bottled water in Aqua Class cabins

ClaudiaB

We're sailing aqua class next month. Typically we've brought on a case of bottled water as we like to drink it all day long. Will the cabin steward give us as much water as we'd like? How does it work actually? I seem to remember reading that only one bottle was given a day or just one at a time.

It is two bottles per stateroom per day (.5 liter size). Often if you ask your stateroom attendant for extra they will oblige, but you are not guaranteed extras (and if you receive extras the steward is going above & beyond what they are expected/required to do).

[quote name='ClaudiaB']We're sailing aqua class next month. Typically we've brought on a case of bottled water as we like to drink it all day long. Will the cabin steward give us as much water as we'd like? How does it work actually? I seem to remember reading that only one bottle was given a day or just one at a time.[/quote]

We had 2 bottles, then 4. It seems to be as much as you can drink. Lets see what other people have gotten. Richard

We have done four cruises in Aqua Class. We were never limited to two bottles per stateroom per day. Once we started to use the water (after the first day) more and more bottles were delivered each day. Several days into each cruise we always had several unopened water bottles in the stateroom.

We've have had as many .5L bottles as needed, replacing empties at each am and pm service. The cabin attendant often left us extras for port days, and definitely happy to give another whenever I asked. He has a case on the service cart and has handed them out freely to us. There is also the infusion tea to drink when in cabin. Edited by Janet987

If you are taking a European Cruise, stop by one of the shops and pick up a 6-pack of their 1.5L bottles of water. My wife uses them to pour a packet of Crystal Lite to make of jug of her drink du jour. You can transfer them to the smaller bottles to take with you on excursions.

Your Stateroom Attendant will bring you as much water as you would like -- within reason. ;)

[quote name='Northern Aurora']We have done four cruises in Aqua Class. We were never limited to two bottles per stateroom per day. Once we started to use the water (after the first day) more and more bottles were delivered each day. Several days into each cruise we always had several unopened water bottles in the stateroom.[/QUOTE]

There didn't really seem to be a limit on the water as far as we could tell. It was stocked with a couple of bottles when we arrived. If we removed those bottles, a couple more would show at night and then again in the morning. We got more like 4 bottles a day.....seems like if you asked for extras, there was nothing stopping them from giving you a couple more bottles. Also, you are given a new pitcher of tea each day -- which was more like a slightly flavored water. Some of it wasn't bad with ice in it but some days, it was not great. Who knows, you may like it.

We had water in our room but as I recall, it was an off brand. I know some people are particular about their brands so someone else may be able to recall exactly what it was, but I heard a few negative comments from other AQ passengers. We had the beverage package so just picked up our preferred brands from the bar and brought them back to the cabin ( we actually prefer sparkling water so that worked well for us.)

We usually had 6 lined up and a few in the fridge it was the same brand as what they had in the Fridge that they charge for. It was fine for water, I drank the Tea and it was good but you need a larger ice bucket since the Tea is warm!

We were on the Reflection Nov 1st

I'm happy to hear that there's a good chance we can get more water than just a couple bottles a day. It helps me to drink plenty to counteract the effects of more salty/processed food on board ship. And it'll be nice not to have to lug a case of it on board. I try and have about 8 to 10 bottles a day and although I know that might be an unreasonable amount to ask for, at least it's a start and I can purchase the rest. We haven't felt the need for drink packages so far but that's always an option.

Thanks again for the very helpful replies to my question. Now just 25 days until we embark…….. :-)

I take an insulated water bottle to keep water and tea icy cold. I also like the water in the Relaxation lounge and spa lobby (with slices of cucumber, etc) and from the gym bubbler. The ice bucket is small and if the attendant isn't around I refill it myself in the buffet. There are more options to find good water on the ship than just the bottles.