LIVE from Allure of the Seas, sailing November 17th!

Thank you so very much for your live cruise! I truly appreciate it and enjoying it tremendously! Happy Island Day!

How much was the cabanna and how many people are allowed to use it? Do they give you food and drink there.

Enjoy its a beautiful day there!

I am sorry that I totally missed this question. The price for our cabana was 225 and that covers up to 6 people. They won't allow any more than 6 per cabana. A buffet is included and you can get drinks but unless you have one of the drink packages, it will be charged to your seapass account. They do give you bottled water free of charge in the cooler of ice provided.

Edited by Bugsy4271

Ugh! I agree. I just don't get the complainers. It's fine to complain to guest services if something isn't going right, and I've done that myself, But to let it ruin an entire weeklong cruise is just nuts. It would have to be pretty serious stuff for something to impact my entire week.

I also don't see the need to push and shove to get anywhere. All it does is keep your anger level up, and make those around you angry as well. I feel the same way about San Antonio drivers :D :p

On our first cruise we had just finished dinner and commented to each other "What a great dinner". Someone walked by us complaining about how bad the food was. We wondered just what and where this person normally eats.

As for the pushy people in scooters, walkers wheelchairs, sometimes I would like to toss them overboard. I don't understand why they feel they have the right to run over people, push their way into already crowded elevators. I understand that they have limitations but really, they don't have any more rights than anyone else. A little common courtesy by all goes a long way.

I can speak for the scooter crowd. We normally don't have to do so but I was recuperating from a fractured ankle too slowly and had to rent a scooter for the first ( and only time hopefully).

I wasn't used to it and tended to move cautiously. I found if you sat patiently you could never get on an elevator because the able bodied just cut you off and pushed past you after you had carefully lined up the scooter to get on. After a few days of being treated like garbage by the able bodied you had to get aggressive to get anywhere. So I did.

Now that I am walking again if I see a scooter having trouble getting on I try to block some of the crowd and say "let the scooter on".

If you haven't walked in someone else's shoes.................

I can speak for the scooter crowd. We normally don't have to do so but I was recuperating from a fractured ankle too slowly and had to rent a scooter for the first ( and only time hopefully).

I wasn't used to it and tended to move cautiously. I found if you sat patiently you could never get on an elevator because the able bodied just cut you off and pushed past you after you had carefully lined up the scooter to get on. After a few days of being treated like garbage by the able bodied you had to get aggressive to get anywhere. So I did.

Now that I am walking again if I see a scooter having trouble getting on I try to block some of the crowd and say "let the scooter on".

If you haven't walked in someone else's shoes.................

I totally understand your feelings! We cruised with my mom in a travel wheelchair after she had a stroke. People were so rude, jumping in front of us trying to get her on the elevators, that it took 20-30 minutes most nights for us to get her on the elevator to go down a couple of floors to dinner. I don't think anyone should push and shove their way in front of others, able bodied or wheelchair/scooter users....why can't everyone just be nice?? Since experiencing that with my mom, now I am much more ready to get off an elevator and allow wheelchair/scooter users my space. I also, like you, try to be helpful to handicapped, if others are trying to push in front of them. I can walk the stairs, even though sometimes I have knee pains, but the wheelchair/scooter users can't.

So, please everyone reading here......just be patient and kind, whether you are able bodied or handicapped. It would make for a much better world.

I saw Dee and John, too. The other photo, I thought that was maybe Wendy and Tom in the dark pink shirts(standing together) and Chris in the medium blue shirt and jacket with camera in hand, but I only see one pink boa and fedora. Guess Wendy will have to tell us where she is in the photo.

Great review and thanks.....first timer on "o"....the people on what looks like a public balcony.....where is access to them? Thanks:p

Good morning friends! I am going to clarify my comment about the rudeness of people. Nowhere in my post did I say or insinuate that the only rude people are people on scooters or those that have mobility issues. There is rude behavior from all kinds of people, not just one group. I am referring to instances such as the man who ran into me while I was sitting at the Park Cafe having breakfast and it was not just a slight bump, he hit me hard enough to push me into the table and nearly caused me to spit up my food. When I politely said "excuse me I was sitting here." He just put his hands up like "oh well."

Or a friend of mine on another cruise who had his foot run over by someone on a scooter and then was told "you shouldn't have been standing there." Or the incident that Wendy can relate to when people rushed inside during her Freedom cruise because of a lightning storm and a man threatened to run a little kid over if he "got in his way again." THOSE kind of incidents. Most people with mobility issues are not that way.

And again... able bodied people can be just as rude if not worse. I clearly spelled that out in my original post. Such as the people who ignore the warnings at shows to not use flash photography or videotape. The people who curse and become obnoxious at a beach resort. People who find nothing but fault with a cruise. People who when they see the elevator is already packed, push their way in anyway and then won't move so people in the back can exit at their floor.

So I hope that clarifies what I meant and now back to the fun :) Although being in the cold Illinois weather is not my idea of fun :rolleyes:

Good morning friends! I am going to clarify my comment about the rudeness of people. Nowhere in my post did I say or insinuate that the only rude people are people on scooters or those that have mobility issues.

Agreed.....and no one on this board can justify the behavior of that scooter driver who ran into you while sitting at a table eating and didn't have the courtesy to at least apologize. That's quite different than trying to get on to an elevator.

And you are right.....rude people come from all walks. On that last night, I had to physically restrain my wife from chasing down and ripping the throat out of one of our own Roll Call members......but that's a whole another story, and why I have learned to have minimal involvement in roll calls.

But as to not allow this to overshadow your awesome review, let me just say the rudeness of others was only a minor inconvenience on this cruise. This was my 4th cruise on this ship class and even today, I still feel exhausted. It's like a cruise hangover. Oasis Class is just an awesome experience.

Agreed.....and no one on this board can justify the behavior of that scooter driver who ran into you while sitting at a table eating and didn't have the courtesy to at least apologize. That's quite different than trying to get on to an elevator.

And you are right.....rude people come from all walks. On that last night, I had to physically restrain my wife from chasing down and ripping the throat out of one of our own Roll Call members......but that's a whole another story, and why I have learned to have minimal involvement in roll calls.

But as to not allow this to overshadow your awesome review, let me just say the rudeness of others was only a minor inconvenience on this cruise. This was my 4th cruise on this ship class and even today, I still feel exhausted. It's like a cruise hangover. Oasis Class is just an awesome experience.

Thanks Paul. And I agree with your statement about Oasis class... no matter how many times you sail on Oasis or Allure you're still blown away by these two incredible ships

I try to think of my cruises as ALL positive experiences but you are correct, the rudeness of some folks are something else - We also shake our heads at those folks who take Flash photographs at shows when they are told NOT to - but mostly, I also hate it when they SAVE seats - somehow, they get away with that too - I just don't like it when I am in the back of the elevator and no one from the front Moves to let me out and when they do, they give ME a dirty look-- ha!ha! When I encounter super nice folks, I feel happy and think, wow, that's great - !!! just had to get some of negative those things out.... Carol

As always, great review Bugsy! I hope you don't catch the post Allure OTS depression like I did! :p:D I may have to try Mr. Sancho's when I'm in Cozumel in April. I just want to relax on the beach, anything else you can think of to help me decide?

Until next time!

I personally really enjoy chankanaab national park if looking for a place to relax with some good snorkeling! There was maybe 15-20 people the day we went last fall.

Edited by efields2

Good morning friends! I am going to clarify my comment about the rudeness of people. Nowhere in my post did I say or insinuate that the only rude people are people on scooters or those that have mobility issues. There is rude behavior from all kinds of people, not just one group. I am referring to instances such as the man who ran into me while I was sitting at the Park Cafe having breakfast and it was not just a slight bump, he hit me hard enough to push me into the table and nearly caused me to spit up my food. When I politely said "excuse me I was sitting here." He just put his hands up like "oh well."

Or a friend of mine on another cruise who had his foot run over by someone on a scooter and then was told "you shouldn't have been standing there." Or the incident that Wendy can relate to when people rushed inside during her Freedom cruise because of a lightning storm and a man threatened to run a little kid over if he "got in his way again." THOSE kind of incidents. Most people with mobility issues are not that way.

And again... able bodied people can be just as rude if not worse. I clearly spelled that out in my original post. Such as the people who ignore the warnings at shows to not use flash photography or videotape. The people who curse and become obnoxious at a beach resort. People who find nothing but fault with a cruise. People who when they see the elevator is already packed, push their way in anyway and then won't move so people in the back can exit at their floor.

So I hope that clarifies what I meant and now back to the fun :) Although being in the cold Illinois weather is not my idea of fun :rolleyes:

They think they own the ship. I have had them expect you get off the elevator to let them get on and take over. EXCUSE ME WHO IS ON THIS ELEVATER

Edited by tigger-ttfn

Thanks for another amazing review Chris! I just spent a few hours (well spent ;)) of my day off reading all 35 pages.

We're going to be on the May 11 Allure sailing and were so sad to hear that you wouldn't be able to make it. Nevertheless, I look forward to reading your review of the Navigator!

Thanks for another amazing review Chris! I just spent a few hours (well spent ;)) of my day off reading all 35 pages.

We're going to be on the May 11 Allure sailing and were so sad to hear that you wouldn't be able to make it. Nevertheless, I look forward to reading your review of the Navigator!

Thanks Dave. I couldn't wait to go on Allure again and had to change plans from originally doing Celebrity Reflection in December as I couldn't get the time off then. I am anxious to see the new offerings aboard Navigator and can't wait to report "live" from there :)

When you signed up for the unlimited internet package, did you have to go to Guest Services for that? Is that something we can do as soon as we board?? We want to get that sorted before it gets too busy on the ship.

I did not have to go to guest services but wasn't able to sign up and purchase it until we left Port Everglades.