Help!! Couple booked with us not getting along, Options ?

albether7

Hi,

Need some help here... We booked a cruise with a relative and husband who are not getting along now...

I want to help them wih options if:

---He cancels ..at last minute we're less than 1 month out.

What's the best way to have her still cruise without him, if he bails...

and second, can she replace him with her teen age daughter?

Thanks,

Al

Hi,

Need some help here... We booked a cruise with a relative and husband who are not getting along now...

Thanks,

Al

Yes according to their Australian website *Names may be changed up to 24 hours prior to sailing provided one of the original names remains on the reservations. And in their brochure they say you can change one name per cabin for a fee of A$50. They may have different policy in different country about the fee and the time frame for the name change. So it would be best that you check with your TA or with RCI if you booked directly with them.

Edited by Jasp 0401

I would let them handle it themselves That way it was all there decision. Relative or not. They need to settle things their own way. We always want to help but sometimes they need to do it themselves. I am sure they will find a solution that is best for them

NOT your problem! If NONE of them go, you'll still have a fine time, right?

It sounded like two couples and yes. I did go without my X on a cruise when we devorced. I took my best friend. And we had a blast. He begged to come Instead I had the best cruise and it was very very peaceful. With no stress

Hi,

Thanks,

Al

there is no refund due regardless at this late date so she can show up without him and cruise. as for changing the name if he was the primary person I do not think that is possible . if not it may cost a few bucks to make the change.

Hi,

Thanks,

Al

Not your problem to solve and suggest best not to get involved.

Not your problem to solve and suggest best not to get involved.

LOL

The OP was not asking for advice to fix their marriage. Looking for insight into possible options incase there is a last minute change to their existing booking.

LOL

The OP was not asking for advice to fix their marriage. Looking for insight into possible options incase there is a last minute change to their existing booking.

Fully understand what OP is attempting to do and IMO it's still not OP's issue to get involved or even present options.

Something similar happened within our group on Celebrity, but the couple decided to go on the cruise and appeared to still be together including sleeping in the same bed! We didn't know about the break-up until after the trip.

It would have been messy to cancel or replace a month or so before the trip with air tickets to Europe already booked along with other reservations after the cruise. I think they realized this, and decided to make the best of it.

We stayed out of it only because we didn't know about it until the trip was over.

Fully understand what OP is attempting to do and IMO it's still not OP's issue to get involved or even present options.

How ironic. You're basically trying to get involved in the OP's business and tell them what they should or should not do. Either answer the OP's question or don't! But don't post your unsolicited opinion where it does not belong. It's not your issue to get involved in either.

How ironic. You're basically trying to get involved in the OP's business and tell them what they should or should not do. Either answer the OP's question or don't! But don't post your unsolicited opinion where it does not belong. It's not your issue to get involved in either.

...and the irony continues!

Edited by fishin' musician

It sounded like two couples and yes. I did go without my X on a cruise when we devorced. I took my best friend. And we had a blast. He begged to come Instead I had the best cruise and it was very very peaceful. With no stress

In early '06 my ex and I were booked on a cruise with several other couples. In between booking and the sail date we separated, with plans to divorce. I went on the cruise anyway and met a wonderful man on board. We have been together almost 8 years now. :)

Good heavens, what's wrong with having options available? One of them might still want to go but not want to go alone (and feel like a 3rd wheel), so knowing they can change one of the names to the daughter might be very helpful.

In early '06 my ex and I were booked on a cruise with several other couples. In between booking and the sail date we separated, with plans to divorce. I went on the cruise anyway and met a wonderful man on board. We have been together almost 8 years now. :)

Good heavens, what's wrong with having options available? One of them might still want to go but not want to go alone (and feel like a 3rd wheel), so knowing they can change one of the names to the daughter might be very helpful.

Right. Especially if the 'couple in crisis' has never cruised before and OP was the one who maybe convinced them to go. They just want to know what their options are for the trip.

And, waterbug, congrats on the 'new' man! What an awesome story! :D

How ironic in deed as you have intentionally singled my post to slam when post #6 and post # 7 stated the same thing.

Post # 6

I would let them handle it themselves That way it was all there decision. Relative or not. They need to settle things their own way. We always want to help but sometimes they need to do it themselves. I am sure they will find a solution that is best for them

Post # 7

NOT your problem! If NONE of them go, you'll still have a fine time, right?

YOU are so right.......what is a world without options?.

Sounds like the OP has a good head on her shoulders! Knowledge is king in any situation.

Additionally... one can pretend the affairs of a travel partner doesn't matter and is none of our business....but it is. Traveling with other couples and persons is not as easy as one might believe.

Edited by JohnSnowGOT