LIVE from Allure of the Seas, sailing November 17th!

Well I can only go by what I experienced on this sailing and I liked the staff a lot.

Just goes to show you how customer service is so difficult. Of all the wonderfull service I had on the Allure what do I remember the one bad encounter all week.

I sailed on the Allure last May and found the bar staff a bit distant. One night I went to the boardwalk Bar the only customer and the bartender ignored me. When I finally got his attention he was annoyed that I wanted to spend money at his bar. I only wish I could of deleted his automatic gratuity.

Currently, the Boardwalk Bar bartenders are Rom and Olexandre. They are fantastic. I agree with Chris.....there wasn't bad service to be found at any of the bars. Huge kudos to the current Allure bar staff.

Chris,

Thanks a bunch. Great and good variety of pictures. Now looking forward even more to our cruise in a month +.

Where is the secret spot where Wendy took the picture of you 3 guys. Looks very relaxing.

Welcome home.

Count me in as one who wants to know the answer to that too, it looks yummy. I always say cruises go by way too fast but reading this review want by fast also. I am going to miss reading this every morning before work, it gave me a wonderful preview of my October cruise.

Chris,

I just found a thread you might be interested in.Go to CC Princess

"Crown Princess on tv" Post #1 Shogun. It is a video of a reporter speaking about what is new with all the different cruise lines including RCL and where the Anthem is rumored to be based.

Sali

I am home friends! For those that wanted to know what the drink was that I had before dessert in Giovanni's, it was a kahlua coffee with whipped cream :)

I am wore out from the trip home so I will finish up the review tomorrow my friends. Goodnight for now....

Great review Chris! Thanks for taking us along. I enjoy the Allure too more than the Oasis. Will be cruising on the Celebrity Eclipse for 14 days over Christmas. First time on Celebrity and first 14 day cruise. It has a wonderful southern itinerary. Did you try breakfast at the Wipe out cafe? We enjoyed their breakfasts. When is your next cruise?

Always like following your reviews '

& photos. Welcome home!

Linda

Good morning friends! There were very few complaints I had about this cruise and Allure. I guess the only real complaint was the second formal night. We had reservations to dine at 8 pm because of the Prohibition Party at 10:30 and even though we had reservations, we didn't get seated till 50 minutes AFTER our reservation time. We had to rush through dinner in order to make the Prohibition Party on time and while we still enjoyed ourselves, we were really wore out afterwards.

I guess the thing is maybe they shouldn't hold the Prohibition Party on the same night as lobster night in the MDR or at least honor the reservation time we had.

Now for the one thing that I say you can't miss and the one thing that really angered me, and you might be surprised(then again maybe not) what the thing that angered me was...

What you can't miss? A chance to experience this incredible ship! Allure, along with her sister Oasis, is simply a ship everyone should experience at least once. I am hooked on this class, just like the Solstice class ships of Celebrity. I know some people are daunted by the size but believe me there is so much to do, and crowds are never an issue.

My best advice is don't try to do everything on these ships in a week or you won't enjoy your cruise. Pick what you want to do and do that and kick back, relax, and enjoy what this incredible class of ships have to offer :)

Along with Dale(MrFunInTheSun) we were both extremely frustrated and disappointed with the wi fi aboard Allure. I know it uses satellites and there's only so much bandwidth but I kept reading that it was going to be upgraded on Allure hence the unlimited package for a week offering. I never saw the benefits of this upgrade if there was one.

It was super slow, no matter what time of the day you logged in. There's no way that many people can be using it at all times of the day so I hope this is something that can and will be fixed.

Great photos, thanks for sharing with us. I get to experience this awesome ship in a few weeks time. How much time did you dedicate daily or overall during the week to doing your review? Were you posting right off of a mobile device or did you have to transfer photos to a laptop and work from there?

Thank you so much for the review. I found your Silhouette Live Review and read that as well. We are cruising both the Silhouette (March) and Allure (June) soon and are so excited at our first Celebrity cruise and our first cruise on the Oasis class of ship. My only worry is that on Celebrity there won't be enough to do at night. Probably unfounded but we like the shows, piano bar, etc. I know we'll be fine, but it is in the back of my mind that the evenings will be too sedate (not that we're big party people, by no means!).

Did you like the beverage package? We have that on the Silhouette and I am thinking of getting it for myself and my sons for the Allure, especially now that my wife is not required to pay for it because she shares our cabin. Anyways, thanks so much for your reviews. I know they take time and effort but they are much appreciated.

Great review Chris! Thanks for taking us along. I enjoy the Allure too more than the Oasis. Will be cruising on the Celebrity Eclipse for 14 days over Christmas. First time on Celebrity and first 14 day cruise. It has a wonderful southern itinerary. Did you try breakfast at the Wipe out cafe? We enjoyed their breakfasts. When is your next cruise?

Always like following your reviews '

& photos. Welcome home!

Linda

Great photos, thanks for sharing with us. I get to experience this awesome ship in a few weeks time. How much time did you dedicate daily or overall during the week to doing your review? Were you posting right off of a mobile device or did you have to transfer photos to a laptop and work from there?

1. Did not try breakfast in Wipeout so that will be on my list next time

2. Next cruise will be May 4th aboard Navigator out of Galveston

3. I did not keep track of the time to do the review. I know it was a lot but it doesn't matter, the end result is worth it. I transferred photos to a laptop and worked from there