Vouchers are here to stay

cruising teacher

We got off the Summit a week ago and had vouchers. We loved them. We liked you could order anything in Classic package. We met people in different bars and was even able to get dance in before dinner.A couple of nights got drinks and went up to friends family veranda to watch sail away. Stopped and got a glass of wine each night to take into dinner.the times for use was still 5-7pm. One night week asked for beer not to be opened and enjoyed it later on cruise.

I may be wrong, but I think they have to be used on the specific day they are valid, during the 5-7 PM happy hour period.

Thats how it was, on our Eclipse sailing in April. The vouchers could only be used 5-7 pm, on the date printed on the ticket. I'm curious to see what will be offered on our Eclipse cruise next week. Stay tuned !

Edited by Host Andy

Maybe it should be suggested to Celebrity that Royal Diamonds get the vouchers amd the Elite HH can be for Elites only?

You can't honestly believe that eliminating Diamonds from the Elite HH will solve the overcrowding problems. If that is what you think, then the vast majority of the 1000+ Elite members on TA cruises must be Royal diamonds, and if a 14 day Caribbean cruise has 700 Elites, only 20% are true Celebrity Elites.

It takes five not so very expensive cruises to become Elite. I have 6 Celebrity cruises booked this winter starting in December. If I was new to Celebrity I'd be Elite by mid-March with 12 credits by the end of March. It's just too easy to become Elite.

Edited by Oville

Can I still go to the Elite Lounge and get a drink?

Hi Dz9yvr,

IF, and I repeat IF Celebrity were to move to a voucher only program, I suspect the Sky Lounge would no longer offer complimentary beverages from 5-7. Unless, the Sky Lounge were to be used for any levels above Elite. I suspect the current rumors are related to the new Captains Club levels. Whenever Celebrity announces the details, things will make more sense.

Thats how it was, on our Eclipse sailing in April. The vouchers could only be used 5-7 pm, on the date printed on the ticket. I'm curious to see what will be offered on our Eclipse cruise next week. Stay tuned !

Andy, have a fabulous cruise!

Vouchers would be my preference. Have had the lounge option on my last 2 Celebrity cruises and last 4 RCCL cruises...if Celebrity Elite Lounge was handled like RCCL lounge, I would like it much better. I think the flexibility of the vouchers will be a suitable perk for us.

I have not yet been on a voucher cruise, but I suspect DH and I might like the vouchers. There are terrific bars and good bartenders and interesting people all over the ship, so we could go to different venues or find a favorite. I'd like to be able to carry a drink to dinner or a show. Between the two of us, six vouchers per night would be sufficient, though can understand if three per Elite per night is not enough for everybody.

Our preference would also be the vouchers. Three vouchers pp is plenty for us, too, in a 2 hour time frame. :eek:

We loved the Diamond Lounge on RCCL. The hours were better, as well.

The main reason that we don't take advantage of the Elite hour on Celebrity is that we have late seating and are usually getting ready for the evening between 5-7. Having vouchers will really not help us unless we can get the drinks ahead of going to the stateroom to get showered/dressed. Maybe we can pick up a drink at 5:00 and then get back to the bars a few minutes before 7:00 and take two to the show. :D I guess I can always send DH down to get our drinks while I am getting ready. He doesn't take as long to get ready. ;)

Enjoy Woo Hoo IV! I think I'm going to feel very left out while y'all are cruising this year.

Will be interesting to hear what happens with the vouchers. When they stopped giving out full cans of soda on the Infinity, this spring, I lost interest. We were awash in vouchers--they gave us two complete sets of two in the royal suite.

Interesting. My wife does not ingest alcohol; and, I am wondering if you have the same scenario with your wife. If so, are the vouchers good for non-alcoholic drinks. Also, what types of non-alcoholic drinks are available.

Interesting. My wife does not ingest alcohol; and, I am wondering if you have the same scenario with your wife. If so, are the vouchers good for non-alcoholic drinks. Also, what types of non-alcoholic drinks are available.

Vouchers are good for any drink valid with the classic package.. That includes non alcoholic water, soda and some drinks or non alcoholic beer.

We are also curious to see what will happen on Eclipse. We will board when you get off the ship. :D Please let us know after you find out. ;)

Gerry

We are also curious to see what will happen on Eclipse. We will board when you get off the ship. :D Please let us know after you find out. ;)

Gerry

Will do Gerry. I plan to do a "Live From Eclipse" thread, for our community members. I'm looking forward to it.

Enjoy Woo Hoo IV! I think I'm going to feel very left out while y'all are cruising this year.

Thank you Linda. I wish you were sailing with us, as it would be great to see you again. We're also booked for the Eclipse November sailing next year, so hopefully we'll see you for Woo Hoo V :)

We also loved the voucher system. We were able to sit in Cellar Masters Lounge, where we met some very nice people. It doesn't matter to us of they were elite or not, if one wants to meet and mingle, a special elite party is not necessary. We were then able to take our drinks to dinner, which we were not able to do in the past. We hope it is here to stay

Were your Elite vouchers valid in Cellar Masters? Or did you simply obtain your drinks at another venue and go to Cellar Masters to enjoy them there?

Edited by BEAV

Just off a b2b on Summit. We had drink vouchers each week. We went to Michaels club some nights and other bars some nights. Liked both. We were able to get wine at Cellar Masters and take it to dinner. We also took drinks away from Michaels Club. Cashed in some vouchers for soda pop to keep in the room.

I'm wondering where we'll be able to use vouchers on Century, if they go to this system before our Feb. b2b. Let's face it, there aren't as many choices of bars/lounges on a smaller ship. If you have a lot of Elites using vouchers, and only a couple of places to use them -- it seems like it's going to defeat the purpose. :confused:

Just off a b2b on Summit. We had drink vouchers each week. We went to Michaels club some nights and other bars some nights. Liked both. We were able to get wine at Cellar Masters and take it to dinner. We also took drinks away from Michaels Club. Cashed in some vouchers for soda pop to keep in the room.

I'm wondering where we'll be able to use vouchers on Century, if they go to this system before our Feb. b2b. Let's face it, there aren't as many choices of bars/lounges on a smaller ship. If you have a lot of Elites using vouchers, and only a couple of places to use them -- it seems like it's going to defeat the purpose. :confused:

Vouchers will not be any harder to use than the beverage packages, either paid or free. When we were on the Century, we used the main lounge bar and it was very short handed with servers a couple of nights.

FWIW on the "X" web site they still list as one of the many Elite Member Benefits:

"• Access to the Captain's Club Lounge for coffeehouse style breakfast and evening social hour (open daily except embarkation and the evening of the Senior Officers' Cocktail Party)"

I woder if drink tickets gone fleet wide yet

DQOTD, Did they still have the B-fast thing with Bloody Marys or Mimosa upon request when coupons were used instead of the 5-7 afternoon Lounge?

Edited by A Sixth?

We loved the vouchers on our Summit cruise last month and hope that they have them on our upcoming Reflection and other future cruises. We were also able to go to the Elite lounge and enjoy some appetizers with the coupons. Since we were traveling with non-Elite friends, we could use the coupons to have some drinks with them before dinner too. I thought it worked out wonderfully.