LIVE from Allure of the Seas, sailing November 17th!

And finally as promised, the one thing that really angered me on this cruise. And it had nothing to do with the ship or the ports. I know this will come as a surprise to no one as it has been discussed a lot on these boards.

It's just the absolute rudeness of people! People who shove their way past you, people on scooters that run into you and then act like it's your fault they hit you, people who complain about everything on a cruise, never smile, just always looking for stuff to complain about. How do you even enjoy a vacation? Why do you bother to go on one?

People who were at Mr. Sancho's that cursed endlessly and so loud that the entire place could hear them. People who sit at a comedy show and during the whole performance are pissed off at the world. Why do you even bother to go?

People who hear the announcement before a show saying repeatedly "Do not use flash photography. Do not videotape." And then do it anyway and then get pissed when they get busted. Hey geniuses, THEY TOLD YOU NOT TO DO IT.

I know I shouldn't be surprised at this behavior but it's a cruise folks, for once try enjoying yourselves instead of being miserable all the time and seeing how many people you can tick off in the process. And of course, I am not referring to anyone of this thread or my friends. I'm sure they feel the same way I do about it

So with that final note, LIVE from Allure of the Seas has concluded. I hope I did the best job possible on this and that everyone enjoyed it. It was a lot of fun and I will definitely sail on Oasis and Allure again.

Stay tuned as I will start a thread probably later today about the Prohibition Party on Allure!

Thanks for tuning in everyone! :)

Chris,

I just wanted to echo what so many people have been saying, yours is one of the most complete postings I have seen on Allure, and I have read every word you have written, as my wife an I are currently 13 days out from leaving on her for an Eastern trip on 8 December.

This will be our first trip on this class ship, and we are really looking forward to spending time on board, and meeting new friends.

Many, many thanks for all the great photos of the ship and the things that go on there. I'm really looking forward to seeing them myself in less than two weeks.

Tractor Tom in Okeechobee, FL

Did you like the beverage package? We have that on the Silhouette and I am thinking of getting it for myself and my sons for the Allure, especially now that my wife is not required to pay for it because she shares our cabin. ...........

Did I miss something here --- on RCI/Allure everyone in the cabin doesn't have to purchase the beverage package? thanks, Ken

And finally as promised, the one thing that really angered me on this cruise. And it had nothing to do with the ship or the ports. I know this will come as a surprise to no one as it has been discussed a lot on these boards.

It's just the absolute rudeness of people! People who shove their way past you, people on scooters that run into you and then act like it's your fault they hit you, people who complain about everything on a cruise, never smile, just always looking for stuff to complain about. How do you even enjoy a vacation? Why do you bother to go on one?

People who were at Mr. Sancho's that cursed endlessly and so loud that the entire place could hear them. People who sit at a comedy show and during the whole performance are pissed off at the world. Why do you even bother to go?

People who hear the announcement before a show saying repeatedly "Do not use flash photography. Do not videotape." And then do it anyway and then get pissed when they get busted. Hey geniuses, THEY TOLD YOU NOT TO DO IT.

I know I shouldn't be surprised at this behavior but it's a cruise folks, for once try enjoying yourselves instead of being miserable all the time and seeing how many people you can tick off in the process. And of course, I am not referring to anyone of this thread or my friends. I'm sure they feel the same way I do about it

Thanks for taking the time giving the great review! I agree about the rude people on the ship. My first couple of cruise I used to get upset at seeing some of the stuff these people do. Thank goodness that I learned that I cannot change people I can only change myself. My cruises have been much more enjoyable since then. I now either walk away or smile and shake my head. I will never forget the time on the Mariner an elderly lady was screaming at one of the crew at the Cafe Promenade because they ran out of coffee stirrers. She made a big scene and started going table to table to try and get everyone on her side. When she got to our table she said can you believe this and I said no I can't! I said do you know what I did to stir my coffee she said what? I said I walked over to the Sandwich - Dessert counter and got a spoon! She gave me a dirty look and called me an ass! Everyone around stared laughing and she left. Every time I saw her the rest of the week she turned her head.

Glad someone else from LaSalle County loves The Allure as much as we do!

Let me echo this complaint...this sailing had a very large international crowd on board and I have no problem saying many of the cultures are not community oriented. The rudeness, line cutting and overall obnoxious and selfish behavior was some of the worst I have seen on a cruise.

Along with Dale(MrFunInTheSun) we were both extremely frustrated and disappointed with the wi fi aboard Allure. I know it uses satellites and there's only so much bandwidth but I kept reading that it was going to be upgraded on Allure hence the unlimited package for a week offering. I never saw the benefits of this upgrade if there was one.

It was super slow, no matter what time of the day you logged in. There's no way that many people can be using it at all times of the day so I hope this is something that can and will be fixed.

On our May Allure cruise we had decent WIFI. We didn't try to upload photos but navigated the internet at a pretty decent speed.

Hey Bugsy - nice to have you home cuz now we can go back to our Normal way of chatting - but sorry your cruise had to end cuz we all know how much fun it is to be ON a cruise at any Moment - sorry for all the rudeness from folks - that's what we notice also - but we just behave "ourselves" and have a super great time no matter what, even tho we are getting run over by fast scooter drivers and they and strollers and wheelchairs Often come into the elevators even when they are aleady full and squeeze themselves in - and apparently the folks already in the elevators give in and let themselves be shoved in the back... and most of the time the ones in the back are the ones who need to get off First - and then folks in the front are slow in moving to let them the backpeople off!

anyway, welcome home = til your next review! You'll love sailing from NOLA.

Host Corkey

Hey Bugsy - nice to have you home cuz now we can go back to our Normal way of chatting - but sorry your cruise had to end cuz we all know how much fun it is to be ON a cruise at any Moment - sorry for all the rudeness from folks - that's what we notice also - but we just behave "ourselves" and have a super great time no matter what, even tho we are getting run over by fast scooter drivers and they and strollers and wheelchairs Often come into the elevators even when they are aleady full and squeeze themselves in - and apparently the folks already in the elevators give in and let themselves be shoved in the back... and most of the time the ones in the back are the ones who need to get off First - and then folks in the front are slow in moving to let them the backpeople off!

anyway, welcome home = til your next review! You'll love sailing from NOLA.

Host Corkey

Well if you're talking about the Navigator cruise, that will be out of Galveston. She's gonna be homeported out of there now

Well if you're talking about the Navigator cruise, that will be out of Galveston. She's gonna be homeported out of there now

oops = got confused, as usual - we were on the Navigator last Feb and we sailed out of New Orleans - thinking it's still going to be there - Galveston sounds like a nice place to sail from also - anyway, you will have fun and I am looking forward to your Review from that ship also - we enjoyed the Nav... Host Corkey

It needed to be said....THANK YOU!!!!

BILL

Thank you again for the wonderful review. I am one of those people who tries to do everything and I get off the ship more tired than when I went on. I have not mastered the art of pacing myself. I think I will have to work on that though, I really want to enjoy myself on this cruise rather than thinking about what I am missing. I have never sat by the pool and just relaxed, I am going to make that a goal in October.

Chris feel the same way.On our Oasis cruise my DW was talking to this lady up in Solarium as I came along and nothing on the ship could please her:confused:After chatting for a while found out she sailed on Carnival and her TA told her she would not enjoy RCL so did not have an open mind.My feeling is I am paying for this cruise & going to enjoy it.We had issues on our Allure cruise but just over looked them and enjoyed ourselves.Thank you again brought back many memories as we w just sailed on her last May:D

Ugh! I agree. I just don't get the complainers. It's fine to complain to guest services if something isn't going right, and I've done that myself, But to let it ruin an entire weeklong cruise is just nuts. It would have to be pretty serious stuff for something to impact my entire week.

I also don't see the need to push and shove to get anywhere. All it does is keep your anger level up, and make those around you angry as well. I feel the same way about San Antonio drivers :D :p

I am home friends! For those that wanted to know what the drink was that I had before dessert in Giovanni's, it was a kahlua coffee with whipped cream :)

I am wore out from the trip home so I will finish up the review tomorrow my friends. Goodnight for now....

Thank you for that answer about the drink. One time I was place in charge of a blender, Kahlua, Vodka, chocolate milk mix, and ice. Strange night at the House of Tanzer22pilot......

Great blog!

As always, great review Bugsy! I hope you don't catch the post Allure OTS depression like I did! :p:D I may have to try Mr. Sancho's when I'm in Cozumel in April. I just want to relax on the beach, anything else you can think of to help me decide?

Until next time!

As always, great review Bugsy! I hope you don't catch the post Allure OTS depression like I did! :p:D I may have to try Mr. Sancho's when I'm in Cozumel in April. I just want to relax on the beach, anything else you can think of to help me decide?

Until next time!

Sancho's is great as is Nachi Cocom. You can't go wrong with either one IMHO