Allure or Oasis?

This question may have already been asked but for those that have sailed on both the Allure and Oasis, which one did you prefer, and why? I'm looking at my 2015 cruise and I can't decide which one of these I want to cruise on so I'm looking for feedback from those cruisers that have sailed on both.

Thanks in advance!!

Allure is the newest, I like that the most. Starbucks and the particular shows swayed me...they are quite similar otherwise. At the time we booked, we were able to get a better suite on the Allure.

It does depend on the itinerary at the time of sailing, and I'm sure the shows will be different as well.

The Quantum will be sailing by then and will be the newest at the time you sail.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by Pebbles468

This question may have already been asked but for those that have sailed on both the Allure and Oasis, which one did you prefer, and why? I'm looking at my 2015 cruise and I can't decide which one of these I want to cruise on so I'm looking for feedback from those cruisers that have sailed on both.

Thanks in advance!!

We sailed the first three cruises on each of those beautiful ships and I can say without a doubt..............the one you should book is ........................ both!

I'm sure lots of folks have their favorite and we (DW & I) have ours. None of our reasons for the f'avorite tag 'have anything to do with ports or coffee. So, even if you do one this year and one next year just go ahead and do both! You will be glad you did. :D

We liked Allure better, even though Oasis' entertainment superior IMO (but to be fair CHICAGO is just not my cup of tea- Hairspray on Oasis is out of this world.)

We missed the Doghouse not being on Oasis but my son liked getting Donuts at the Donut Shop all hours of the day on Oasis (on Allure they are available only in the AM). We much preferred Rita's to Seafood Shack and Samba to Solarium Bistro (although we did not try the Bistro)

This is likely an issue due to booking times or possibly reduced prices causing fuller ships now but our Oasis cruise was much , MUCH more crowded and had an older average age than Allure. (Could be sailing Nov vs late September was a factor in that though. Interestingly the one with MORE kids was the Sept 18-25 cruise. Things that make you go Hmm...)

Both have Starbucks and are otherwise essentially identical. We loved both but overall enjoyed our cruise on Allure just a tad more. I'm of the opinion that you can't go wrong with either though!

Bon Voyage!

Edited by nenner1

Go for price and itinerary. Both ships are fantastic. Depends on how important eating venues are to you. Allure has Rita's instead of the Seafood Shack (my wife doesn't eat seafood), the Doghouse (i do like the Doghouse), Samba Grill. Otherwise they are about identical. We did Allure in March and Oasis in Sep. We did Allure with a group. We did Oasis because of price. So, I'd definitely shop price and itinerary. You really can't tell much difference. Of course Allure is bigger (6 cm), so that may be a factor. :)

Thanks everyone for the responses. I'm leaning toward Allure first and then taking the advice of booking Oasis while on board. My next question, who had a boardwalk balcony? I'm curious as to whether it was noisy or not?

Edited by Babyrocko1908

Thanks everyone for the responses. I'm leaning toward Allure first and then taking the advice of booking Oasis while on board. My next question, who had a boardwalk balcony? I'm curious as to whether it was noisy or not?

I depends on where your cabin is located as to the noise you will hear. We stayed in a Central Park cabin but friends of our had Boardwalk balconies and they had no complaints. The higher deck you are on, the more noise you will get from the sports deck/teen area.

We loved both but Allure won out by a bit: Staff was a bit better; Captain Johnny was terrific; But, Oasis had Richard Spacey when we went which was a + for Oasis. But, Ken Rush on Allure was VERY, VERY GOOD!!!!!!!

We really enjoyed him. Hot Dog stand stood out---so Allure, by a "nose"...........

We have done the allure 4x and the oasis once. Maybe because we did the Allure first we like that better. Both are beautiful. We are not big show people so for us they were similar.

The car on Royal Promenade is better on the Allure. Not a major thing I knew, but For us we liked the general atmosphere of the Allure better. But again it could be that we did that one four times before we did the Oasis. I do like Saturday to Saturday better so that is better for the oasis. You can't go wrong either way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I depends on where your cabin is located as to the noise you will hear. We stayed in a Central Park cabin but friends of our had Boardwalk balconies and they had no complaints. The higher deck you are on, the more noise you will get from the sports deck/teen area.

We had a Boardwalk balcony and the noise was a factor. They have some late night activities in the Aqua Theater and they have the speakers turned up way too loud. If you don't go to bed until, say 11pm, it won't be an issue. We are early to bed, early to rise people and found it quite unsettling.

I have not done Oasis, but have done Allure 2X.

That being said, I booked Allure because of a friend that had been on both and relayed to me their opinion that Allure was the best of the two.

I absolutely would not hesitate to book Allure again. We loved Rita's Cantina, and headline show, and that was the only real difference that I saw in the two ships other than the leaving on Saturday vs leaving on Sunday!

We had a Boardwalk balcony and the noise was a factor. They have some late night activities in the Aqua Theater and they have the speakers turned up way too loud. If you don't go to bed until, say 11pm, it won't be an issue. We are early to bed, early to rise people and found it quite unsettling.

Good point. We were rarely in our cabins before 11 pm; most things had quieted down by then. We are booked for a Boardwalk balcony on the Allure for our next cruise, but for us, I don't think it will be an issue. Plus, we like that we can see the ocean.

Boardwalk balcony is my favorite unless we get a suite. I like seeing the action of people on the boat and the water. It can be loud,,but typically not past 11 except on the night they show the movie Grease. And it's not cranked, but if you are a light sleeper you might want earplugs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk