Feedback from Elite plus and Zenith members

travelberlin

My children are currently on the Constellation experiencing the Zenith benefits.

All Zenith passengers have a black seapass card that says "Zenith" in large letter regardless of the cabin category booked.

They have not implemented the VIP Michaels Club yet - supposed to happen in January.

They have the complementary 1600 minute internet package. It is a coupon just like the 90 minute Elite coupon. Makes it much easier to communicate with us. Helps with the SLOW internet - took 17 minutes to email one 4 MB picture:(

They have the complementary premium alcoholic beverage package. The TA had to "purchase" it prior to the cruise even though it was free. We have never had a beverage package before and they LOVE it:) Makes it so much easier even just getting Evian water.

The have complimentary Bulgari shampoo, conditioner and soap.

They have unlimited complementary laundry, dry cleaning and pressing. Just send it out and it is free:)

They now honor the high cruiser at the Captains toast on the first formal night instead of at the Captains Club celebration.

We have over 80 Celebrity cruises and currently sail at least 10 times per year on Celebrity.

We are VERY HAPPY with the new benefits.

It is now virtually impossible for us to sail on another line. The Zenith benefits are worth more than they paid for the cruise:)

If anyone has any specific questions please ask, they are onboard for two weeks.

Congrats!

While I don't see a big dif between Elite and Elite+ (for us at least), Zenith sure would be sweet! :D

I'm curious, on your 80 cruises towards Zenith what was your most common choice of cabin category?

I made it into Elite Plus and I am actually thrilled with the 200 internet minutes and the extra laundry perk. Since I usually cruise on 10-14 days cruises, the 90 minute internet time really didn't cut it. And, with some itineraries, the extra laundry perk will certainly come in handy. So I'm happy!

Congrats to those who are Zenith!

Edited by ecslady

Congratulations to all of the Zenith cruisers. You deserve to be pampered by Celebrity; you are truly loyal customers. Enjoy your new perks, they are well deserved.

Wow! A very classy statement. :)

Edited by Texed

Congrats!

While I don't see a big dif between Elite and Elite+ (for us at least), Zenith sure would be sweet! :D

I'm curious, on your 80 cruises towards Zenith what was your most common choice of cabin category?

Concierge to get the extra point. We have over 5000 points now:)

While on board we received a letter from Michael Bayley outlining the new benefits before the general announcement was made. We were invited for a drink by Marlene, the CC host, in Cellar Masters and were met by the Captain, HD, and the bar manager for an official welcome to the Zenith level. I have heard form another "Z" who had a similar welcome on the bridge.

Our sailing started on November 24th, a day before the announcement and therefore we received none of the benefits. The computer program for printing CC levels did not allow for Zenith label to be applied on a non-black card so we were identified as "Elite" on our key card. Of course we would have liked to have the perks, especially internet and the beverage package for the duration of the voyage, but we managed to enjoy the voyage anyways, :D (a look at temperatures at home reminded us why we were on board).

Other Zs who have recently returned have received a pin and luggage tags and a letter of thanks from Captains Club for being frequent passengers. North of the border the special package has not arrived.

No one onboard Constellation who was identified as now being Elite Plus received the new perks even though we heard that several members complained more than once.

After 145 sailings on Celebrity ships, we are very happy with the new program and will find it very difficult to look elsewhere except for a very special itinerary.

Thank you for the informative update Arno. Like you, our Eclipse sailing began before we had a chance to experience Elite Plus, but we look forward to experiencing the new benefits on Century. Hopefully, it wont be long before we make it to Zenith level, as the benefits are incredible.

I hope that you and Joanne enjoy your much deserved Zenith level, and many wonderful cruises in the years ahead !

My children are currently on the Constellation experiencing the Zenith benefits.

All Zenith passengers have a black seapass card that says "Zenith" in large letter regardless of the cabin category booked.

They have not implemented the VIP Michaels Club yet - supposed to happen in January.

They have the complementary 1600 minute internet package. It is a coupon just like the 90 minute Elite coupon. Makes it much easier to communicate with us. Helps with the SLOW internet - took 17 minutes to email one 4 MB picture:(

They have the complementary premium alcoholic beverage package. The TA had to "purchase" it prior to the cruise even though it was free. We have never had a beverage package before and they LOVE it:) Makes it so much easier even just getting Evian water.

They have unlimited complementary laundry, dry cleaning and pressing. Just send it out and it is free:)

They now honor the high cruiser at the Captains toast on the first formal night instead of at the Captains Club celebration.

We have over 80 Celebrity cruises and currently sail at least 10 times per year on Celebrity.

It is now virtually impossible for us to sail on another line. The Zenith benefits are worth more than they paid for the cruise:)

If anyone has any specific questions please ask, they are onboard for two weeks.

Hi Tommy,

Thank you for the additional information. Cogratulations to you and your children on the Zenith level, and I wish you wonderful cruises ahead. We hope to see you again, on another Celebrity sailing in 2014. Happy Holidays !

It sounds very good! I am glad you are happy with the new benefits. I am trying to calculate how long will I need to get there:)

Presently we are sailing on the Silhouette enjoying the new Zenith benefits:)

We are extremely pleased. If I had made a wish list I could not have come up better ideas. Celebrity rocks and will always have our loyalty

Wow...teachers making Zenith...that is amazing! Good for you! It is a difficult job, and the pay does not correspond!:cool:

It's amazing how some people believe one has to be rich to cruise often. It merely requires dedication and planning wisely. Cruisenut is also a cruising teacher (retired) ;)

Please pass on our greetings to a fellow Zenith cruiser on board with you.

I guess that could be true, especially if you worked in a great district and receive COLA's every year. Also, it might help to cruise near and around the states too. I think it is just wonderful that teachers can enjoy the good life, as teaching is a very difficult occupation, and the pay is way too low, in my opinion. GOOD FOR YOU!!!:) Furthermore, you are a Cruisenut, so that puts it in perspective!

Edited by Lastdance

Just off Summit. Being Elite Plus was very much like being Elite, except with more Internet minutes and laundry items. Much more than we could use in 7 nights.

The specialty dining coupon was no use to us because we bought the Ultimate dining package, and the coupon is only for single dinners.

That is nice to know...:cool:

I made it into Elite Plus and I am actually thrilled with the 200 internet minutes and the extra laundry perk. Since I usually cruise on 10-14 days cruises, the 90 minute internet time really didn't cut it. And, with some itineraries, the extra laundry perk will certainly come in handy. So I'm happy!

Congrats to those who are Zenith!

Great! Congratulations also that you are Elite plus. At a first impression the benefits do not seem that exciting but you are right that more internet time and extra laundry benefits could be handy at longer itineraries.

Presently we are sailing on the Silhouette enjoying the new Zenith benefits:)

We are extremely pleased. If I had made a wish list I could not have come up better ideas. Celebrity rocks and will always have our loyalty

Hi cruising teacher, are you still on the Silhouette? How many Zenith members were with you? Did you have a social event every evening?

Nobody talks about free cruise - that is a nice perk!

We received our free cruise in August 2008 for passing 100 cruises now 3,000 pts.

We received our second free cruise this April for passing 200 cruise points last year (now 6,000 points.) Our next free cruise opportunity would be at the 9,000 point mark, a long way away.

The other perks at Zenith level are so far above any other frequent cruiser program, that I can't imagine cruising on another line. (We will be cruising on Oasis and Allure next year however.)

The other perks at Zenith level are so far above any other frequent cruiser program, that I can't imagine cruising on another line. (We will be cruising on Oasis and Allure next year however.)

I agree Arno. Celebrity hit a huge Home Run with the new Zenith level benefits. FWIW, it's far more than I anticipated. I can't imagine that anyone at Zenith level would ever want to sail elsewhere (other than related brands RCCL & Azamara), and I'm confident that was part of Celebrity's strategy.

Hi Tommy,

Happy to hear Dawn and Eric are enjoying the new benefits. Could you explain your comment that they had to purchase the beverage package through their ta before the cruise? I am puzzled. Thanks.

On our recent Eclipse cruise a key onboard official told us that there are only 121 Zenith members...so those of you with that distinction are in rare territory.

Someone else reported that there are 40 in total. Sometimes I think that crew members pull numbers out of the air just to appease inquiring guests.

Whatever the number, I would think that it is an exclusive group. Good for them; it is much deserved!

On our recent Eclipse cruise a key onboard official told us that there are only 121 Zenith members...so those of you with that distinction are in rare territory.

And others have stated 40 and another 46.

Since most Zenith members have sailed with other Zenith members, I believe the number is much closer to 40 than 121. The Celebrity website used to post pictures of those Celebrating their 100th cruise point. On that basis there are fewer than 30 that I have found. I will try and get a definite number on our next cruise.

Hi Tommy,

Happy to hear Dawn and Eric are enjoying the new benefits. Could you explain your comment that they had to purchase the beverage package through their ta before the cruise? I am puzzled. Thanks.

Hi Anne,

Instead of the black Zenith card automatically getting us the premium beverage package drinks, the TA has to go into the Celebrity computer system and sign us up for the desired beverage package - just as if we were actually buying it - but there is zero cost.

I guess there system needed this so the bartender could process all the free drinks the same way they do for the premium beverage package.

I would have though they could have trained everyone that just showing the black Zenith card allowed them to give you the free drinks.

Does that help?

Tom

It is interesting that so many different numbers are being thrown around.

Orator was quoted 40 on the Silhouette.

We were quoted 60 on the Constellation.......

Even if 121, it is still a SMALL subset of the 2 million Captains Club members:)

Hi Anne,

Instead of the black Zenith card automatically getting us the premium beverage package drinks, the TA has to go into the Celebrity computer system and sign us up for the desired beverage package - just as if we were actually buying it - but there is zero cost.

I guess there system needed this so the bartender could process all the free drinks the same way they do for the premium beverage package.

I would have though they could have trained everyone that just showing the black Zenith card allowed them to give you the free drinks.

Does that help?

Tom

Thanks Tom, it does help. I just assumed it was automatic when showing the sea pass card. Something I will have to remember to do. :)

Nobody talks about free cruise - that is a nice perk!

If one wishes to get from zero to Zenith for a free cruise, one would need to sail:

1500 days in an IN or OV

1000 days in a Balcony cabin

600 days in an CC or AQ

166 days in the penthouse.

That is much tougher than under the old system but the new perks that accompany the Zenith level are amazing.

Just off SI with the Z package. Our cruise started on 1 Dec. Since I was already on board form the previous cruise I was asked which drink package we desired later in the cruise I was asked by the CCH if the Premium would be our choice each time we cruised, yes was our reply so we just have to show up. Wine with lunch and dinner, having the Sommelier pare the wines and foods is all new to me, so much fun. MacCallan Whisky, $11 Scottish Beer, the list goes on. I got thru half the teas on the menu, will finish in EC 25 Jan. I did all my email drafting on line I went out of my way to use the minutes I left the ship still having $100 credit and did not use Flo's at all. IMO 3600 minutes, if my math is correct that is nearly 4 hours a day on a 14 day cruise. I would take half the minutes for free transportation to town, some ports cost $20pp none less than $12pp or free Airport to Ship XFER and vice versa. We did not care for the presentation of flowers and wine in the theater before the Captain's Toast, the CC Celebration was nothing more an hour of drinking, much like the Senior Officer Party. Originally only the top cruiser was to be honored with no mention of other Zenith members on board. After I complained the CCH mentioned the other couple at the Party. Miami has since changed that policy. IMO using Michael's Club for a Penthouse, Royal Suite, Zenith Lounge is a waist of space. The entire Club for, what, 10-15 people, I would rather have a few drinks watching a band play. There was some kinks that needed working on, but all and all the Zenith Level perks the best I have heard of. EXCELLENT!!! ~ Rick

PS keep in mind I did not proof read this due to time constrains, I have a cruise 25 Jan.