Off Serenade Transatlantic today

Just finished the Serenade 15-night Transatlantic today from Barcelona to New Orleans. Fantastic sailing with a fantastic crew! Upon boarding, they gave us extra internet minutes since it was such a long sailing. We had our normal 45-minute coupons (as Diamond Plus), but they also gave us an extra $50 internet credit. Then, a few days later, they gave us ANOTHER $50 internet credit! What a great surprise! Plus, internet was half-price from 11pm til 8am, so we really had PLENTY of minutes for the entire cruise! The crew was definitely one of the best, and the ship is in fantastic shape.

I've heard of the horror stories of the transatlantics arriving in New Orleans with disembarkation....but this was one of the smoothest ever! Anyone headed for the Serenade should have a great time. We'll be back on again in Feb for 2 cruises....

Peter

Just finished the Serenade 15-night Transatlantic today from Barcelona to New Orleans. Fantastic sailing with a fantastic crew! Upon boarding, they gave us extra internet minutes since it was such a long sailing. We had our normal 45-minute coupons (as Diamond Plus), but they also gave us an extra $50 internet credit. Then, a few days later, they gave us ANOTHER $50 internet credit! What a great surprise! Plus, internet was half-price from 11pm til 8am, so we really had PLENTY of minutes for the entire cruise! The crew was definitely one of the best, and the ship is in fantastic shape.

I've heard of the horror stories of the transatlantics arriving in New Orleans with disembarkation....but this was one of the smoothest ever! Anyone headed for the Serenade should have a great time. We'll be back on again in Feb for 2 cruises....

Peter

Hello Peter. Thanks for sharing your experience on The Serenade Of The Seas. I took her over from San Juan-Barcelona with my Father in April 2012 and enjoyed it very much.

Glad you had a blast. Hope you enjoy your upcoming cruises in February.

My mom and dad were with you on that cruise and they said the same thing. They are getting close to pinnacle, so they have cruised a lot and seen it all.

They said the concierge was the best ever!

We were on Serenade in October and Mario the concierge is just fabulous...really glad they had a great crossing on a fabulous ship.

Sandra x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the Serenade update. We're booked on the Serenade Bahamian Holiday cruise out of NOLA in a few days. I've never been on the Serenade, and I've never taken a New Year's Eve cruise, so I'm very excited. I'm also excited to head out to warmer weather. It sounds as if your cruise staff were great. So glad you had a nice trip.:)

My mom and dad were with you on that cruise and they said the same thing. They are getting close to pinnacle, so they have cruised a lot and seen it all.

They said the concierge was the best ever!

I'm sure we saw them in the lounge then.....we were there every night, and Jim (my partner) played the piano every night. If they were there at the same time as us, I'm sure they heard him! Both concierges were absolutely fantastic!

Peter

Peter

I was on the cruise and yes it was a great trip. The staff, entertainment, people and of course the ship were all fabulous.

I disembarked about 7:30-8AM and it took about 10 minutes to clear customs and immigration. Later that evening I met a couple who disembarked at 9AM and it took them 2 hours at immigration. So it is true that there can be horrors in New Orleans. The agents apologized saying that they were understaffed.

Really nice touch to add the internet minutes, especially on a transatlantic.:)

We could have used it 2011, on our very Long Australian cruises we did B2B.......some were 16 to 18 nights if I remember right.

I too was on this sailing and have to say it was my best cruise with RCCL to date! Staff, service, entertainment and food all superb. The refit has left this class of ship lovelier than ever. I was so impressed that I booked her transatlantic and first Caribbean cruise for fall 2014 while onboard. Oh and I managed to snag the same aft cabin for both :D. Love those afts!

Just curious as to how many days at sea you had? I'm guessing probably somewhere between 7 and 10. But what do you do to occupy your time on such a long cruise with lots of days at sea. I have always thought about a TA, but the fear of bordem is haunting me. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Zigggypup

Just curious as to how many days at sea you had? I'm guessing probably somewhere between 7 and 10. But what do you do to occupy your time on such a long cruise with lots of days at sea. I have always thought about a TA, but the fear of bordem is haunting me. Thanks in advance.

We were on Radiance, same size, for 63 days and did fine. :) The gym and walking to wear off the calories and get exercise.

Then it was time for lunch..... we did OK and were surprised that it worked out so well. Relaxing and reading in the afternoon, mini golf and walking or socializing with people. Then early dinner and early happy hour in the Lounge, so that gets you going to get ready for that, then time for dinner!!:D

RoyalDiamond, or anyone who was on this transatlantic - I am looking for names or details of the MDR menus that are after the first seven nights. I have been on several 7 night cruises and am familiar with the names of the menus but there are additional menus after the 7 nights. Are these set menus just like the first 7? I have searched CC and the internet and can't find any info on these. I have booked the Oasis for the return transatlantic and was interested in looking over the menus to determine which night I should book my specialty restaurants.

I did a 106 day cruise earlier this year and I loved it so much I've got a 105 day one booked for 2015! Sea days are great! On my last cruise, I did lots of quizzes and on the ship I was on some quiz prizes were bottles of wine, wayyy better than a lousy pen or key ring :)