Live from Reflection 7 December

Wine-O

Just boarded Reflection. Probably won't post much while underway, but since we are still in port, using my air card.

Much to my surprise, checked in around 12:30. They had a separate check in line for Suites & Zenith folks, and right next to it, a separate check in line for Elite Plus -- NO LINES!!!!! :)

The Elite Plus coupons are maroon in color. The comp cappuccino/latte is not for the entire cruise - just one coupon per sheet. One free scoop of Gelato coupon, two 30 items wash & fold, and all the remainder of the coupons are the same as Elite.

If there are any other special Elite Plus perks, I'll post later as they come up.

Just boarded Reflection. Probably won't post much while underway, but since we are still in port, using my air card.

Much to my surprise, checked in around 12:30. They had a separate check in line for Suites & Zenith folks, and right next to it, a separate check in line for Elite Plus -- NO LINES!!!!! :)

The Elite Plus coupons are maroon in color. The comp cappuccino/latte is not for the entire cruise - just one coupon per sheet. One free scoop of Gelato coupon, two 30 items wash & fold, and all the remainder of the coupons are the same as Elite.

If there are any other special Elite Plus perks, I'll post later as they come up.

Thanks for reporting this Wine-O.:)

I guess it was to good to be true to think that Elite Plus would have the free cappuccino/latte for the whole cruise.

Thanks for reporting this Wine-O.:)

I guess it was to good to be true to think that Elite Plus would have the free cappuccino/latte for the whole cruise.

Just ran into an Elite Plus couple who are on the 2nd stage of the B2B. Even though there is just one coupon, they said that cappuccino/lattes are unlimited -- just show your Seapass. :)

Thanks for posting! You didn't mention drink vouchers, so I'm assuming there is an almost nightly elite cocktail hour. Can you let us know if there are any changes? Where is the lounge located on the Reflection? Is it still in Michael's? Is this event still open to elites and up or has this been revised?

Edited by kathynorth

Thanks for posting! You didn't mention drink vouchers, so I'm assuming there is an almost nightly elite cocktail hour. Can you let us know if there are any changes? Where is the lounge located on the Reflection? Is it still in Michael's? Is this event still open to elites and up or has this been revised?

Elite cocktails in Sky Lounge for all Elites. Breakfast in Tuscan Grill. Have yet to attend an Elite function in Michael's on an S-Class -- only on the M-Class.

Elite cocktails in Sky Lounge for all Elites. Breakfast in Tuscan Grill. Have yet to attend an Elite function in Michael's on an S-Class -- only on the M-Class.

Thanks for the response. I'd guess that since it's Sky Lounge that it's the same format. We were on Reflection in late July/ early August and the lounge was Michael's. We were eating in Blu, so it was nice to be able to stop in at Michael's on the way to dinner. However, the Sky Lounge is a great place to socialize. I hope you're already having a great cruise!

So how would you know that cappuccino/lattes are unlimited if they just give you one coupon. Guess they are unorganized.

Not really. It's more like the beverage packages where you just show your seapass -- it's preprinted with Elite Plus.

Off to test out the system. Since I don't use condiments in my coffee, I'm going to ask them for a cappuccino, hold the milk. :D Then off to check out Elite breakfast.

I posted on my comment sheet after the TA that the face/wash cloths have lost most of their threads. I noticed now in AQ that they have brand new wash cloths and towels. ;)

When I was on Reflection in July, the breakfast buffet at Aqua Spa did not offer the delicious rolls and home-made jams like other Solstice class ships do. Instead, they had these mini-muffins (which were delicious) but not what I like to eat for breakfast. Please advise. Thanks!

When I was on Reflection in July, the breakfast buffet at Aqua Spa did not offer the delicious rolls and home-made jams like other Solstice class ships do. Instead, they had these mini-muffins (which were delicious) but not what I like to eat for breakfast. Please advise. Thanks!

I just got off of Reflection (11/30 sailing) and do not recall seeing the rolls at the Aqua Spa Cafe, but they did have the mini muffins and you are right, they are delicious!

Nice to hear that the rumours of the death of the Elite Evening Cocktail Party were somewhat premature. :D:p

Fotolia_52176665_XS.jpg

I ordered a Cappuccino and asked him to hold the milk, and he asked me if I wanted a double and where he should hold the milk. :) He took my seapass and rang it up as a “Loyalty Coffee.”

Aqua Spa Café was not open on embarkation. :( I was a little disappointed.

Our favorite waiter in Blu during the Transatlantic moved over to the Tuscan Grill in the evening and Bistro on Five during the morning. She was fabulous! Her name is Anna, so be sure to ask for her.

I talked with her this morning as she was folding napkins and asked her about the tips vs. those in Blu. She told me she had around 46 people an evening in Blu and around 25 in Tuscan. They got compensated in Tuscan by extra tips.

I did learn one thing this morning about the Specialty Restaurants – In The Bistro ($5 cover charge), if you leave more as a tip for the waiter/server and write it in on the slip/your seapass account, none of the tip goes to the waiter/server – it all goes to Celebrity, so LEAVE THEM CASH!!!

Same for the Tuscan Grill (and I’m sure it applies to all the other specialties), if you are in a suite and are not charged and get a complimentary specialty dining and leave an additional tip on the slip for the waiter for excellent service, most of that tip goes to the Maitre’D and very little to the waiter/server. If you want to compensate the waiter for excellent service and want it to go to the server, LEAVE THEM CASH!!!

That’s the Tip of the Day. :)

Staff on Reflection:

Master: Captain Athanasios G. Peppas

Chief Engineer: Manolis Voulgaris

Staff Captain: Nigel Smyth

Guest Relations Manager: Cristian Comirla

Hotel Director: Julian Brackenbury

Cruise Director: Alexander Yepremian

Food & Beverage Manager: Mark Tomley

Executive Chef: Thomas Stellbrink

Captain’s Club Hostess: Ti-Ann

I ordered a Cappuccino and asked him to hold the milk, and he asked me if I wanted a double and where he should hold the milk. :) He took my seapass and rang it up as a “Loyalty Coffee.”

Our favorite waiter in Blu during the Transatlantic moved over to the Tuscan Grill in the evening and Bistro on Five during the morning. She was fabulous! Her name is Anna, so be sure to ask for her.

I talked with her this morning as she was folding napkins and asked her about the tips vs. those in Blu. She told me she had around 46 people an evening in Blu and around 25 in Tuscan. They got compensated in Tuscan by extra tips.

I did learn one thing this morning about the Specialty Restaurants – In The Bistro ($5 cover charge), if you leave more as a tip for the waiter/server and write it in on the slip/your seapass account, none of the tip goes to the waiter/server – it all goes to Celebrity, so LEAVE THEM CASH!!!

Same for the Tuscan Grill (and I’m sure it applies to all the other specialties), if you are in a suite and are not charged and get a complimentary specialty dining and leave an additional tip on the slip for the waiter for excellent service, most of that tip goes to the Maitre’D and very little to the waiter/server. If you want to compensate the waiter for excellent service and want it to go to the server, LEAVE THEM CASH!!!

What about the bar staff? THANKS!!!

Hi Wino:

I think that is one of the most shocking things that I have ever read on Cruise Critic.....the extra tips that you write on the slips are NOT going to the wait staff (or in the case of the Tuscan Grill, just a small amount)? :eek::eek::eek: Did you hear this from more than one source?

Just off the Reflection yesterday.

The MDR bar staff we encountered was not great. Aqua Spa does not have the jellies and brioches. Most other stuff has been covered. However there must have been a mini virus breakout. I would say at least a dozen people that I personally knew were quarantined late Thursday until the end of the cruise. I saw the bleach spray bottles out on Friday and there was a lot of wiping the rails by crew members. Also 2 people I know got a communication from Celebrity this AM indicating they would get credit for those 2 days. Bravo to Celebrity for fast action and doing what was right since it was not my friends fault this happened.

Finally. The ship was poorly provisioned. Please ask if they have Ginger Peach Ice Tea at Cafe Al Bacio. Also if you have time please say hello from Ken the 1230 AM guy to Mihaela and Fridda at Al Bacio. And say hi from Ken the Tanned Russian Guy for Marius at the Molecular bar. PS they all work after 6 pm. :)

And tell Ivica you want the Ken discount at the Lawn Club Grill and don't forget to ask that you want to keep the apron. That one is a secret so don't go spreading that around the ship!!! ;) and tip extra or else!!!

Edited by ken987

Just off the Reflection yesterday.

The MDR bar staff we encountered was not great. Aqua Spa does not have the jellies and brioches. Most other stuff has been covered. However there must have been a mini virus breakout. I would say at least a dozen people that I personally knew were quarantined late Thursday until the end of the cruise. I saw the bleach spray bottles out on Friday and there was a lot of wiping the rails by crew members. Also 2 people I know got a communication from Celebrity this AM indicating they would get credit for those 2 days. Bravo to Celebrity for fast action and doing what was right since it was not my friends fault this happened.

Finally. The ship was poorly provisioned. Please ask if they have Ginger Peach Ice Tea at Cafe Al Bacio. Also if you have time please say hello from Ken the 1230 AM guy to Mihaela and Fridda at Al Bacio. And say hi from Ken the Tanned Russian Guy for Marius at the Molecular bar. PS they all work after 6 pm. :)

And tell Ivica you want the Ken discount at the Lawn Club Grill and don't forget to ask that you want to keep the apron. That one is a secret so don't go spreading that around the ship!!! ;) and tip extra or else!!!

WHAT?????????? A virus? Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

WHAT?????????? A virus? Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

I know...I was keeping it low key...crew was still shaking hands still and tongs were not removed. All I saw was the bleaching of the rails, no other indications. But my friends indicated that the deck 2 med center was jumping Thursday night and Friday.

Wine-O ~ thanks so much for taking the time to post. Just got off Reflection as you boarded. Let us know how the bar service goes this cruise. They were very understaffed last week. I'm hoping some additional crew was added this week and you don't notice an issue. The crew that was there was awesome....just terribly overwhelmed. One bartender is not capable of working a busy bar alone. Also let me know if you notice the loud music, including rap. Curious to see if it's something new or if it was just last week.

Didn't hear anything about a noro breakout. Glad to hear it wasn't too widespread. Wash those hands, folks. Can't tell you how many people I see leaving restrooms that don't.

Have a blast, Wine-O!