Captain's Club Website updated NOW

omeinv

I am also a Founding member too. Paid $25.00 to join. I sailed on the Zenith in 1992 and loved my first cruise with Celebrity. They can make me a Zenith member and I would skip right over Elite Plus.:D:D

I thought we paid $35.00 to join. I did have the paper work at one time, but have no clue what happened to it since it's been so long.

I thought we paid $35.00 to join. I did have the paper work at one time, but have no clue what happened to it since it's been so long.

CruisingChick - When we joined it was $35. We missed going on Zenith, but we were on the sister ship Horizon. It was a nice little ship and the service and food was excellent under Michel Roux. We really miss him.

I am glad others see it my way... It would be nice if they bumped all their past loyal customers up - to get things going at the Zenith level. :)

I say anyone with more than 10 years in the program at the current Elite level or another possibility -- at least make us Elite Plus...

Happy Friday...:)

Though you can check out your cruising history, which you probably have already done, you must be able to prove you were on a particular ship at a particular time. My wife succeeded in having points credited because she had documents from an ancient cruise. Celebrity didn't know who they were dealing with.:D

LOL!!! Now I just have to try and remember all the cruises AND figure out out what ones are missing.......grrrrrrrr!

I'm really enjoying this thread and enjoying the jesting.

Can you picture the 'Zenith' member who does have 3000 pts (100 current-type I guess) sitting in the Michael's Club Concierge Lounge with all the other 3000pt Zenith members??? Boy, that would be interesting sitting in some Lounge.....All By Yourself!! Ha!

Well, it won't quite be their own private club because it looks like they will need to share it with the VIP people who get it too.

Maybe they will also get to use that red carpet at the port that was discussed a while back, if they still have that and they don't mind the snickering.

I think I'll be an Elite Plus and iI'll make Zenith about the time I turn 90!!
Hopefully you will be a lively 90 year old, like Betty White, and will get to fully enjoy the Zenith benefits.

If we are still around by that time and still following Cruise Critic, we will look forward to reading your reports about being Zenith, a level that many of us do not expect to attain ourselves unless our life expectancy is somehow extended into the 22nd century. ;)

I know we are all making guesses and hopes on various ways of getting 'up the food chain' of Celebrity Tiers, but I recently read an article on how studies are finding that the more choices people have, the less satisfied they are, and the higher expectations they have, the higher chance of being disappointed. No matter how much logic is applied, they are unhappy.

Knowing most of us are posting 'wouldn't it be neat if...' and then saying how good it would be if Celebrity brought in those of us who have been in Capt Club for extended times (been on it for about 16yrs or so), or grandfather (or Grandmother?) us in if we were Founders and so on, but we could be setting ourselves up to be unhappy with whatever we get.

Hopefully, we all realize this is just fun fantasy. Celebrity isn't going to give us such great deals 'just because'. And hopefully, we don't get ourselves into some box of how 'right' it would be for us get to some tier just because we first cruised on Celebrity a long while ago.

If I had cruised exclusively on Celebrity since joining Capt Club, I may have approached Zenith (well, maybe approached it...kind of), but I didn't and I enjoyed all my cruises on RCL, Princess, Cruise West (dead and buried), and (dare I confess!) Carnival.

I agree with an earlier post that 'Zenith' will be for those that have cruised Celebrity almost exclusively for many years, and have racked up the big points, and Celebrity will offer it up to special Suites as a hook to spend the big buck. The Point will be to get us to spend that Big Buck, not to thank us for signing up for Capt Club years ago.

Nice to have Zenith as some goal.

Den

Edited by Denny01

I was thinking the same thing. How many Zenith's can there even be. That will be an even lower volume use of Michael's than they currently have.

As of a year ago there were only 35 people (not couples) fleet wide with over 100 credits

I believe that number has more than doubled since!

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forums mobile app

CruisingChick - I think it was better when we paid for the membership... It was much more "Exclusive" - kept out "The Riff and The Raff." :p Now we have two votes for Founders to automatically become "Zenith" Members...:) We will see where we end up in the scheme of things for our March cruise...

Happy Sailing!!

Have no problem with "Founders" being made "Zenith members, as long as they have the corresponding points. But why make someone a "Zenith" member, when they are now only Select (as some have mentioned they are) or have very few points. Would it really be fair if someone has only taken 8 cruises, but paid for their membership, to be given the "Zenith" tier. I think not.

Edited by NLH Arizona

All details official on November 25th.

IF this is accurate (and so far that's a big IF) it bodes well for the news according to the people who said bad news is announced on Fridays! :D

(The 25th is Monday)

Edited by chamima

CruisingChick - When we joined it was $35. We missed going on Zenith, but we were on the sister ship Horizon. It was a nice little ship and the service and food was excellent under Michel Roux. We really miss him.

I am glad others see it my way... It would be nice if they bumped all their past loyal customers up - to get things going at the Zenith level. :)

I say anyone with more than 10 years in the program at the current Elite level or another possibility -- at least make us Elite Plus...

Happy Friday...:)

We sailed Zenith out of NYC to Bermuda. Cute little ship. We miss the smaller ships.

Hopefully we will be Elite Plus with the new tiers. We have been sailing Celebrity exclusively since 2002 and have 29 cruise credits.

We could have had more but most of our cruises were in inside cabins. Then I got sick and we couldn't cruise for over 18 months. So we missed 2 cruises.

Have a great weekend.

As of a year ago there were only 35 people (not couples) fleet wide with over 100 credits

I believe that number has more than doubled since!

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for that info. Most interesting. On our recent NE/Canada cruise, we had a celebration cocktail reception for a couple that hit it on that cruise. The staff made it very special for them.

Have no problem with "Founders" being made "Zenith members, as long as they have the corresponding points. But why make someone a "Zenith" member, when they are now only Select (as some have mentioned they are) or have very few points. Would it really be fair if someone has only taken 8 cruises, but paid for their membership, to be given the "Zenith" tier. I think not.

I have to agree with you about having the corresponding points.

With all respect, I think it's crazy for someone to be made a Zenith JUST because they belonged to the original "Founders" club. Someone posted on this thread that they thought they should be elevated to Zenith because they paid $15 each to become founders in 1994, and have taken a total of four Celebrity cruises to date.

Why on earth would they think that would entitle them to the same benefits as someone who had 3000 points. The $15, or $25 or $35 means absolutely nothing in the face of the cost that is incurred to reach even Elite Plus, with 750 points.

With all respect, I think it's crazy for someone to be made a Zenith JUST because they belonged to the original "Founders" club. Someone posted on this thread that they thought they should be elevated to Zenith because they paid $15 each to become founders in 1994, and have taken a total of four Celebrity cruises to date.

Why on earth would they think that would entitle them to the same benefits as someone who had 3000 points. The $15, or $25 or $35 means absolutely nothing in the face of the cost that is incurred to reach even Elite Plus, with 750 points.

I took it as wishful thinking. :)

I could be incorrect, but I thought I read that those that paid, got that back in OBC when they changed it to a non-pay membership.

I guess they feel that they should just screw a loyal customer who didn't have to pay for the membership, but cruised more than they did, but doesn't qualify for "Zenith". I've been sailing with Celebrity since 2001, so does that mean since I've been a customer for 12 years, I should be treated any better than someone who started in 2005 ....I don't think so.

I think all of us riff and raff or not should be treated equaly; in otherwords, your tier should be based on the number of points you have.

That would be correct, yes. But I'm available to my clients pretty much 24/7, so I dont really look at it as part time as most agencies close.

Thankfully this world is so connected that i'm never far away from the ability to help out a client.

At some point it would be nice to be able to just do it as my main job, however my FT position is far more stable as I couldnt' live on commission alone since you never know when you'll get another booking, and then have to wait for said sailing to occur. People that work salaried probably operate much differently.

Thanks very much for your reply. I did think, sometime after posting my question, that it was very cheeky of me to ask, but I was just interested in how people can make the part-time TA position work for them.

Thanks again for your answer. And I appreciate the informed insights that you have been able to contribute to this forum.

And if I'm not mistaken, I believe we were later refunded the $35 we paid to join the Captain's Club when they eliminated the fee altogether. Anyone else have that experience?

From reading the comments from the Founders members, I don't think any of them seriously thought they would automatically be Zenith. It was more wishful thinking.

But who knows, I may be wrong.

Edited by Oville

From reading the comments from the Founders members, I don't think any of them seriously thought they would automatically be Zenith. It was more wishful thinking.

But who knows, I may be wrong.

Oh, I agree it may be wishful thinking for most, but I bet there are those who seriously think they deserve it. :confused: And they'll complain when it doesn't happen.