Captain's Club Website updated NOW

omeinv

This morning' date=' when I checked the Celebrity website, I couldn't find anything new. Now I cannot even access the website!

A couple of questions:

Is the 30 x existing points formula a fact?

And where does the +50 come into play?

Are they eliminating the Elite breakfasts? If not, what's the deal with Elite Plus Caps and Lattes?

The only thing [i']I can see[/i] extra for Elite Plus would be the extra Computer time.

As someone else said, specialty restaurant discounts are very common.

The only current fact is that there ARE no facts.

We need to wait until they officially unveil, unfortunately speculation will get us nowhere.

This morning' date=' when I checked the Celebrity website, I couldn't find anything new. Now I cannot even access the website!

A couple of questions:

Is the 30 x existing points formula a fact?

And where does the +50 come into play?

Are they eliminating the Elite breakfasts? If not, what's the deal with Elite Plus Caps and Lattes?

The only thing [i']I can see[/i] extra for Elite Plus would be the extra Computer time.

As someone else said, specialty restaurant discounts are very common.

The 50 points is to ensure NO one will loss from their current tier or perhaps move up to higher level if they are just short of 1 cruise to the next level.

Hopefully that is true,I am just 1 cruise short to the next level.

Edited by iSailor

So getting to Elite plus gets you $50 of additional Internet, a specialty restaurant discount that is generally offered anyway, and free coffee.

No big deal.

I'm surprised that there isn't an additional tier between 750 and 3000.

For someone like me that has 810 points, there isn't any incentive within reach to aspire to.

I just did the math, and looks like we'll be at 810 points as well (27 current credits). I'll be interested to see how small or large the specialty restaurant discount is since we tend to dine in them often. And how will such discounts compare to all the barterting you read about on this board. It may be more fun to barter a price a la eBay and swap meet style than just use your earned discount! :eek:

One thing I've not seen yet on this thread and that is when does this all become effective? We sail in February, will we enjoy the added benefits of our upgraded status to Elite Plus?

When we travel solo with Celebrity, we pay 100% solo suplement. Why do we not get double points?

Captain's club points are given by passenger, not by cabin or fare price. You get the points that you deserve and your (non existent) cabin mate also gets their points.

Edited by ghstudio

When we travel solo with Celebrity, we pay 100% solo suplement. Why do we not get double points?

Likely because paying twice the amount doesn't make you twice as experienced on the line.

Not like you have 28 days sailed if you sail for 14 solo. You still only sailed 14 days.

All that said, I wish cruise lines had better options for solos; like studio cabins. I know some ships have them (NCL Epic for example) but it would be nice to see those filter down to most ships.

It's been changed back to Tier Credits for all levels. Somebody has really been scrambling.

Kathy

Why aren't they posting all of this to a protected development website until they get it right and are ready to launch?

Are they doing this on purpose to get all the carping out of our system before they make the official announcement?

Even given the IT department's past history, surely they couldn't actually have planned anything this ill-advised, could they?

It's been changed back to Tier Credits for all levels. Somebody has really been scrambling.

Kathy

yes, they were up for a moment...but they only changed the words, not the numbers so elite was 10+ tier credits.....which certainly doesn't mesh with elite plus being 750 tier credits leaked earlier.

Now those pages are down again...you cant see the benefits at all...not even the overview page.

Seems like the web programmers are running in panic mode.....disconnected from marketing, etc.

Update: the pages are back up again....elite 10+ tier credits, select 5-9 tier credits and so on. No new levels show. I guess there will be a lot of folks disappointed that they only have 30 tier credits but they need 750 for elite plus :)...and those UK folks are getting instant elite with the 25 tier credits.

watching this announcement unfold is almost fun....

Edited by ghstudio

yes, they were up for a moment...but they only changed the words, not the numbers so elite was 10+ tier credits.....which certainly doesn't mesh with elite plus being 750 tier credits leaked earlier.

Now those pages are down again...you cant see the benefits at all...not even the overview page.

Seems like the web programmers are running in panic mode.....disconnected from marketing, etc.

Update: the pages are back up again....elite 10+ tier credits, select 5-9 tier credits and so on. No new levels show. I guess there will be a lot of folks disappointed that they only have 30 tier credits but they need 750 for elite plus :)...and those UK folks are getting instant elite with the 25 tier credits.

watching this announcement unfold is almost fun....

Hard to define this as an announcement. More like a train wreck. An announcement should have some facts - doubt we have seen many (if any). But I agree, it's fun.

Edited by bob278