Captain's Club Website updated NOW

omeinv

I think I'm going to leave my desk for a couple of hours and come back when it's an appropriate time for a glass of wine.

This kind of entertainment requires a nice glass of shiraz.

Good idea...and my DW gave me three coupons to use on drinks tonight between now and 7pm.

I am not sure I have understood your answer. Could you please kindly explain?

If you had three in the cabin, each would get captains club points. Points are earned per passenger, not per cabin or per fare paid. Your fare is double, but you are one passenger.

I am not saying that this is right or wrong...but that's the way celebrity has implemented the program.

Edited by ghstudio

Likely because paying twice the amount doesn't make you twice as experienced on the line.

Not like you have 28 days sailed if you sail for 14 solo. You still only sailed 14 days.

All that said, I wish cruise lines had better options for solos; like studio cabins. I know some ships have them (NCL Epic for example) but it would be nice to see those filter down to most ships.

Thanks for your answer. I wish to point out however, that sailing in concierge class also does not make us more experienced and if the cruise is 14 nights, it remains 14 nights. However, Celebrity gives an extra point for sailing on Concierge. What is the reason? Probably the higher price paid. When I cruise solo I do pay a higher price per person.

Thank you for your solidarity for solo passengers. MSC cruises charges only 50% solo suplement, Crystal cruises have promotions in which you pay about 35% solo suplement. So does Silversea. Sometimes also Azamara. It would be nice if also Celebrity would have reduced solo suplements....

Celebrity delayed the introduction of new CC system because they feeled their web team was not yet ready to handle it. Yesterday, the web team told the Celebrity management they were ready for it! :rolleyes:

Sadly, just based on today's observations, if they wait for their web team to get it right, we may never see the announcement.

This is the same web team whose error page points you to the main celebrity site with a button to click...which takes you right back to the error page.

want to try it:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/captainscleb/membershipBenefits.do

then click where it says "click here" at the bottom of the text.

Thanks for your answer. I wish to point out however, that sailing in concierge class also does not make us more experienced and if the cruise is 14 nights, it remains 14 nights. However, Celebrity gives an extra point for sailing on Concierge. What is the reason? Probably the higher price paid. When I cruise solo I do pay a higher price per person.

Thank you for your solidarity for solo passengers. MSC cruises charges only 50% solo suplement, Crystal cruises have promotions in which you pay about 35% solo suplement. So does Silversea. Sometimes also Azamara. It would be nice if also Celebrity would have reduced solo suplements....

AH, that is true, you make a good point.

I dont know, I guess simply because it's based on 1 passenger and the price they are willing to give to the man. :-)

Sadly, just based on today's observations, if they wait for their web team to get it right, we may never see the announcement.

This is the same web team whose error page points you to the main celebrity site with a button to click...which takes you right back to the error page.

want to try it:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/captainscleb/membershipBenefits.do

then click where it says "click here" at the bottom of the text.

Now THAT is comedy gold right there LOL.

I wish I could get a job QAing their apps....i'd have job security.

(I'm in QA but for another company lol)

Good idea...and my DW gave me three coupons to use on drinks tonight between now and 7pm.

Wish I had your coupons, 'cause it's only 3:45pm here in California and I enjoy scamming a system that only applies between 5:00 and 7:00pm !! :D

We have 23 Celebrity credits .If they give 30 per one credit that places us with 690 & if they add 50 credit bonus we then are at 740 (10 shy of Elite +) .however ,we will get to Elite plus on our next Mar 2 nd 7 night cruise & then on the b2b 7 nigh 3/9 cruise we will be Elite + .:D

We will just wait for the whole new program to roll out;):)

I don't care if I have 3 points or 30 points, if I am a Founder's Member, lol... Anyone remember that one ? or a Classic member. I am a now-defunct Founder's Member which I PAID for in 2001 after our first Celebrity cruise, but now I am a Classic Member, which I did not pay for, soon to be Select, whatever that means

But all I really care about is my next Celebrity "qualkity" cruise in April

Celebrity is the best!

Edited by 4cats4me

I don't care if I have 3 points or 30 points, if I am a Founder's Member, lol... Anyone remember that one ? or a Classic member. I am a now-defunct Founder's Member which I PAID for in 2001 after our first Celebrity cruise, but now I am a Classic Member, which I did not pay for, soon to be Select, whatever that means

But all I really care about is my next Celebrity "qualkity" cruise in April

Celebrity is the best!

We became founders members in 1994 and we each had to pay $15.00 for the membership. We are now Select members.

We became founders members after our first cruise in 1996. . After sitting in the theatre waiting to disembark we decided it was worth the $ to get out when we wanted to leave.

We are at 28 cruises now, will earn 2 more credits at our next sailing . We have about another 15 cruises between Carnival, rccl and Princess. Had they all been on celebrity we would still never be able to reach zenith in this lifetime.

Hi Everyone,

Looks like it's been an interesting day. At least we finally have a hint of information.... or should I say inflammation :)

200 posts on this thread, and everyone is still guessing. Anyone else wonder if this is by design ?

Looks like I picked a great week to be on vacation :)

Hi Andy

I would say it's by design IF the rest of the website worked.

We haven't been able to access our booked cruises for weeks.

Last week I paid in full for the next one so was hoping that might change things but I still can't access it.

As far as the new "tiers" - I think it's been fun speculating. ;)

Edited by chamima