What does it mean when your cabin number disappears?

HokiePoq

Did you indicate "Do Not Upgrade" when you made the reservation?

If you didn't, maybe an upgrade is in your future.

I can hope!!! No, I didn't put that and should have. I've been into the deck plans and while I had a specific number, the guarantee is for the kind of cabin I chose. I'll be happy if I get that or better, but "better" is subjective. I like the category's location but find only about 6-8 of that kind.

Will double check documents and check with TA.

Thanks to everyone for the good advice.

We'd chosen a specific cabin for our upcoming Westerdam cruise and it appeared in our booking for months. Now it's gone, replaced by only the category. Have we lost the particular cabin we selected for its location and design?

Now, I'm checking our reservations every few days - scared they'll take our cabins away!

Yay! The bug is back....:D Has the bug been traveling?

The fish are cute.

Oh? And the bug is not?

Now, I'm checking our reservations every few days - scared they'll take our cabins away!

Yay! The bug is back....:D Has the bug been traveling?

Yes, on a cruise. Not HAL of course, they don't allow bugs (do they?)

Oh? And the bug is not?

Yes, on a cruise. Not HAL of course, they don't allow bugs (do they?)

Too be honest the bug drives me nuts because I keep thinking it's real. Someone on the Princess board has it too so I'm happy not to be reading both boards.

Wish the OP would come back.

We'd chosen a specific cabin for our upcoming Westerdam cruise and it appeared in our booking for months. Now it's gone, replaced by only the category. Have we lost the particular cabin we selected for its location and design?

I guess I missed something in all the conversation, however,, here is my summary -- the OP picked a cabin, allowed for an upgrade, and now is in 'limbo' waiting for the result. If I am correct on this OP needs to call the travel agent or HAL and find out what is going on. Whenever I've 'allowed for an upgrade' when it happened the new cabin showed up immediately. I've never done a guarantee so....

Edited by momatibm

I guess I missed something in all the conversation, however,, here is my summary -- the OP picked a cabin, allowed for an upgrade, and now is in 'limbo' waiting for the result. If I am correct on this OP needs to call the travel agent or HAL and find out what is going on. Whenever I've 'allowed for an upgrade' when it happened the new cabin showed up immediately. I've never done a guarantee so....

Yes, that very thing was suggested several times.