"LIVE" (hopefully?) from Allure of the Seas, November 10th, 2013

Love your pictures (even with the ladder)! Those hanging discs are in the forward elevator lobby. I think I had only one picture from there, but a zillion of those beaded dresses! Loved them!

I think the glass-covered seating area at Chops must be new. I know they had outdoor seating, but nothing covered. Guess they must be getting busier (but I hope not because of the quality of the MDR).

Pictures are great and you look to be taking super care of Lady Allure before I board her when you get off. :-) Hope I can produce as good a pictures as yours next week with my live from report. :-) Party like its 1999 the next three days. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - Please excuse any errors.

So nice of you and truly appreciated! One thing I don't like are screaming kids, why can't parents control their kids! Ok some of you will be nasty towards my comment but its true, why do these kids have to scream and the parents not control them. What kind of parents are they for not watching them out on the balcony very stupid...the kids can get up on a chair and well......

Leaving St. THOMAS. Beautiful day. Next stop St. Martin

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

So an hour off off Nassau and only an hour off of St. Thomas? Looks like they're getting the speed issue sorted out. Trial and error, I guess. THanks again for the great pics!! I keep looking at them and thinking, "I was there, I was there too, oh and I was right there"...LoL...March couldn't get here soon enough. :rolleyes:

So an hour off off Nassau and only an hour off of St. Thomas? Looks like they're getting the speed issue sorted out. Trial and error, I guess. THanks again for the great pics!! I keep looking at them and thinking, "I was there, I was there too, oh and I was right there"...LoL...March couldn't get here soon enough. :rolleyes:

I think they were on schedule today. According to the OP they arrived in St Thomas at 10:45 and leaving at 7. Pretty good, Capt Johnny :D:cool:

I think they were on schedule today. According to the OP they arrived in St Thomas at 10:45 and leaving at 7. Pretty good, Capt Johnny :D:cool:

I have a question; Did the ship remain on Eastern Standard Time since sailing or did theychange over to Atlantic Standard Time when crossing the timeline? The ship arrived today at 10:45 AM, Niksmom earlier indicated that she was reporting the ship time. If the ship remained on EST then it arrived at 11:45 AST (island time)?

I have a question; Did the ship remain on Eastern Standard Time since sailing or did theychange over to Atlantic Standard Time when crossing the timeline? The ship arrived today at 10:45 AM, Niksmom earlier indicated that she was reporting the ship time. If the ship remained on EST then it arrived at 11:45 AST (island time)?

They remain on ships time. :cool::)

It's always on "Ship Time".

Nicksmom...

I printed the picture of the dining table you sent (I am so grateful to you for that!)...I placed the picture under their dinner plate as a place mat for my twins... They were trying to figure out what it was... My daughter guessed first and they both had so much fun with it! My children have only been to DW and are jumping with excitement for our upcoming trip. I think my son is a bit intimidated by the water...

I really appreciate your taking the time to get that picture... very VERY sweet of you!

I have shared all your fabulous pictures and told them what you are experiencing on your sailing and we are all excited for our upcoming trip. The kids were curious if it was strange for your DD to climb the rock wall, being on a ship...with all the water around.... my son with the water ..haha

Thank you for sharing your vacation with us!

Edited by Pebbles468

Mini-rant. Ok, there about 4 kids under the age of 5 running around an screaming on the balcony next door, while the parents are chatting away inside. So much for enjoying my cheese plate and glass of wine this evening......grrrrrrrrrrr, can I take theses kids to Adventure Ocean myself??????

This is my worst nightmare. I hope there aren't too many kids on my cruise in January. Is it school holidays over there then? Loving the live feed so thank you. My jan cruise on allure will be first time cruising. What were port times at st Thomas. Also I'm contemplating drinks package. You are having a few cocktails--- did you get drinks package or as you go. If as you go what is the average cost of a cocktail ? Can't wait to hear abt St Martin, whole reason I booked cruise was to go there.

Edited by RenaeG

I'm contemplating drinks package. You are having a few cocktails--- did you get drinks package or as you go. If as you go what is the average cost of a cocktail?

Renae, from what I've seen on the threads that discuss RCI's drink menus, the prices average out loosely to around $9. Of course this depends on the type of drinks you like, as beers are usually less while some other cocktails can run well over $10. Drinks of the Day will be around $7. Then there is the 15% tip added to these amounts if you pay as you go. If you get the drink package, the tips are included in that $55 per day charge for the Premium Package, so the 'break even' quantity is probably around 5 or 6 drinks per day. IMHO, not too hard to achieve that on a cruise ship. We always tip more for good service, so we've budgeted a bit more than that $55 per day. If you search 'drink menus' or 'drink packages', you will find some helpful info. The Premium Package includes most drinks, but not all, so read the details.

Friends of mine have said it's worth it to get the package, and you don't have to keep signing receipts every time you get a drink. We're cruising in 10 days so I will have a better idea of the value of the package once we're back. I will be glad to torment my liver for seven days in the name of research.

Cheers!

This is my worst nightmare. I hope there aren't too many kids on my cruise in January. Is it school holidays over there then?

Just remember, it doesn't take a lot of kids it just takes the wrong ones living next door to you for the week!:D

Your saying we don't have to sign anything? Is there a limit to the number of drinks we can have? (somebody previously answered this question having senior moment here).

No limit to the drinks, except for you can only order one at a time.

Your saying we don't have to sign anything?

Bob is correct about getting one drink at a time.

As far as having to sign each time, I've heard from friends as well as other posters that you do not need to sign anything. The bartenders can tell from your SeaPass card that you've purchased the package.

Also, keep in mind that if there are two adults in the cabin, both need to purchase the package if one does. They don't allow just one to purchase it, obviously to discourage sharing.

Thank you, I only need one drink at a time lol. Yes, both of us will get the package of course. I think this is great to have these choices.

For more information, there is a new thread about the drink packages. Apparently Royal Caribbean is adding some new levels with different amenities. I haven't seen the "new" rumored packages available online yet, but apparently they will be soon. I was on the fence previously but with the addition of wine that is not just house wine, I think we'll be purchasing. If the rumor is true, not all occupants will need to purchase. That works perfect for my dad and his wife. His wife drinks about 3 bailey's and maybe one frozen drink in 7 days. They would happily purchase those separate. My dad on the other hand....

You can read more here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1942652

For more information, there is a new thread about the drink packages. Apparently Royal Caribbean is adding some new levels with different amenities. I haven't seen the "new" rumored packages available online yet, but apparently they will be soon. I was on the fence previously but with the addition of wine that is not just house wine, I think we'll be purchasing. If the rumor is true, not all occupants will need to purchase. That works perfect for my dad and his wife. His wife drinks about 3 bailey's and maybe one frozen drink in 7 days. They would happily purchase those separate. My dad on the other hand....

You can read more here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1942652

Reney, thanks for posting this thread. I just spent the last half hour or so catching up on the changes to the drink packages, and while there is still some confusion on a few points, they look to be positive changes as well as more options. One negative, if it turns out to be true, is getting charged whatever amount exceeds the $10 or $12 cap. For example, if you have the package and order a $12 mixed drink, you're charged $2. Maybe that was true on the older version of the package, but if so I wasn't aware. I knew certain wines and liquors were not included, but did not know of any $ limits.

Edited by TheInnocentAge