How could Princess improve?

Stateroom_Sailor

Just curious . . . . . how does the "proper" type of glass make a difference in the taste of the wine?? :confused:

It absolutely does... if you drink out of a reg thick glass and then taste a proper Reidel glass you will know the difference....It's been proven time and time again...

CC

It absolutely does... if you drink out of a reg thick glass and then taste a proper Reidel glass you will know the difference....It's been proven time and time again...

CC

So apparently I'm missing something when I drink my Thunderbird out of a red solo cup?:p

I don't think the items listed were a "judgement" and can be obtained by reading the web sites of both lines without having to sail on either ship.

They're hearsay and some aren't actually true which is why I suggested he might want to actual sail on one of their ships first.

Am I correct that by reading your signature, you haven't actually sailed on Celebrity yet? you might want to reserve judgement until you have.

They're hearsay and some aren't actually true which is why I suggested he might want to actual sail on one of their ships first.

First off, I'm a "she", not a "he", and none of the things I've listed is "hearsay." I've gleaned all of them from the Celebrity website, my travel agent/agency website and the Celebrity CC board. I don't need to sail on the ship in order to learn the facts about it.

1) We'll be in a 1A balcony cabin on the Reflection which does not have foot stools. The website and the Celebrity CC board confirms that only Concierge, Aqua or suites get them. It's been suggested to bring a beach ball to prop our feet on, which we plan to do. But frankly that's pretty lame considering what we're paying for the cabin.

2) I've watched several YouTube videos of a 1A cabin as well as read much on the Celebrity CC board about the very limited drawer space. Just 3 small drawers in the desk, a tiny nightstand with 2 shelves and the shelf over the bed. Go watch the YouTube video yourself and you'll see. I'm taking their advice and bringing some foldable bins to keep clothing in. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp4Ur9gvHuI.

3) The pay-before-you-go shore excursions are no secret. I checked them out on the Celebrity website to see if we'd like to book some and it said right there that they have to be paid for in advance.

4) I've read many complaints on the Celebrity CC board about people not being able to combine OBC from several places and/or combine it with other perks. Again, no secret. Just read the boards sometime.

5) Re: laundry. The Celebrity website shows no self-serve laundries on any decks. When I read posts on the Celebrity CC board about the loyalty perks, free laundry wasn't listed.

6) It appears that if you get to the top of the loyalty ladder with RCCL/Celebrity you get 45 minutes of free Internet, so I apologize for missing that. I should have said that you get alot less on RCCL/Celebrity than even Princess Platinum level gets.

7) My TA and all other agency sites I've checked say that Celebrity does not let travel agencies discount their cruises. Just a fact. If they did, my TA would have given it to us just like she does for Princess.

So, please tell me, how are these FACTS judgemental???? I just listed them as facts, which they are. You might not like seeing them, but that doesn't change the truth. If you do a bit of research, you'll see that they're all correct.

If these made a huge difference to me I wouldn't have booked a Celebrity cruise, now would I?? I'm hoping that it'll be a great vacation and ship, although I always have a wonderful time no matter what ship or cruiseline I'm on. Positive attitude is what makes a great experience. ;)

Edited by Go-Bucks!

First off, I'm a "she", not a "he", and none of the things I've listed is "hearsay." I've gleaned all of them from the Celebrity website, my travel agent/agency website and the Celebrity CC board. I don't need to sail on the ship in order to learn the facts about it.

1) We'll be in a 1A balcony cabin on the Reflection which does not have foot stools. The website and the Celebrity CC board confirms that only Concierge, Aqua or suites get them. It's been suggested to bring a beach ball to prop our feet on, which we plan to do. But frankly that's pretty lame considering what we're paying for the cabin.

2) I've watched several YouTube videos of a 1A cabin as well as read much on the Celebrity CC board about the very limited drawer space. Just 3 small drawers in the desk, a tiny nightstand with 2 shelves and the shelf over the bed. Go watch the YouTube video yourself and you'll see. I'm taking their advice and bringing some foldable bins to keep clothing in.

3) The pay-before-you-go shore excursions are no secret. I checked them out on the Celebrity website to see if we'd like to book some and it said right there that they have to be paid for in advance.

4) I've read many complaints on the Celebrity CC board about people not being able to combine OBC from several places and/or combine it with other perks. Again, no secret. Just read the boards sometime.

5) Re: laundry. The Celebrity website shows no self-serve laundries on any decks. When I read posts on the Celebrity CC board about the loyalty perks, free laundry wasn't listed.

6) It appears that if you get to the top of the loyalty ladder with RCCL/Celebrity you get 45 minutes of free Internet, so I apologize for missing that. I should have said that you get alot less on RCCL/Celebrity than even Princess Platinum level gets.

7) My TA and all other agency sites I've checked say that Celebrity does not let travel agencies discount their cruises. Just a fact. If they did, my TA would have given it to us just like she does for Princess.

So, please tell me, how are these FACTS judgemental???? I just listed them as facts, which they are. You might not like seeing them, but that doesn't change the truth. If you do a bit of research, you'll see that they're all correct.

If these made a huge difference to me I wouldn't have booked a Celebrity cruise, now would I?? I'm hoping that it'll be a great vacation and ship, although I always have a wonderful time no matter what ship or cruiseline I'm on. Positive attitude is what makes a great experience. ;)

Ok, you mentioned that you get footstools on Princess.. have they changed the entire fleet to the new furniture? if not, then you don't get footstools on every Princess balcony.

the other comment that is incorrect is the combining of benefits...the last two promos have been able to combine with at least one other benefit...so they seem to be learning that this is an issue and changing.

No, TAs cannot "Openly" discount Celebrity, but they do...and what they don't discount, they give as OBC so is it really any different from Princess? what's the difference between a $500 discount and a $500 OBC?

Not everything you posted was incorrect, but there were enough erroneous statements for me to suggest that you might want to sail them first before deciding Princess was all that and a bag of chips.

Ok, you mentioned that you get footstools on Princess.. have they changed the entire fleet to the new furniture? if not, then you don't get footstools on every Princess balcony.

I've already had the new balcony furniture and it's very uncomfortable, just like many others have said. But at least we had 2 reclining chairs, a large table and 2 foot stools. :D

I've already had the new balcony furniture and it's very uncomfortable, just like many others have said. But at least we had 2 reclining chairs, a large table and 2 foot stools. :D

I haven't experienced the new furniture yet, but I've never had a foot stool on Princess.

So apparently I'm missing something when I drink my Thunderbird out of a red solo cup?:p

:D Funny Above!

Actually seems the "red solo cup" is quite trendy.

When we were at the beach last weekend, there were shops selling a HARD plastic version of these for about $15 in even wine glasses.

:p Yes, I bought a red solo cup wine glass. :D

LuLu

~~~~

2) I've watched several YouTube videos of a 1A cabin as well as read much on the Celebrity CC board about the very limited drawer space. Just 3 small drawers in the desk, a tiny nightstand with 2 shelves and the shelf over the bed. Go watch the YouTube video yourself and you'll see. I'm taking their advice and bringing some foldable bins to keep clothing in. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp4Ur9gvHuI.

I think you'll enjoy Celebrity and their S class ships. They have their pluses and minuses- but so does Princess. I enjoy both brands, but have secured some excellent deals on Celebrity as of late (free beverage packages as well as generous obc), that my next two cruises are booked with them. I'll still cruise on Princess, but for now X has captured my attention as well as my wallet. ;)

Tony

Decent back bacon at breakfast, not that streaky, fatty stuff you have in the US.

Larger cabins to get in a 2 seat sofa like other lines.

Decent beer.

No smoking anywhere.

I know this last one is impossible, but, Larry Dunsmore in every Crooners.....

Edited by newport dave

I don't drink enough to make drink packages worthwhile. For me, it's the free laundry-saves me lots of time in the self serve laundry on every cruise.

The nice thing about Celebrity is that you can taylor the drink package to your needs. So even if you just drink soft drinks, water or specialty coffee there is a package to fit your needs. Of course if you are happy with the included beverages then a package isn't neccessary. Princess should at least include specialty coffee and bottled water in their package.

Based on what I've seen of some of the drink packages on the other lines, with as much as they cost per day a lot of people would have to just about spend their entire cruise completely hammered in order to get their money's worth out of the package. Then again, for some people that seems to be the whole point...

Not the case at all. Celebrity's top drink package costs $55 per day plus 15% gratuity. That gets you any and all alcoholic drinks with a menu price of up to $12. Plus, all specialty coffees, teas, sports drinks, juices, smoothies, and waters including Evian. So no, you don't have to be hammered daily to make it worthwhile. That's a complete misconception that always seems to get thrown around when talking drink packages.

It happens on the Celebrity board as well.

Then again, it seems like you often hear the stories of people running up $5,000 bar tabs on a 7-day cruise here, so I'm sure there's people who can actually save some money on paying "only" $55 a day for their drinks...

Those stories are only told by people who want to carry on a vineyard of $2.00 bottles of wine and are upset that Princess is now doing a bottle count and charging a corkage fee for each additional bottle beyond the 2 bottle limit.

I would also like to see Princess improve their beer selections. 4 mediocre brands - just not enough.... Add some IPAs and some craft beers for those of us who are not content with "Bud Lite"!

I absolutely agree with you regarding the beer selection. I'd love to see them add some craft brews, particularly an IPA. Maybe they could start out bringing several cases of craft beer on each cruise and sell it at just one of the bars. Let everyone know where to find it and then see how well it sells.

I absolutely agree with you regarding the beer selection. I'd love to see them add some craft brews, particularly an IPA. Maybe they could start out bringing several cases of craft beer on each cruise and sell it at just one of the bars. Let everyone know where to find it and then see how well it sells.

I'll drink to that!!

Edited by UpcountryTravelers