Captain's Club Website updated NOW

omeinv

No way.

Many of us who do not live near the U.S. Ports, struggle to reach Elite, as we earn only 2 points per cruise, over 12 nights on board.

4/5 day cruises earn tier points rapidly.

I would be in favour of counting days at sea (95) whereas I only have earned 14 tier points.

Good point - and one I had'nt really thought about. When you look at a 4/5 night cruise earning the same point as an 11 night, even though it's amost 3 times longer :confused:

Even more confusing than the new tiers and corresponding points is what happens going forward. If you take a 7 day cruise how many tier points will that equate to?

AlbertaCruisers, you are quite right. This is all speculation based on RCI's program. Only time will tell.

Edited by Oville

Why the assumption of 1 credit equals 30 tier points?

Someone, early on, posted that.

I saw the website that they subsequently took down, and it never showed any conversion at all.

I don't know if the OP had some inside knowledge or was making an "educated" guess.

It DID say "Select" was 150 - 299 points. We are currently Select with 8 credits so I guess if I were trying to convert my 8 to get to under 250 a multipier of 30 would be logical - not necessarily correct - just logical.

I did not see anything regarding RCCL reciprocity. So, if one is Diamond plus on RCCL will that equate to Elite plus, Pinaccle to Zenith? Will Elite plus equal D plus on RCCL.? (Currently elite at all levels only equals Diamond on RCCL). .

When I looked at the site, the new categories were listed but the old credit system was showing.

My morning laugh.....in Zenith, you get "qualkity".

Let the fun begin!

M

They added two tiers like RCI did. I think that they will match up with RCI now on all levels between cruise lines and I think that the cross sharing will continue. If this is the case then the Celebrity cruises who cruise RCI will get a better benefit now. Also some on the RCI board are reporting an updated Crown and Anchor program effective 1/01/14. Not sure how they found out or if this is accurate.

Here is how I could see it matching up.

Preview = Gold

Classic = Platinum

Select = Emerald

Elite = Diamond

Elite Plus = Diamond Plus

Zenith = Pinnacle

Edited by cruisingator2

I saw the website that they subsequently took down, and it never showed any conversion at all.

I don't know if the OP had some inside knowledge or was making an "educated" guess.

It DID say "Select" was 150 - 299 points. We are currently Select with 8 credits so I guess if I were trying to convert my 8 to get to under 250 a multipier of 30 would be logical - not necessarily correct - just logical.

I'm guessing an educated guess. On RCI you need 100 points to be Pinnacle, Celebrity 3000 to be Zenith.

I hope the person that guessed it was number of days sailed x current points is correct, that math works out better for them than current points x 30, either way I would still be selection but the first way puts me really close to Elite and the x30 way still leaves me a bit to go to get Elite!

I hope the person that guessed it was number of days sailed x current points is correct, that math works out better for them than current points x 30, either way I would still be selection but the first way puts me really close to Elite and the x30 way still leaves me a bit to go to get Elite!

I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.;)

They added two tiers like RCI did. I think that they will match up with RCI now on all levels between cruise lines and I think that the cross sharing will continue. If this is the case then the Celebrity cruises who cruise RCI will get a better benefit now. Also some on the RCI board are reporting an updated Crown and Anchor program effective 1/01/14. Not sure how they found out or if this is accurate.

Here is how I could see it matching up.

Preview = Gold

Classic = Platinum

Select = Emerald

Elite = Diamond

Zenith = Pinnacle

RCL added Emerald and Pinnacle, one in the middle and a new top-level. It appears Celebrity is adding two new top levels (Elite Plus and Zenith).

Preview = Gold Not likely as Preview does not require any cruises and Gold requires at least 1. Probably no reciprocity at this level

Classic = Platinum

Select = Emerald

Elite = Diamond

Zenith = Pinnacle

I'm guessing an educated guess. On RCI you need 100 points to be Pinnacle, Celebrity 3000 to be Zenith.

Pinnacle requires 700 points on the new scale which is roughly 100 credits on the old scale.

And, as you have said more than once, the move to take diamonds out of the Concierge Lounge had nothing to do with the new C&A program. It was a year earlier.

Until we get all the information, this is just a Shakespeare play - Much Ado About Nothing. :D

RCL added Emerald and Pinnacle, one in the middle and a new top-level. It appears Celebrity is adding two new top levels (Elite Plus and Zenith).

Preview = Gold Not likely as Preview does not require any cruises and Gold requires at least 1. Probably no reciprocity at this level

Classic = Platinum

Select = Emerald

Elite = Diamond

Zenith = Pinnacle

Pinnacle requires 700 points on the new scale which is roughly 100 credits on the old scale.

And, as you have said more than once, the move to take diamonds out of the Concierge Lounge had nothing to do with the new C&A program. It was a year earlier.

Until we get all the information, this is just a Shakespeare play - Much Ado About Nothing. :D

Again there are rumors of RCI updating their program at the first of the year. They may be aligning them but time will tell.

Edited by cruisingator2

Actually, Pinnacle is 700 points.

If somebody had at least 99 credits at the Royal Caribbean conversion, they made Pinnacle (99 credits x 7 plus 13 extra points = 706 points). Maybe that is what you were trying to convey?

How does that work better for you? Just curious. My math looks like this, with 14 points. x30=420

My cruise history would convert to much, much less.

I've mainly taken longer cruises:

3 TransAtlantic sailings where I sailed in AQ and got 9 credits by sailing 14 days. That would be 14x3=42 points per cruise x3 cruises = 126

One 7-day cruise sailing in AQ for 2 credits x7 = 14

One 18-day TransPacific cruise sailing in AQ = 3 credits x18 = 54

and if I add these together, I would get 194

That's a huge difference.

Which just makes me wonder how people can continue to feel that any type of conversion will put everyone on the same level playing field. For one person, one way would be GREAT; and for another person, that way would make them lose levels... I would immediately go from Elite to Select under the system that AlbertaCruisers would be delighted with. Or, am I misunderstanding the math?

Right now, it's just an intellectual game. I guess it'll become more real in a few days.

Is anyone reading a bit more into the loyalty benefits descriptions? If I read the benefits for the Elite level, does it imply to anyone else that there won't be an Elite Breakfast option where you can get cappuccinos, lattes, mimosas, bloody mary's.... since that benefit is outlined and described at the Elite Plus level? Again, just an intellectual exercise. But, hey! Those images we found were spot on, weren't they? So, being on the nerdy side of geek.... gave us a heads up. For whatever that was worth....

People did not lose status. They lost benefits. Originally when the change came, D lost the lounge and only had a one night event and instead of a list of drinks which included wine beer soda etc only wine and champagne were free the rest was 25% discount. They computed points :1 credit was = to 7.25 days appox. The only problem was we had many 10/11 day cruises which were only converted to 7.25 days (a down grade) . In the same formula those that had 3/4 day cruises were given 7.25 days for each of those cruise credits. So no status was lost just benefits and actual days sailed were not true . Hope this makes sense.

We currently have 354 days at sea with RCCL and 31 credits on X.

Wrong!

The change from the lounge was made in March 2009. The conversion from credits to points was made in January 2011! No benefits were lost due to the conversion

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

I have a related-ish question.

In terms of CURRENT reciprocity.

Ok, so I'm select on X and i'm sailing RCCL next month. I'm Platinum on RCL - but how do they then start my membership over there (points wise)?

Will i be Platinum and then when i sail 7 days, then have 37 points for c&a? I've always wondered how it works lol.

Actually, Pinnacle is 700 points.

If somebody had at least 99 credits at the Royal Caribbean conversion, they made Pinnacle (99 credits x 7 plus 13 extra points = 706 points). Maybe that is what you were trying to convey?

Oops!

I typed need but I meant needed.

Edited by Oville

Ok, so I'm select on X and i'm sailing RCCL next month. I'm Platinum on RCL - but how do they then start my membership over there (points wise)?

Will i be Platinum and then when i sail 7 days, then have 37 points for c&a? I've always wondered how it works lol.

If your first cruise is 7 days, at the completion of your trip you will have 7 points or 14 if staying in a suite. Royal now counts actual days.

Edited by Oville

If your first cruise is 7 days, at the completion of your trip you will have 7 points or 14 if staying in a suite. Royal know counts actual days.

But then how am I considered "platinum" if i only have 7 days? That's what confuses me.

I'll be 7 days but still platinum in treatment due to reciprocity?

There is no change in the two programs. You have RCCL points and X points. If one category is higher than the other, you can ( currently) get that higher membership level. In other words, If you are Elite with X and sail one 7 point cruise with RCCL, you still have 7 points but are considered in the Diamond category (rather than the entry RCCL Gold category ). You will be Diamond at 7 points and will remain there until you have enough RCCL point to become D+. Is that your question?

M

We have currently have 7 points (4 cruises, 2 were 14 days and one in Concierge), but it works out to 42 days.

So, if the conversion is 42 days x 7 points (which someone says likely won't be the case) we would have 294 points.

If it is current points x 30 then 7 current points x 30 = 210.

I think the first way benefits those who sail less cruises but longer cruises.

I have no idea what they will do, but obviously, based on the above, would love the days x points conversion, but as someone pointed out, I won't hold my breath!! :D

We are 3 points away from Elite right now, all of which are already booked cruises (so would have been elite after our cruises next Nov), so all I want is still to be Elite after those 3 cruises are done. I know that isn't guaranteed, and I won't say I would stop sailing Celebrity if that doesn't happen, but I will be disappointed if that isn't the case.

There is no change in the two programs. You have RCCL points and X points. If one category is higher than the other, you can ( currently) get that higher membership level. In other words, If you are Elite with X and sail one 7 point cruise with RCCL, you still have 7 points but are considered in the Diamond category (rather than the entry RCCL Gold category ). You will be Diamond at 7 points and will remain there until you have enough RCCL point to become D+. Is that your question?

M

Oh intersting, ok. So I'll be platinum on RCCL for a looooooooong time as I'd have to get up to Diamond on RCCL before getting those benefits. Or would reciprocity kick in again and i'd be diamond when i hit elite on X?

...Or would reciprocity kick in again and i'd be diamond when i hit elite on X?

Yes, you woul be Diamond on RCCL when you are Elite on Celebrity. The status is transferrable, but the points are not. If and when I take my first RCCL cruise, I will be Diamond, with 0 points on RCCL.

Oh intersting, ok. So I'll be platinum on RCCL for a looooooooong time as I'd have to get up to Diamond on RCCL before getting those benefits. Or would reciprocity kick in again and i'd be diamond when i hit elite on X?
Yes, if you become elite on X you will be diamond on RC.

Not all of the website changes are gone. See X, Captains Club -> Benefits -> Elite still shows Elite as 300-749 points. As stated there were no conversions mentioned…(and I looked everywhere, under terms & conditions, etc) Only the Photos of Tiers had the new point requirements listed. The 30 points for 1 tier credit was an "educated guess" by OP and makes the most sense that the critical breakpoint (to become Elite) is the same. 10 x 30 = 300. Same with making Select. Using days makes it more difficult in a number of situations.

Edited by Janet987

So Celebrity has removed the links to their new programs but they still left the templates up for their new programs. Pretty easy to figure out their URL's scheme by looking at the address.

Here is the template for Zenith. If is not there then they have read this and took it down. (looks like a copy of Elite)

http://www.celebritycruises.com/captainsclub/membershipBenefits.do#captains_club_tier_elite/captainsclub/membershipTierDetails.do%3Fpagename=captains_club_tier_zenith

Can you guess for elite plus? or should I say elite_plus?

http://www.celebritycruises.com/captainsclub/membershipBenefits.do#captains_club_tier_elite/captainsclub/membershipTierDetails.do%3Fpagename=captains_club_tier_elite_plus

No I am not a web designer I just stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Edited by FRMPEI