Royal returning to west coast?

That is a good catch. :D

Probably? :confused: I agree about the market test. We are ready to book October 3rd 2015. :D If they offer several itineraries, maybe a b2b. Sue and Audie's Caribbean cruise in April 2015 was non-bookable for awhile, so it makes sense that the new itineraries are now finalized.

Based on Radiance's 2014 schedule, if followed by Jewel for 2015 (ending around Sept 5), it would mean there would be 2 cruises (via Hawaii) before getting to Los Angeles. Those trips tend to be more profitable to the lines, versus deadheading them to California.

I'm glad my constant hounding of Adam may have contributed to make him relent. :)

Yes...Thanks to you and the many others on these boards that have continued to bring up the west coast subject whenever we have gotten the chance.

Now all we need is to hear it directly from RCI...better late than never.:)

Interesting...because if JOS was taking Rhapsody's place in Alaska she would be there already on this date :confused:...

Should be fine. May 2014 Rhapsody leaves Hawaii May 3 and arrives in Vancouver May 16 to commence it's 7 day Alaska itineraries.

In 2015, if Jewel replaces Rhapsody's current friday scheduling..... she leaves San Juan May 2, does a 14 day Panama Canal to LA (May 16) and then a 6-day repositioning to Seattle (San Fran, Vancouver) it will be there on Friday May 22.

So no problem, would be only 1 week after Rhapsody's current schedule.

14 day Panama Canal (San Juan to LA)

Day 1 - San Juan

Day 2 - at sea

Day 3 - Puerto Limon, Costa Rica

Day 4 - Colon, Panama

Day 5 - Panama Canal transit

Day 6 - at sea

Day 7 - Punta Arenas, Costa Rica

Day 8 - Puerto Corinto, Nicaragua

Day 9 - Puerto Quetzal, Guatemala

Day 10 - Huatulco, Mexico

Day 11 - at sea

Day 12 - at sea

Day 13 - Cabo San Lucas

Day 14 - at sea

6 day Coastal repo (LA to Vancouver)

Day 1 - LA

Day 2 - Catalina Island

Day 2 - Santa Barbara

Day 3 - San Fran

Day 4 - San Fran

Day 5 - at sea

I can dream, can't I?? :D:D:D

Interesting...because if JOS was taking Rhapsody's place in Alaska she would be there already on this date :confused:...Time will tell and I'm not talking about getting the info from RCI...they will be the last to notify us ;)

RCI hasn't released the 2015 Alaska schedule yet. My guess is that they will announce the new schedule about a month after they open for bookings.:rolleyes: But we would be thrilled!

Day 1 - San Juan

Day 2 - at sea

Day 4 - Colon, Panama

Day 6 - at sea

Day 11 - at sea

Day 12 - at sea

Day 13 - Cabo San Lucas

Day 14 - at sea

6 day Coastal repo (LA to Vancouver)

Day 1 - LA

Day 2 - Catalina Island

Day 2 - Santa Barbara

Day 3 - San Fran

Day 4 - San Fran

Day 5 - at sea

Where do we sign up and book it!!???:):)

Do we expect September and October to be in the next announcement for summer 2015, or the later fall 2015 announcement?

Royal usually releases a year's worth of itineraries in the March/April time frame.

Day 1 - San Juan

Day 2 - at sea

Day 4 - Colon, Panama

Day 6 - at sea

Day 11 - at sea

Day 12 - at sea

Day 13 - Cabo San Lucas

Day 14 - at sea

Interesting itinerary, but I'm not sure that's legal under PVSA.

Based upon the LA port calendar, I suspect the canal trip will end in San Diego.

Interesting itinerary, but I'm not sure that's legal under PVSA.

Based upon the LA port calendar, I suspect the canal trip will end in San Diego.

Although if they are stopping in Catalina, that would require backtracking, so that would be odd from a fuel consumption standpoint. Floating across the channel to LA makes much more sense.

I wonder if Jewel will be getting her revenue enhancements in Victoria )where Radiance got hers) and that's the primary reason for the move. Then they can test the West Coast market in the process, as well as have a second ship in Alaska for the season.

We so enjoyed going on the Radiance and Mariner when they were on the west coast.

We would do another RCL cruise in a heartbeat from SD or LA no matter what the itinerary is.

Doing the LA Inaugural cruise on the Mariner in Feb 2009 was awesome.

It would be great to see all the west coast CC posters again and the Arizona Cruisers on a west coast RCL cruise.

Sign us up!!!

Laura

Although if they are stopping in Catalina, that would require backtracking, so that would be odd from a fuel consumption standpoint. Floating across the channel to LA makes much more sense.

I wonder if Jewel will be getting her revenue enhancements in Victoria )where Radiance got hers) and that's the primary reason for the move. Then they can test the West Coast market in the process, as well as have a second ship in Alaska for the season.

I am so excited to see the news! Jean, you make good sense about a dry dock, combined with West Coast and Alaska. We will book as much as we can possibly manage, as soon as we can. I think March/April, 2014 is about right for the new sailings to open.

We are on Freedom at the moment, I would love to spread the word!

Sure hope they open up the cruises in March/April.

In April I will be on the Panama cruise so I can book a b2b for Oct.2015.

I, too, would love to see either MR again or Pacific Coastal cruises. If there are only going to be several just to test market or to take Jewel to Victoria to be refitted how would the best way to find out about them - official web site ,TA, or calling RCI?

I, too, would love to see either MR again or Pacific Coastal cruises. If there are only going to be several just to test market or to take Jewel to Victoria to be refitted how would the best way to find out about them - official web site ,TA, or calling RCI?

I doubt RCI front staff knows a thing... I think it's very hush hush until it's absolutely official. When the huge Rhapsody re-deployment thread was out, I was just leaving for my 12-day on the Vision. My whole plan was to book on-board for Hawaii on the Rhapsody for 2014. For curiosity, I told the Loyalty Ambassador to check the 2015 schedule on her system because of all the talk here on CruiseCritic. She said "that's the first she heard of it" and that Rhapsody was still coming back to Alaska.

To her surprise, the booking system on the ship was showing her (and she turned the screen to show me) the cancelled ports of the Sydney-Hawaii-Vancouver portions of the May 2015 and it also showed all of the new ports right through to Istanbul! But they didn't have a booking code (or something like that) at that time where she could actually make a booking. She was very excited, first time she saw the new itinerary.... and me too! When I got back home and checked these message boards, it looks like most people here got word of the new itinerary around the same time I did on board.

Anyways, my point is that someone who you might think could have knowledge (ie. RCL) with various itineraries changes and news of redeployments had no hint of this. If they did, I figure they likely couldn't, or wouldn't, confirm anything :)

Sure hope all this is true. :)

About Dang Time!! :D

We had to cut back on cruising with RCI due to the high cost of flying. For us it was like paying for another person to cruise...IN A SUITE...just to pay the airfare. Sadly the times they will be in LA are right after school starts. Our Principal would be serving me my ears for lunch when I got back...unless of course I retire by then. :rolleyes: Hmmmm, that's a nice thought. Now if they have a Christmas break cruise...I AM SO THERE!

But they used to do that with Monarch on the 4 day trip....San Diego, Catalina, then Ensenada. But as I mentioned before, I suspect San Diego will be the terminus of the canal trip....but will have to wait and see. April/May is usually a real crappy time for us due to work issues, so we are stuck with the September/October time frame.

It would be sort of depressing to us to have the 'upgrade' work done in Victoria, as we would lose Portofino. :( My luck with Chops has not been good in 6 tries.