Oasis vs Allure????

shelpt

Still to my shock and disbelief, i won a 7 night cruise while on the Explorer this past week. We want to do either Oasis or Allure in june. Itineraries are the same. Are there any differences between the 2? Which was in drydock most recently? Either one easier for embarkation/disembarkation? Any other differences?

Also, i picked june because i want lots of kids. DS is 16 and loves teen club. But does anyone know if Oct/Nov sailings have decent number of kids? Cant go during holiday times based on prize restrictions.

Thanks for any advice!!!

Still to my shock and disbelief, i won a 7 night cruise while on the Explorer this past week. We want to do either Oasis or Allure in june. Itineraries are the same. Are there any differences between the 2? Which was in drydock most recently? Either one easier for embarkation/disembarkation? Any other differences?

Also, i picked june because i want lots of kids. DS is 16 and loves teen club. But does anyone know if Oct/Nov sailings have decent number of kids? Cant go during holiday times based on prize restrictions.

Thanks for any advice!!!

Neither will have had a real drydock by then, but both are in great shape!

They will have the most kids on the ship in June and July.

In terms of differences... Allure, has Samba Grill and Ritas Cantina, Oasis has the Solarium Bistro and Seafood Shack. I can tell you right now none of those 4 restaurants are any good, so it really doesnt matter. Both have Chops Grill and Giovanni's Table, which are the better restaurants on the ships.

Allure has an extra outlet in each room, and also has an ipod dock/charger for the old style 30 pin iPod/iPhone connector.

The comedy club on Oasis is designed like the NYC Subway, the comedy club on Allure is designed like the London Subway.

The Oasis draws slightly more Americans, and the Allure draws slightly more Europeans, though this really doesn't make much of a difference.

The ships are almost identical. Main difference is Oasis sails on Saturday and Allure sails on Sunday.

Some minor differences in dining venues: Oasis has the Seafood Shack and the Solarium Bistro. Allure has Rita's Cantina, Boardwalk Doghouse, and Samba Grill.

Shows are different too, Oasis has Hairspray, Allure has Chicago.

Edited by clarea

As far as dry docking goes. The Oasis goes in for her first 5 year dry dock maintenance period next Sept./Oct.

The Allure will be going into the Bahamas shipyard for one week in Feb. 2014 to repair an emergent propulsion issue. Allure will then dry dock again in late 2015 for her first 5 year dry dock maintenance period.

As far as dry docking goes. The Oasis goes in for her first 5 year dry dock maintenance period next Sept./Oct.

The Allure will be going into the Bahamas shipyard for one week in Feb. 2014 to repair an emergent propulsion issue. Allure will then dry dock again in late 2015 for her first 5 year dry dock maintenance period.

I will add to this that I thought Allure looked as good, or actually better in 2013 than she did in 2011. Maintenance of public access areas was excellent and Central Park was actually better (more variety of plants)

Allure, has Samba Grill and Ritas Cantina, Oasis has the Solarium Bistro and Seafood Shack. I can tell you right now none of those 4 restaurants are any good, so it really doesnt matter.

One person's opinion, not widely held. Most people speak highly of Solarium Bistro and Samba Grill as fun alternatives. Ritas and Seafood Shack are much more casual with the seafood shack obviously relying on frozen seafood specialties (a lot of breaded and fried...) and Rita's is rather pedestrian Mexican. Nothing bad, but nothing spectacular.

In terms of differences... Allure, has Samba Grill and Ritas Cantina, Oasis has the Solarium Bistro and Seafood Shack. I can tell you right now none of those 4 restaurants are any good, so it really doesnt matter. Both have Chops Grill and Giovanni's Table, which are the better restaurants on the ships.

I disagree. I happen to enjoy these venues. I love the atmosphere of the Solarium at night, and really enjoyed both Bistro and Samba.

To answer the OP, it's 6 in one, half dozen in the other. I like Oasis' Hairspray over Allure's Chicago, but like Allure's Blue Planet over Oasis' Come Fly With Me. I like Allure's Dog House, but think the aqua show on Oasis is a little better. So it's a toss up for me.

Thanks for any advice!!!

Have been on both- They are twins- I would suggest if you like the Broadway show Hairspray you sail on the Oasis- if you prefer "Chicago" you sail on the Allure. Ironically, I prefer "Hairspray", but because of the dates we are sailing again on the Allure in January.

Enjoy your cruise!!

What is a Prohibition Party? Do you pay additional to attend?

From Royal's website:

At this party you'll step back in time to the days of the speakeasy and inconspicuous consumption. The Prohibition Event is a 1920's themed party featuring live jazz, dancing, handcrafted drinks from the period when alcohol was illegal, and a few surprises. On Oasis-class ships.

You do pay additional, but I don't recall the cost.

From Royal's website:

At this party you'll step back in time to the days of the speakeasy and inconspicuous consumption. The Prohibition Event is a 1920's themed party featuring live jazz, dancing, handcrafted drinks from the period when alcohol was illegal, and a few surprises. On Oasis-class ships.

You do pay additional, but I don't recall the cost.

Do you dress up in 1920's attire?

Thanks for the info

I will add to this that I thought Allure looked as good, or actually better in 2013 than she did in 2011. Maintenance of public access areas was excellent and Central Park was actually better (more variety of plants)

I agree. I was onboard in September and the ship looked great in all of the public areas. :)

We have done both and for some reason, I liked the Allure better. There isn't a huge amount of differences. Different restaurants, different shows but just something better about Allure. I can't even put my finger on it.

We plan to go again on the Allure late next year as we enjoyed it so much.

Have fun planning! : )

Thanks for all the opinions! Since they are so similar, it will probably come down to price. Looks like Allure is just a bit cheaper. Now the daunting process of figuring out which cabin to choose, those deck plans are overwhelming.

Thanks for all the opinions! Since they are so similar, it will probably come down to price. Looks like Allure is just a bit cheaper. Now the daunting process of figuring out which cabin to choose, those deck plans are overwhelming.

Boardwalk balcony. Deck 11 as close to the back as you can get. :-) Easy access to the secret deck from there too. Nice views of the ocean from a room back there and access to the happens at the boardwalk and aqua theater. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - Please excuse any errors.