeks. If you have different information on those, please provide it and the source.

Take a pill and chill

Yeah, some people seem to *really* need a vacation on this thread :D

FWIW, I've actually accidentally showed up at the terminal without my paperwork before, and it was no big deal. Someone looked me up on the manifest and just wrote my cabin number on a piece of paper which they used to look me up and check in and get my card. They also have luggage tags available at the pier for anything you're not carrying on.

The type of problems that kept customers from navigating, seeing accurate information and conducting business that impacts revenue...all at the same time. Let's see...as long as I have been using them;

Facebook

Google

Yahoo

Off the top of my head. They have had problems, but none that I have seen that wide-spread and that lasted weeks. If you have different information on those, please provide it and the source.

Good response, off hand I do know a lot of folks are having serious problems with the new Yahoo mail. http://gizmodo.com/yahoos-redesigned-email-is-seriously-broken-1444852809Here is another About Google http://www.businessinsider.com/google-goes-down-2013-8 Edited by FLACRUISER99