Captain's Club Website updated NOW

omeinv

But that is probably the point. They could not afford to keep making it so easy to get the rewards. And they DID grandfather everyone who earned them under the old, easier method.

Now the question is how many people who are just starting out (maybe with less than 2 or 3 of the old points) will now look elsewhere. I don't know about any other cruise lines except RCL but it is only slightly easier to progress there. I would bet that the program is competitive. These people are not so great with shore-based customer service, but they aren't stupid :D.

I agree, my only complaint would be with upcoming booked cruises. If you had booked and paid for a Concierge cabin expecting an extra point, they have now changed that. For a person who has an upcoming paid for 7 day cruise in concierge it would be 35 points. That is much different than the 60 point equivalent points they were expecting when they booked that class of cabin. It would seem more fair if they honored the 30 to one conversion on currently held reservations too.

If I had taken 2 five night cruises instead of one of my 11 night I would be elite plus now. I Cruise twice a year doing at least 10 night cruises a year and I will never make elite plus now. I had 24 credits.

Jill, you just need 750 for Elite +. 24 x 30 = 720. So you are not that far off. Two or three cruises will get you there.

Hal rewards spending on the ship. The more you spend on art auctions, excursions and drinks, the more points you get. I thought that 10 points were too few to warrant the cocktail hours, etc. It took me 11 years to get my 35 points.

Also, I just called the CC desk.

Points are:

Inside and Oceanview = 2/day

Veranda = 3/day

CC and Aqua class = 5/day

All above = 8/day

Elite plus can get comp one in class category upgrade eg. C3-C2

I don't see it as almost impossible to reach the higher levels. Not at all!!

If you get to Elite+ or Zenith much depends on your age.

I suppose if you are in your 60s or 70s it would be hard to reach the top but for us in our 40s who cruises 2-4 times a year its not a hard task at all.

I would say a big "thank you" to Celebrity for recognizing who your future is.

Sorry but 215 1 week cruises to reach Zenith is not doable. Unless I started when I was born.

Jill, you just need 750 for Elite +. 24 x 30 = 720. So you are not that far off. Two or three cruises will get you there.

I would be there now if we had done those two 4 or 5 night cruises instead of one 10 or 11. That is what gets me, they didn't go for days at sea or we would have made it. Can't wait till we cruise with you again. Someday!

It is the Browser or more probably iPad. When I use my iPad Safari my Elite+ and points flash on and go away. On my PC IE and Chrome, it stays.

So I used my iPad Chrome and it didn't stay. Could be an iOS compatibility issue since we don't have Flash Player or other 'stuff' on iPad.

As you can see from my use of very technical terms such as 'stuff', I'm a very knowledgable guy on this. Just my guess of it being an iPad/iOS issue.

Den

I would be there now if we had done those two 4 or 5 night cruises instead of one 10 or 11. That is what gets me, they didn't go for days at sea or we would have made it. Can't wait till we cruise with you again. Someday!

Yes hopefully we will cruise together soon. Right now we have nothing booked.

They had the program from the early 90s, I got mine on the Meridian which was Celebrity's first ship, prior to the first new builds, Horizon and Zenith.

We too were on he Meridian but in the mid 90s. I remember the days where you had to pay to be a member of the Captain's Club.

We are Elite + now, about 1/2 way to Zenith, but don't see us being ever that level. Would be interesting to find out how may are Elite + and how many are at the Zenith level.

It's interesting that they are giving bonus points to people who are near the Elite level, but nothing to people who are near the Elite Plus level. Yes, I get that the Elite plus level didn't exist prior to the conversion, but I wonder how they justify not giving the same amount of bonus points to people that are above the Elite level, and theoretically have demonstrated "even more loyalty to Celebrity".

Someone who has spent enough $$ to reach 270 points gets a bonus of 16 points, but someone who has spent enough $$$$$ to reach 720 points doesn't get the same consideration? Hardly an equitable proram. (Doesn't affect me, by the way. Just sayin'.)

It's interesting that they are giving bonus points to people who are near the Elite level, but nothing to people who are near the Elite Plus level. Yes, I get that the Elite plus level didn't exist prior to the conversion, but I wonder how they justify not giving the same amount of bonus points to people that are above the Elite level, and theoretically have demonstrated "even more loyalty to Celebrity".

Someone who has spent enough $$ to reach 270 points gets a bonus of 16 points, but someone who has spent enough $$$$$ to reach 720 points doesn't get the same consideration? Hardly an equitable proram. (Doesn't affect me, by the way. Just sayin'.)

Only a untrue rumor.

There are NO BONUS points in the conversion, only a very SIMPLE Conversion of 30 to 1 from your previously earned points.

Edited by Shake

ITA!!! Seems to be the case with upgrades, too. I feel they look at loyalty as ...we already have you as a customer more important that we get the newbies loyalty.

Several posters have reported being given bonuses over & above the 30 to 1.

Rose Colored Glasses. :cool:

I'm pulling for them but it's not happening, just stating a fact.

It's a simple 30 to 1 coversion ratio, ONLY. NO ADDITION Bonus Points are awarded with the conversion.

Sorry but 215 1 week cruises to reach Zenith is not doable. Unless I started when I was born.

Using the updated guidelines, you can either choose to continue sailing insides or get there more than twice as fast by choosing concierge or above. What's it really worth to you personally to reach that next level?

Inside and Oceanview = 2/day

Veranda = 3/day

CC and Aqua class = 5/day

All above = 8/day

I have two points to make here:

First: How do you know that they are not giving the same amount of bonus points to those above Elite?

It appears the only people receiving bonus points are those very close to a tier, within one cruise. Until we either see some reports from Elite members in a similar situation (within one cruise of a tier above Elite) or until they release the criteria for those receiving a "bonus", which they may never do, we won't know if these people will receive a bonus or not. Remember the bonus points are not being awarded to everyone - just those very close to a new tier.

Second, even if they don't award the bonus points to those very close to Elite+ or Zenith the situation is different. In the cases we've seen someone might have been working a plan to get to Select or Elite and been just about there. But no one could have had specific plans to meet a level they didn't know anything about and which hasn't even actually been announced yet.

Edited by Lsimon

I'm sensing a lot of feelings of entitlement. This is a rewards program. There is no valid reason the top level should be easy to reach (or even the top 2 or 3 levels).

Why would anyone expect the new rules to apply to old sailings and count days? The old program rules were what they were. Now there is a new program with new rules. Celebrity converted the old earnings in a pretty generous way and some posters say they see their old points times 30 plus a bonus. Why doubt them?

Now everyone is under the new rules which are designed to reward loyalty in a new manner while making the program sustainable. If it had not changed, eventually elite would have been meaningless as everyone would be there and no company can give everybody everything.

Edited by bob278

It's a simple 30 to 1 coversion ratio, ONLY. NO ADDITION Bonus Points are awarded with the conversion.

So my screen shot shows bonus points, are you saying that is wrong and those will be taken away? With the bonus points and the cruses I have booked I will be elite when I would have been in the old system. Without the bonus I would not. It appears they decided to give people with 7, 8 or 9 points bonus to help make sure they hit elite in close to the same number of cruises as before. But maybe they will take the bonus points away before the official start, who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So why have several posters reported that they were awarded bonus points as they were "so close" to the next level. How can you know they did NOT get these points?

Well, I guess I'll have to believe you since you use more capital letters than they did.

Bonus Points for those close to Elite.

Well how about taking credits away for an Elite close to Elite+

Why would I have 25 credits the other day and now only 19????

I sent a letter to them. I might as well cancel the 6 celebrity cruises

next year I have on deposit and go do all Royal. I will make it to

Diamond Plus quicker.

Lets see how long it takes for them to get back to me.

I finally figured out the conversion; 2 previous cruises, one in AQ 90 points. I have one more AQ 10-day booked, so even though I am nowhere near attaining elite or elite plus, I enjoy Celebrity much more than I do Princess, and will be happy to sail with them. This system seems equitable to me

Bonus Points for those close to Elite.

Well how about taking credits away for an Elite close to Elite+

Why would I have 25 credits the other day and now only 19????

I sent a letter to them. I might as well cancel the 6 celebrity cruises

next year I have on deposit and go do all Royal. I will make it to

Diamond Plus quicker.

Lets see how long it takes for them to get back to me.

If those 25 credits were correct, you should be able to get them back. Have you lost cruises in your history?

When the rumors of impending changes started, I downloaded my history in case I needed to recover any (of course we still have almost al of our sea pass cards so proving them would be relatively easy).