Radiance to Alaska

hotrock

Anything I should know about ROS or Southbound 7 day cruise? I am looking for a hotel in both ANC and Vancouver. Also, anything about the ship that is a must see.

Self-leveling pool tables.

We loved out ROS cruise to Alaska in 2012. I have some pics of the shop in the "Live" review I did. [plus Vancouver and Anchorage]

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=35187853&highlight=ketchikan#post35187853

Thanks. I am really excited about this trip. I still need to book transfers to and from the ship but first I want to book hotel room in Anc and in Vancouver. Any suggestions?

I agree about visiting the Alaska forum. Lots of experienced and helpful cruisers there.

We adored our Alaska cruise on Radiance last year. Here is a link to my blog with lots of info: SUMMER SOLSTICE IN THE LAST FRONTIER

We stayed at the Comfort Inn Anchorage Airport, and it worked out great because we had a rental car. Huge rooms and much cheaper than a downtown hotel, especially with our military discount.

In Vancouver we stayed at the Pan Pacific, using credit card points to make it reasonable. Wow, it is amazing (but very pricey without a discount!).

Take a look through my blog and take some time to read throught the Alaska forum. You will love Alaska!

Thanks. I am really excited about this trip. I still need to book transfers to and from the ship but first I want to book hotel room in Anc and in Vancouver. Any suggestions?

Not really suggestions, just a few thoughts on Vancouver.

Least cost: Hotels near the airport are cheaper. You can ride the Skytrain into the city and to the pier.

We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Vancouver. [used points, has a good breakfast and a shuttle to the port] But, it is not really near anything. We had Hop On Hop Off bus tickets to get around the city.

Luxury: The Pan Pacific is the best located. [on top of Canada Place] It is pricey

A whole group of our roll call member on CC stayed at the Best Western. It had a shuttle that took them to the pier.

In Anchorage we stayed at the Quality Inn and Suites. I would not stay there again. It was nothing special and cost $210 per night. But, Anc is a pricey place for hotels.

If you go to the Alaska port of call message board there are lots of threads about hotels. Good luck and have a great cruise.:)

Anything I should know about ROS or Southbound 7 day cruise? I am looking for a hotel in both ANC and Vancouver. Also, anything about the ship that is a must see.

We did a 10 day cruise tour on her starting June 28 out of Vancouver. We stayed at the Empire Hotel, great view, revolving restaurant on top. Its downtown on Robison I think... we walked around downtown and really enjoyed it. Wish we had been there more then 2 days. The ship was OK, crew were great and we had a great time. Alaska is truly the last frontier and so beautiful!

Our Alaska cruise was one of our families' fav cruises! We went from Seward to Vancouver. We did make sure to fly in to Alaska the day before the cruise (thank goodness!). We stayed the night there and then boarded the train to Seward....the views are amazing, this is a photographers dream!!

When we got to Vancouver at the end of the cruise, we rented a car and drove to Seattle for a week, what a great way for us Floridians to spend a week! Just wish it could have been longer!

Just did Radiance Aug for my birthday. Do the helicopter flight to the Mendenhall Glacier. It is once in a lifetime. It was awesome

We'll be doing our 3rd (although northbound) Alaska cruise May 2014 on ROS..all have been in mid to late May..our preferred time..Our favorite excursion has been the Bering Sea Crab Tour in Ketchikan. Enjoy !!

We stayed at the blue Horizon Hotel in Vancouver and loved it. Ask for a high room looking north for a great view. The way it is designed,every room is a corner room. Very large rooms also.

ALso look into the Hop-on Hop-Off trolley to get around. Worked great for us.

JUst talking about it makes me want to go there again.

Check out our photos on the link below.

Edited by believer33323

We can highly recommend the Pan Pacific Hotel in Vancouver, which is part of the port complex and the Holiday Inn Express in Seward which is right at the pier and very close to restaurants and tour operators in Seward.

Here´s a link to a review I posted on a German cruise-forum about our trip northbound in August. Never mind the German text... but you will like the pics.

http://www.shipedia.eu/forum/219-reiseberichte-royal-caribbean/31680-alaska-the-last-frontier-reisebericht-radiance-of-the-seas-22-08-07-09-2013.html

We stayed at the blue Horizon Hotel in Vancouver and loved it. Ask for a high room looking north for a great view. The way it is designed,every room is a corner room. Very large rooms also.

ALso look into the Hop-on Hop-Off trolley to get around. Worked great for us.

JUst talking about it makes me want to go there again.

Check out our photos on the link below.

We are first time cruisers to Alaska next July and have booked the Blue Horizon in Vancouver! Got a great rate for 2 nights post-cruise! Thanks for the great pics!;)