The "Britishness" of P&O?

travelaroundworld

The staff on P&O too are polite and helpful but not constantly invading your space, and we like that.

Ahhhhh, but did they tell you to 'Have a nice day' ? ;);) Bet they didn't ! :D

Am with you on your comments - can't wait for our P&O cruise in April - it will be the 2nd on P&O after some fabulous cruises on other lines.

To be honest we have a great time wherever we go and make the most of it. Every cruise line / hotel / holiday company has bad points.

We have decided that life is too short not to just go and have a fab time and make the most of it all.

:D

I always used to love P&O, but one thing I did absolutely hate was the 'great british sailaway' parties. I am sure I am very, very, much in the minority here, but please don't come near me with a plastic union jack flag to wave around whilst singing Vera Lyn songs - I really will hurt you :D

Lou

Only just seen this thread. Sailaways can be cheesy, but the one we enjoyed was OV1 versus OV2 departing Grenada in Feb2009. No sign of Vera Lynn, Dave, just Queen up against Tina Turner!

Go to YouTube watch and enjoy or cringe!!!

I love the Great British sailaway !!!

I am with you there, they had some great ones on Arcadia WC last year, a right old knees up. The Cruise staff really put some effort into the Sailaways.

No one is forced to go, just don't go aft, up top or you will have to wave the flag and sing Rule Britannia, or whistle the Dam Busters march.

I love the Great British sailaway !!!

Well if some on P&O do not like the sailaways, there are others who have been on other lines....... With very big boats who are very jealous:-

Taken from a thread posted today

We sailed the Oasis and on 12/18 we were docked next to P&O Ventura in St Maarten. The departing party of the Ventura was unbelievable and unfortunately I was not able to video the festivities on board the Ventura viewable from our ship. The Frankie Valli music "By, By Baby" and the guest party on the top deck of the ship made for a sailaway like we have never seen before. We are hoping someone from our ship, or their ship or the Celeberity or Holland America ship on the other side of the Ventura got the video and can post it on you tube.

Thanks

Well if some on P&O do not like the sailaways, there are others who have been on other lines....... With very big boats who are very jealous:-

We sailed the Oasis and on 12/18 we were docked next to P&O Ventura in St Maarten. The departing party of the Ventura was unbelievable and unfortunately I was not able to video the festivities on board the Ventura viewable from our ship. The Frankie Valli music "By, By Baby" and the guest party on the top deck of the ship made for a sailaway like we have never seen before. We are hoping someone from our ship, or their ship or the Celeberity or Holland America ship on the other side of the Ventura got the video and can post it on you tube. Thanks

Quite right Dai that is a great sailaway sound, but I think you should pop back to this thread and advise them it was most likely the Bay City Rollers version that was being played on Ventura.

We sailed the Oasis and on 12/18 we were docked next to P&O Ventura in St Maarten. The departing party of the Ventura was unbelievable and unfortunately I was not able to video the festivities on board the Ventura viewable from our ship. The Frankie Valli music "By, By Baby" and the guest party on the top deck of the ship made for a sailaway like we have never seen before. We are hoping someone from our ship, or their ship or the Celeberity or Holland America ship on the other side of the Ventura got the video and can post it on you tube.

Thanks

I like it, did the Americans also like White Cliffs of Dover by Vera Lynn? They play that too on P&O Sailaways, great stuff indeed.

Rule Britannia !

My favorite sailaway was Ventura and Azura Feb 2011, not sure which port. If I remember correctly it was Azuras first year. The captains got the ships so close it felt as if we could shake hands with Azura passengers.

Molly

Hi Molly

My inlaws were on that cruise on Azura, remember watching their video of the

Two ships looked great fun,flags flying, singing , ships horns blasting brilliant

Sue