Captain's Club Website updated NOW

omeinv

Captain's club points are given by passenger, not by cabin or fare price. You get the points that you deserve and your (non existent) cabin mate also gets their points.

Not for long is my guess. New system will provide points on $$$ spent is where I think this is going.

Spend more and earn more points.

Us to. We also joined when you had to pay and credits were 1 point per cruise. They didn't have Concierge Class cabins and even longer cruises were 1 point.

I think we should also automatically become Zenith.

CruisingChick - I think it was better when we paid for the membership... It was much more "Exclusive" - kept out "The Riff and The Raff." :p Now we have two votes for Founders to automatically become "Zenith" Members...:) We will see where we end up in the scheme of things for our March cruise...

Happy Sailing!!

Edited by neilrr

Not for long is my guess. New system will provide points on $$$ spent is where I think this is going.

Spend more and earn more points.

I have no problem with this and would, in fact, welcome it. Holland America does the same thing and we've earned extra points this way.

I'm really enjoying this thread and enjoying the jesting.

Can you picture the 'Zenith' member who does have 3000 pts (100 current-type I guess) sitting in the Michael's Club Concierge Lounge with all the other 3000pt Zenith members??? Boy, that would be interesting sitting in some Lounge.....All By Yourself!! Ha!

Can you see the posts on the Forum and Roll Calls: "I'm a Zenith and going on the Celebrity Eclipse cruise on 15 Jan 2015, can someone who is also a Zenith PLEASE join us??? We are tired of drinking by ourselves in Michaels Club...my Dr says thats a major indicator alcoholism.....Please Save Me!"

And as to letting Founders be upgraded to Zenith, remember the whole point of these things is to get us to cruise with them more, not award what we did years ago. But nothing like wishing.

Looking forward to seeing what is actually presented and how the points will be assigned/awarded.

I think I'll be an Elite Plus and iI'll make Zenith about the time I turn 90!!

Den

Edited by Denny01

Hi Andy

I would say it's by design IF the rest of the website worked.

We haven't been able to access our booked cruises for weeks.

Last week I paid in full for the next one so was hoping that might change things but I still can't access it.

As far as the new "tiers" - I think it's been fun speculating. ;)

You might try calling The Captain Club if you have not already called them. They removed my Captain Club number from my reservation and I was able to get into my reservation. I will need to add it back in later. It was related to a format different between the Captain Club file and the booking. (In my case it was related to a suffix in my name).

You might try calling The Captain Club if you have not already called them. They removed my Captain Club number from my reservation and I was able to get into my reservation. I will need to add it back in later. It was related to a format different between the Captain Club file and the booking. (In my case it was related to a suffix in my name).

Thanks

I'll call them when the cruise gets closer.

(When I want to order luggage tags and make sure they have my passport and other important info)

It shows up on my profile but won't let me access any details.

Interestingly cruises for 2015 are totally accessible. :p

I'm really enjoying this thread and enjoying the jesting.

Can you picture the 'Zenith' member who does have 3000 pts (100 current-type I guess) sitting in the Michael's Club Concierge Lounge with all the other 3000pt Zenith members??? Boy, that would be interesting sitting in some Lounge.....All By Yourself!! Ha!

Can you see the posts on the Forum and Roll Calls: "I'm a Zenith and going on the Celebrity Eclipse cruise on 15 Jan 2015, can someone who is also a Zenith PLEASE join us??? We are tired of drinking by ourselves....my Dr says thats a major indicator alcoholism.....Please Save Me!"

And as to letting Founders be upgraded to Zenith, remember the whole point of these things is to get us to cruise with them more, not award what we did years ago. But nothing like wishing.

Looking forward to seeing what is actually presented and how the points will be assigned/awarded.

I think I'll be an Elite Plus and iI'll make Zenith about the time I turn 90!!

Den

My guess is that the Suite benefits may also be improved since Celebrity is behind the competition in that area. Perhaps the Zenith category gets the most of the same enhanced benefits as Full Suites without actually paying for a suite. For instance unlimited free Internet, laundry, and special lounge. (Just speculating)

I would certainly agree that those obtaining 3000 points (assuming 100 old style points) would be a small exclusive number. On the other hand if you earned 3 points a cruise it is 34 cruises it is certainly obtainable.

Is there a way to check that all cruises and points have been added to your account? Over the years we believe quite a few are missing. Started cruising with Celebrity in 1990 1 to 2 cruises every year. My points don't seem to add up and we never really bothered to look into it after we reached top tier Elite.

Is there a way to check that all cruises and points have been added to your account? Over the years we believe quite a few are missing. Started cruising with Celebrity in 1990 1 to 2 cruises every year. My points don't seem to add up and we never really bothered to look into it after we reached top tier Elite.

Yes, look on the "Sailing History" in the Captain's Club area on the website.

Though you can check out your cruising history, which you probably have already done, you must be able to prove you were on a particular ship at a particular time. My wife succeeded in having points credited because she had documents from an ancient cruise. Celebrity didn't know who they were dealing with.:D

I`ll vote for us Founders members ! In our early cruise years we tried all the different lines. We have 40 cruises and 20 of those on Celebrity. If we had stayed with Celebrity on all we would be Zenith by now.
Nobody's Zenith yet. Maybe — if all your cruises were long and in concierge class or above — you'd be Zenith after the changes happen.

Are you just a part time TA then?

That would be correct, yes. But I'm available to my clients pretty much 24/7, so I dont really look at it as part time as most agencies close.

Thankfully this world is so connected that i'm never far away from the ability to help out a client.

At some point it would be nice to be able to just do it as my main job, however my FT position is far more stable as I couldnt' live on commission alone since you never know when you'll get another booking, and then have to wait for said sailing to occur. People that work salaried probably operate much differently.

Looks like I remain in Elite (300-749) right now. After my April 2014 TA cruise, I'll slip into elite Plus (with a total of 780).

While I like the idea of the extra intenet package, how about extra laundry services? I'm not a coffee/cappuccino/latte drinker; and the ship already advertises specialty dining at 50% at the beginning of the cruise. I wonder what the, "...an more." is supposed to be?

I agree with aother poster that there should be a tier between Elite Plus and Zenith. WOW, I'll never see the Zenith tier!! :eek:

Maybe an Elite Gold Plus of 1,250 to 2999, with the ElitePlus 750 to 1,249 = cut it in half.

Monica

I was thinking the same thing. How many Zenith's can there even be. That will be an even lower volume use of Michael's than they currently have.