Crown & Anchor points denied

Thanks guys for your balanced comments.

The cruise we had to cancel last year was cancelled 32 days prior to sailing

which entitled us to a 50% refund . We had insurance but no cancellation cover.

In asking for FCLs we thought we were doing the right thing as we wanted to cruise as soon as we possible could.

I am not complaining about what we lost in cancellation fees.

Just cant fathom how this can be deemed a complimentary cruise as stated we could have received a cash refund, and paid for this cruise 7Th Dec in cash and be entitled to the C&A points.

I have gone to the top with the C&A society and their reply was they cannot reverse any decision that comes out of Miami , hmm.

The guys here in Australia have been pretty good and have referred it to customer service, awaiting their reply will advise hopefully a positive outcome

Rob

In that case you absolutely should receive your points. I hope you are able to get this resolved.

If you are redeeming Visa Points towards a Free Cruise, C&A will tell you that you must pay at least $1.00 in order to earn your points.

Ohhhhhhhh! I knew I always get my C&A Points but I usually use them on Majesty 4 day cruises and just apply 15000 points here and there.

I have always paid a little something. Point taken. Thanks

furthermore you do not get points until AFTER your cruise is completed. I know you are worrying about this now but now sure how all of this will play out. Keep us posted.

Yes, but it is always better to straighten things out BEFORE the cruise rather than AFTER.

furthermore you do not get points until AFTER your cruise is completed. I know you are worrying about this now but now sure how all of this will play out. Keep us posted.

Yes, but it is always better to straighten things out BEFORE the cruise rather than AFTER.

I am thinking OP might be muddying the waters by asking for points before he has sailed. My advice is go on the cruise, wait a week or two, see if it posts then go from there. Does anybody think OP being from Australia could have anything to do with this? I know they have different rules there. OP, if you don't get the points, would you cancel the cruise? If not, I stand by my advice. If it's a dealbreaker, you can pursue it now. Question, what made you ask about it? Seems like you thought there would be a problem?

I think you are causing confusion by asking for points before you have sailed. I can guarantee if you drop this, sail and wait a few weeks you will see the points appear - all without the stress of countless phone calls and endless confusion. And, if by some error they don't appear, you can then push for them. But nothing will be done to "award" them beforehand.

I am thinking OP might be muddying the waters by asking for points before he has sailed. My advice is go on the cruise, wait a week or two, see if it posts then go from there. Does anybody think OP being from Australia could have anything to do with this? I know they have different rules there. OP, if you don't get the points, would you cancel the cruise? If not, I stand by my advice. If it's a dealbreaker, you can pursue it now. Question, what made you ask about it? Seems like you thought there would be a problem?

Hi Maureen

Cruising in muddy waters isnt my style . It was by only chance we got to know about this after applying to join the Captains Club on Celebrity Solstice,

As after the Voyager cruise we would have been Diamond status thus Elite with Captains Club. Thats how we found out about it.

Ive got to ask being an Aussie i dont know what OP refers to ?

With the issue of no points no cruise .. NO WAY!!! one cancelled cruise is enough..

Rob

Hi Maureen

Cruising in muddy waters isnt my style . It was by only chance we got to know about this after applying to join the Captains Club on Celebrity Solstice,

As after the Voyager cruise we would have been Diamond status thus Elite with Captains Club. Thats how we found out about it.

With the issue of no points no cruise .. NO WAY!!! one cancelled cruise is enough..

Rob

OP means original poster (the one that started the thread)

Hi Maureen

Cruising in muddy waters isnt my style .

With the issue of no points no cruise .. NO WAY!!! one cancelled cruise is enough.. Rob

I'm with you, beautiful blue seas for me! I also agree with not cancelling over points issues. :)

OP means original poster (the one that started the thread)

Thanks, Molly, AKA Ellen! Enjoy the Enchantment!

• 3 weeks later...
Patti is, of course, correct.

If you book a free cruise using Visa points, no C&A points. Pay to upgrade to a balcony = you get the points.

It is a good analogy. If you pay SOMETHING towards your cruise beyond "freebies", you get the points.

I asked C&A about that as I rack up points, and the agent there said that even on total freebies what they will do is put a nominal charge, like $1, against the cabin. That way as long as there is something paid, like you state, you get the points. No upgrade needed, just how they split the invoicing. That was a satisfactory answer from C&A in my opinion. I know that's not 100% on topic but it is a distinction. Edit: I see this was addressed on page 2.

OP, I see you are still having troubles with this. Have you contacted C&A desk/resolutions? Why would they not be able to charge you a nominal amount so that you get the points?

Edited by LMaxwell

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update guys

Enjoyed our cruise great ship great staff loved the GS

Emailed customer service x 2, Adam Goldstein 3 weeks ago no reply to date.

Whilst onboard i spoke to the loyalty ambassador and she emailed C&A Miami and the reply was sorry no points.

She explained that the additional $1785.52 we paid on top of the FCLs

was for port charges and taxes and gratuities. So therefore was a complimentary cruise.

Upon returning home I looked up my cruise invoice and the breakdown of additional payments were: Taxes and fees $556.08

Gratuities $595.64

Cruise fare $ 548.00

Which means we actually paid a fare in my mind.

Looks like someone has stuffed up when the FCLs were applied

I have sent off another email To C&A Australia to see if it can be sorted .

will keep you posted and thanks for all the advice

Regards Rob

• 2 weeks later...
Rob, if you had to pay anything for this cruise, they you have earned the points. Email Adam Goldstein at agoldstein@rccl.com

We had this happen to us about 5 years ago. I clearly think you deserve points if you are paying anything. Royal hopefully will do the 'right' thing!

They did in our case give us the cruise credit eventually after speaking to a 2nd person who had to speak to a manager. :)

Can anyone please define the word complimentary , just had an email from crown & anchor society denying us crown & anchor points for our next cruise as they say it is a complimentary cruise as we used future cruise credits and cash to pay for it.

These credits were from a cruise we had to cancel last year on medical grounds. We lost 45% of our payment . We thought we were doing the right thing by requesting FCLs instead of a cash refund. Now we cruise and miss out on 22 C&A points grrrrr so wrong Royal Caribbean !!!!!!

Had we received a cash refund and paid for it by cash we would be entitled to the points

Regards Rob

The Crown and Anchor Society email system is often not working right. I just got an unsolicited email from them, reminding me of my upcoming cruise in 7 days.....unfortunately we don't have an upcoming cruise in 7 days. I would love if they would give me a 'complimentary cruise' next week. On closer look in the small details, the email was about a cruise I HAD taken months ago.

Call RCCL/C&A division and talk with someone, and if it takes talking to more than 1 person, so be it.

The Crown and Anchor Society email system is often not working right. I just got an unsolicited email from them, reminding me of my upcoming cruise in 7 days.....unfortunately we don't have an upcoming cruise in 7 days. I would love if they would give me a 'complimentary cruise' next week. On closer look in the small details, the email was about a cruise I HAD taken months ago.

Call RCCL/C&A division and talk with someone, and if it takes talking to more than 1 person, so be it.

See Post #43, the OP, who is from Australia, had their situation resolved and were awarded the points.:)

Patti is, of course, correct.

If you book a free cruise using Visa points, no C&A points. Pay to upgrade to a balcony = you get the points.

It is a good analogy. If you pay SOMETHING towards your cruise beyond "freebies", you get the points.

Ask anyone on a poker cruise, like the one coming up on the Oasis on December 7.

I know the original poster's issue has been resolved, but wanted to add my own personal experience with this... won a cruise playing bingo, for that free cruise I upgraded us to a balcony cabin (so paid about $400 or so out of pocket for that ) and did not get cruise points for that cruise. I called, emailed, etc. to about 4 different people, all gave the same answer - free bingo cruise = no points, even if you upgrade. I let it go as I sail on a couple of lines and will never make it too high up on the loyalty program on either.

Just my experience, for what it is worth.